• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it bothering people, or is it just me?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I got 7.8 times face value for my tickets. All 6 of them. Paid for the season. Watched a pretty good game on TV. Sort of wish I had gone, but for selling the FSU game the other 5 games became free. I would do it again.

Call me fair weather if you want, but I was at the Chattanooga and Rutgers games and will be at the Cuse, UConn, Miami (maybe), and Pitt games. Add a bowl game if it happens.

I would have went if USF were 4-0, but they weren't and I didn't. Feels good to go to free games the rest of the season.

club tickets to all our home games can be had for $10 each on the street. so you essentially got $50 worth of value for skipping fsu game. congrats.

I tend to look at it this way. I sold my $35 tickets for $1,638 total. Was it worth paying $1,638 to go watch that game? Not to me.

If I could have gotten 6 replacement tickets for $35 each, I would have gone... So that equation seems like a lot more like $1,428 worth of value I got out of the tickets, but who's counting?

why bother buying season tickets was my point. you can buy club level to almost every game for $10 each. you didn't get $1400 value. that might be your cost but that's not the value.

I sit with a group of about 20 or so people. The only realistic way to have everyone sit together is to have season tickets all next to each other. So, we pay $35 a ticket and not $10. That's not a big deal to me.

On top of that I feel more involved with the university being a season ticket holder. Just buying the $10 tickets doesn't really help out the school or the program.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'll put it this way. You think a good portion of LSU fans will sell their Bama tix for $400 a piece?

Edited by Joe

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Me want to puke. Many in 124 lost my respect.

I hope I wasn't one of them. I'm glad I went, even if I was outnumbered.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  151

I'll put it this way. You think a good portion of LSU fans will sell their Bama tix for $400 a piece?

apples and oranges

also-- those tickets would sell for close to a grand

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

There's never a shortage of tickets available on the secondary market for the Red River Rivalry....so it seems that Longhorn and Sooner fans are willing to sell them and watch the game on TV. So, yes Tiger and Tide fans will sell theirs, but $400 would bell selling too cheaply!

• Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

I'll never feel embarassed to be a Bull, but I was surprised at how many season ticket holders sold their tickets. That Ball St. loss zapped some serious enthusiasm, or a lot of our season ticket holders are just fair-weather.

plenty of people were getting paid 6 times face value for their tickets

that is a pretty rare event for a Bulls game

Sorry, Mike, I'll have to disagree. This was a huge game, and for some season ticket holders to have sold their seats for even 6 times face value, still makes them pretty fair-weather, in my opinion.

I'm with you. unless you have a problem putting food on the table,

Agree with the sentiment but not sure you can call them "fair weather" if they're going to all the rest of the games ... just one of the other many levels of fandom in the fairly unique Bulls Nation. B)

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  742
  • Days Won:  0

We split 8 tickets between two families. Some weeks we have no tickets left some weeks we have 6. I have not gotten near face value for a ticket since the last UCF home game, hell most weeks I can't get $10 for club access tickets. So before you start accusing people of selling out you should try buying season tickets for 12 years and making road trips and bowl games. So yeah we sold our extras some went to fsu fans some were USF. I went to the game but apparently my sellout price for extra tickets is $300+

Edited by jaym

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

You can't call someone a sell out when they have an opportunity like that. Fandom can't be blind, plus he has two kids. From a family standpoint, any decision that allows you to better take care of your family makes you a responsible adult/parent, not a sell out.

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

We split 8 tickets between two families. Some weeks we have no tickets left some weeks we have 6. I have not gotten near face value for a ticket since the last UCF home game, hell most weeks I can't get $10 for club access tickets. So before you start accusing people of selling out you should try buying season tickets for 12 years and making road trips and bowl games. So yeah we sold our extras some went to fsu fans some were USF. I went to the game but apparently my sellout price for extra tickets is $300+

That's a great story and all but if you actually went to the game, you're not really being accused of selling out ...