• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You would think we are 5-7 already

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

This team will be lucky to get more than 5 wins...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

yea i know but did you watch the Cincy, Rutgers, Louisville, WVU, UConn and Miami game? I would say the one game out of those 6 that was on Skip was the Miami game.

the rest...players need to make plays. bottom line

you mean taking a knee and settling for a field goal from the opponents 2 yard line on second and goal with 20 seconds and 2 timeouts left and then losing by 3 points isn't on the coach? he coaches scared.

or calling 27 pass plays in humidity where your QB can't grip the ball properly instead of running the ball when he is averaging 6.5 ypc isn't on the coaches?

what a joke

great coaches can turn around a program in 3 years or less. Rich rod is doing it in one year. bill snyder top 10 within 3 years without "his" QB and coming from 5-7.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

yea i know but did you watch the Cincy, Rutgers, Louisville, WVU, UConn and Miami game? I would say the one game out of those 6 that was on Skip was the Miami game.

you mean taking a knee and settling for a field goal from the opponents 2 yard line on second and goal with 20 seconds and 2 timeouts left and then losing by 3 points isn't on the coach? he coaches scared.

or calling 27 pass plays in humidity where your QB can't grip the ball properly instead of running the ball when he is averaging 6.5 ypc isn't on the coaches?

what a joke

great coaches can turn around a program in 3 years or less. Rich rod is doing it in one year. bill snyder top 10 within 3 years without "his" QB and coming from 5-7.

I completely agree with you, but, I see many fans talking about "turning around" the program.

It wasn't broken. It didn't need to be turned around. We had 2 losing seasons under Leavitt. We went to 5 straight bowls. To me, it looks like Skip has turned it around... and not in a good way.

I hate Leavitt for getting himself fired. Loved him as our coach, at least for where we were as a program. At the end of the day, the program was too fragile to go through that change.

Slick- I'm not being sarcastic here, but, you have said many times that the people on this board are ignorant and we shouldn't question the coaches because there is no way we know what we're talking about. Just wondering what qualifies you to make such a statement? Seriously?

I think Bull94 has been beating a very logical drum about how this staff has used BJD, but, please enlighten us about how he can't possibly be correct.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

what a joke

I completely agree with you, but, I see many fans talking about "turning around" the program.

It wasn't broken. It didn't need to be turned around. We had 2 losing seasons under Leavitt. We went to 5 straight bowls. To me, it looks like Skip has turned it around... and not in a good way.

I hate Leavitt for getting himself fired. Loved him as our coach, at least for where we were as a program. At the end of the day, the program was too fragile to go through that change.

Slick- I'm not being sarcastic here, but, you have said many times that the people on this board are ignorant and we shouldn't question the coaches because there is no way we know what we're talking about. Just wondering what qualifies you to make such a statement? Seriously?

I think Bull94 has been beating a very logical drum about how this staff has used BJD, but, please enlighten us about how he can't possibly be correct.

I agree we didn't need to be turned around.

we are in year 3 and we don't seem to be any more prepared for our opponents than we were in years 1 and 2. our gameplans are baffling at times. players look lost and unmotivated. some blame everything on Bj and say let's see when he gets "his" guy in here. If it wasn't his guy then by all means replace him. there is no way a QB of BJ Daniels skill set should be throwing the ball 3 times for every time he runs it. he averaged 4.6 yards per carry last year. I have news for those who think Woulard is skip's guy. he has the same skill sets that BJ has and if he is used the same way then we will have similar results. there are plenty of coaches that win without "their" guy. Holtz likes to say we are a "work in progress'. how can we possibly be a work in progress in year 3 with all the seniors on this team? that's what you build for. an experienced team to show up every 3rd or 4th year. next year will be rebuilding with a new QB and lots of holes to fill. This was the year to prove he can coach here.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

K State has a program 100 plus years old, an icon for a coach and recruits in Texas. Compare USF to teams that started from scratch around the same time and weren't moving up from 1aa you have FAU, FIU. Compare to them.

Really? We're going to use the age of the program argument now? What does that have to do with anything?

Apples to apples when you are talking about a program this young. If you are legal to drink alcohol, you are older than USF. To expect things it took decades or a century for other programs to achieve is ridiculous. USF is already so far ahead of its peer programs, its practically off the chart.

Sorry, thought you were talking about Skip, seems the thread diverted that way and may have begun to divert back towards the program in general.

As for coaches, they aren't all the same. They all aren't going to produce great results in the same amount of time. Look at Rich Rod at Michigan. Every situation is unique. And what is going on in Tampa has been around since Leavitt. Maybe USF should have hired Schiano. He has the Bucs totally turned around in one offseason.

Yes, and RichRod was fired in Michigan for not producing results. Skip did not inherent a "turn around" job. He inherented a team that had plateaued at 8-5/9-4 seasons while finishing middle of the pack in the Big East. Going backwards while playing now an arguably easier conference schedule (Big East was much more competetive during the Leavitt years) is not excusable. We don't need to compare ourselves to other programs, which you continually seem to bring up, we only need to compare ourselves to "ourselves" and see where our progress is going, and its going in the wrong direction.

Yes every school has its down periods, but when those schools have down periods, they almost always come out of them by making coaching changes.

Edited by Bullshiznitz

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Back to the subject of the thread. The doom and gloom is simple. We lost to Rutgers. Again. And played badly on national TV. Again. And we looked completely baffled and unprepared. Again. That's why people are so upset.

There are some fans who would say that if we were going to go 1-6 again in conference, the one win we wanted the most would be Rutgers. I hate those guys.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I think that is a big difference between our program and most of the top 40 programs in the Country.

Most of our fans our unrealistic and it is in large part because they probably never followed CFB too close before USF got relevant.

EVERY program has bad years and bad stretches but these programs still have way more fans and way more $$$ then we have over 5 years combined.

We are like the team from the projects trying to make it to the Little League World Series saying gloves and cleats when the teams we are playing are full of ex-MLB player kids who have all the resources in the world.

You and Slick seem to want to make strawman arguments here. No one here is complaining because we don't have a National Championship trophy yet. We didn't suddenly move to the SEC and fans are complaining that we didn't win it year one. Most of us are complaining because we are now 4-11 against the Big East under Skip. The same Big East where UConn joined us in I-A at the same time. The same Big East where Cincy and Louisville joined a BCS conference the same time as we did. The same Big East that we are virtually equal to most schools in resources (if not exceed them in some cases). We aren't overmatched at all.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

Both teams played a sloppy game last Thursday night. But, all of that aside, we had the ball with over four minutes to play, two time outs, and a tie score. And, our offense laid an egg. And, we got the ball back with good field position, over two minutes left, two time outs, and only down by three and our offense laid another egg. Where was the senior leadership? And, I don't want to hear about turnovers or fatigue, because the game was ours to win or tie, respectively. In other words, regardless of how the teams played to that point, we had a chance to pull out the win - or a tie - against a conference opponent. And, we couldn't get it done. Are going to learn from our mistakes? I hope so. But, technically, if this is how we played last year, shouldn't we have already learned? And, I pray that the Rutgers game was the exception - and just the result of all of the jinxes in one. But, if we continue to play like that, or continue not to seize the moment (which blows my mind on a team full of seniors - let alone a team with a redshirt senior qb who has been starting for over 3 years), we will finish with a bad record and winning the Big east is out of the question - especially since we are already 0-1 in conference play).

That being said, go Bulls!!! :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Rutgers owns us :( We are their little bitches.

Run, run, run. Blitz, blitz, blitz. Eventually USF will fold. Don't worry. The team is not prepared for that.