• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You would think we are 5-7 already

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

not that they're 5-7, but seeing them play is indicative of how they'll end up.

first game was alright, second game was pretty bad but due to circumstances of travel and the offense they faced, third game was just flat and uninspiring.

this weekend's game will be tantamount to how well this team can bounce back from failure. and then next week is another test. and it doesn't get any easier from there on out.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

my point is- we all knew we weren't going to be undefeated but in college football a lot of changes happen from Sept to Dec. Lets see.

and by the way---that video Clip was Jim leavitt laying into Brett McMurphy for asking a positive question. It is funny when taken at face value but it clearly shows why Coach Leavitt would never be able to build our program beyond what we were under him.

Not to say Skip Holtz will but Skip is the anti-Leavitt.

I do agree that if this season continues on this same path and he doesn't go out and get a better OC then we have problems but I also want to say that BJ Daniels isn't a Skip Holtz QB...never was...never will be.

But when you Recruit QBs a lot of it starts their Soph year in these camps. and SURPRISE SURPRISE...look who we have coming in next year in Skips first run at Recruiting a QB at a BCS level school....one of the best QBs in the Country in Asiantii Woolard.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Hopefully a convincing win against Ball State will help

Will help what? How convincing can a win against a middle of the pack MAC team be? Ball St is ranked 105th by Sagarin.

Get us back on track. Season is still young.

not that they're 5-7, but seeing them play is indicative of how they'll end up.

first game was alright, second game was pretty bad but due to circumstances of travel and the offense they faced, third game was just flat and uninspiring.

this weekend's game will be tantamount to how well this team can bounce back from failure. and then next week is another test. and it doesn't get any easier from there on out.

yea i mean i dont expect it to be Puppies and whatever Sheriff said but I wouldn't expect a total meltdown. We easily could have won that game last week if BJ would have made some better throws and we didnt turn it over as much. Pretty simple.

What really hurts is that we have ZERO running game when Murray is in there. I wish we would play the backups more and that Sims gets healthy

I think that is a big difference between our program and most of the top 40 programs in the Country.

Most of our fans our unrealistic and it is in large part because they probably never followed CFB too close before USF got relevant.

EVERY program has bad years and bad stretches but these programs still have way more fans and way more $$$ then we have over 5 years combined.

We are like the team from the projects trying to make it to the Little League World Series saying gloves and cleats when the teams we are playing are full of ex-MLB player kids who have all the resources in the world.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Yes the fanbase is unrealistic, to believe we should do better than 1-6 in conference or find 6 wins in a schedule that includes a 1-AA and 2 nonBCS schools.

Unrealistic to believe that an extension coming off a 5-7 season is unwarranted.

Unrealistic to believe that a coach could either use the QB he has, or recruit someone else to take over and not have to wait for "his" QB to play as a freshman in year 4.

If we were a top 40 program Holtz would be dumped absent a winning conference record and bowl this year. But we're not. So we'll keep showing up in dwindling numbers until we turn it around.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We need to beat Florida State too - but obviously I agree that conference wins are more important at this point.

Yes the fanbase is unrealistic, to believe we should do better than 1-6 in conference or find 6 wins in a schedule that includes a 1-AA and 2 nonBCS schools.

Unrealistic to believe that an extension coming off a 5-7 season is unwarranted.

Unrealistic to believe that a coach could either use the QB he has, or recruit someone else to take over and not have to wait for "his" QB to play as a freshman in year 4.

If we were a top 40 program Holtz would be dumped absent a winning conference record and bowl this year. But we're not. So we'll keep showing up in dwindling numbers until we turn it around.

SanJay---Holtz beat Clemson remember. and yes dumping BJ is something he tried to do but he was left with a lot of holes in a bucket. Eveld didnt amount to much. This backup we got now also named Matt isn't showing much.

i think people hang this BE record against Skip with that 1-6 last year but come on....we lost 4 games on the LAST FRIGGEN PLAY

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just playing devil's advocate - one of the criticisms of Skip is that he doesn't have that "killer instinct" ... maybe if he did, which most "great" coaches seem to have, it wouldn't have had to come to down to the last friggin' play?

• Upvote 1

yea i know but did you watch the Cincy, Rutgers, Louisville, WVU, UConn and Miami game? I would say the one game out of those 6 that was on Skip was the Miami game.

the rest...players need to make plays. bottom line