• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You would think we are 5-7 already

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Holtz brought in Gunsby. Not even on the team anymore.

Holtz brought in Floyd and put Eveld on scholarship. He chose to put all his eggs in the Tyler Cameron basket last year.

He chose not to recruit a juco QB. Meanwhile, Brady hoke runs a pro system but wins with Denard Robinson. bill Snyder wins with a QB who passes worse than BJ.

Also, as I have pointed out in othe threads, we are playing boring losing football. People will watch high powered offenses in a loss, or great defenses in a loss. People don't care for dysfunctional offense with a dysfunctional defense while losing.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

sanjay just pointed out a comparison to Michigan and Brady Hoke with Denard Robinson and tried to make that relevant to USF.

ok...Michigan makes more $$$ off of 1 home game then USF makes all season.

then you go to K-State...not quite the 110K per game that michigan gets but i bet their Athletic Dept doesn't have to result to scare tactics to try and sell tickets

Sanjay..i love ya man. you are from SWFLA just like me...but come on. lets be real here. Skip is a good coach and one of the best we can afford. he is getting more BIG DONORS to buy into the program then Leavitt ever could. that is what we need right now

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

yea i know but did you watch the Cincy, Rutgers, Louisville, WVU, UConn and Miami game? I would say the one game out of those 6 that was on Skip was the Miami game.

the rest...players need to make plays. bottom line

The Cincy game is on Skip too. Better clock management and a TD instead of a FG at the end of the 1st half by our coaches may have turned the scoring in our favor.

I watched all of the other games except for the Rutgers games last year - remember i'm playing devil's advocate here - I mostly agree with your points on this thread, but I do believe it's not Skip's style to step on an opponent's throat.

Skip hasn't been in a position to step on a throat during a BCS game so how could you really say that?

Some still hate Leavitt for Grothe's injury vs CS in his SR year

Just playing devil's advocate - one of the criticisms of Skip is that he doesn't have that "killer instinct" ... maybe if he did, which most "great" coaches seem to have, it wouldn't have had to come to down to the last friggin' play?

While at ECU, he set the record for most points scored in a season at over 400, more that the 18 coaches that preceeded him. He also had wins over #17 VT and #8 WVU while he was HC. So to say he doesn't have a killer instinct doesn't jive.

It can be argued that ECU was playing over its head a bit against WVU and VT. They won 27-22 against VT in 2008 and 24-3 against WVU the same year - the WVU score mitigates your argument, but the VT doesn't. He probably had one of the better teams at CUSA, but the stats can be misleading there because they don't play defense in that conference.

Just ask yourself - who have we really pounded score-wise since 2010 that wasn't an FCS or non-BCS D1 team? Syracuse last year is probably the only example I can see.

Skip hasn't been in a position to step on a throat during a BCS game so how could you really say that?

Some still hate Leavitt for Grothe's injury vs CS in his SR year

He did pretty good against Cuse in 2011. I can give him that one. We won that one pretty handily.

K State has a program 100 plus years old, an icon for a coach and recruits in Texas. Compare USF to teams that started from scratch around the same time and weren't moving up from 1aa you have FAU, FIU. Compare to them.

Really? We're going to use the age of the program argument now? What does that have to do with anything?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'm not saying Skip is not a good face of the program. I am only talking about what happens on the field you do not need money to put an entertaining, if not winning, product on the field. Skip has better facilities and more money for staff. For worse results. He can turn it around and I hope he does.

I'll be very honest. After leavitt was fired, skip was my number one choice. I was thrilled when we got him. I hope he does well. I still have my 6 season tickets and still go or find people for those seats. I keep supporting but I can't blame people that do not.

As for southwest Florida, if you get back this way let's meet up for a drink. I don't think we disagree on the subject as much as it may appear.

sanjay just pointed out a comparison to Michigan and Brady Hoke with Denard Robinson and tried to make that relevant to USF.

ok...Michigan makes more $$$ off of 1 home game then USF makes all season.

then you go to K-State...not quite the 110K per game that michigan gets but i bet their Athletic Dept doesn't have to result to scare tactics to try and sell tickets

Sanjay..i love ya man. you are from SWFLA just like me...but come on. lets be real here. Skip is a good coach and one of the best we can afford. he is getting more BIG DONORS to buy into the program then Leavitt ever could. that is what we need right now

K State has a program 100 plus years old, an icon for a coach and recruits in Texas. Compare USF to teams that started from scratch around the same time and weren't moving up from 1aa you have FAU, FIU. Compare to them.

Really? We're going to use the age of the program argument now? What does that have to do with anything?

Apples to apples when you are talking about a program this young. If you are legal to drink alcohol, you are older than USF. To expect things it took decades or a century for other programs to achieve is ridiculous. USF is already so far ahead of its peer programs, its practically off the chart.

Sorry, thought you were talking about Skip, seems the thread diverted that way and may have begun to divert back towards the program in general.

As for coaches, they aren't all the same. They all aren't going to produce great results in the same amount of time. Look at Rich Rod at Michigan. Every situation is unique. And what is going on in Tampa has been around since Leavitt. Maybe USF should have hired Schiano. He has the Bucs totally turned around in one offseason.

i dont know.. the Bucs are 1-1 and USF is 2-1. seems like Skip is doing a better job....insert sarcasm