• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You would think we are 5-7 already

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Reality is starting to set in for me and in my opinion we are an average team. We need more impact players. On offense we only have A. Davis and BJ, unfortunately BJ is not a good quarterback. Our O line is a question mark, our running backs are ok, our TEs are ok, our WRs are deep but only average(good potential). On D we have Lattimore and Webster. no pass rush, ok safeties, above average linebackers, dbs are a question mark.

We need to find a couple of pass rushers and a great quarterback. That is it. If we find these key positions then we will compete for the conference title.

Look how bad Boise looks with out Kellen Moore...Auburn without Cam... Texas without Colt McCoy .. UF without Tebow

Careful what you wish for with Holtz. He might be our best case scenario at this point. Under Levitt our DEs got pressure at will.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

While this season can certainly be salvaged a lot of us see trends with no signs of change.

We have all realized that at this point in our history our program is going to make its mark by competing and winning a conference title. Therefore the only games that truely matter are Big East games. We have 1 BiG East win in the last 2 years, and have not won a Big East home game since 2010. Beating FSU would be a great source of pride but other than that it won't do much. I don't really see it landing us any better recruits, that did not happen when we beat them a couple of years ago.

We look at the changing landscape of college footbal and see ourselves on the outside looking in, this further makes the downturn hard to swallow.

I look at the other schools that play in off campus NFL stadiums and see that they are strugling with attendance and game day experience. It appears that this model does not work, just like multipurpose stadiums out in the suburbs which are now extinct. We now have the only public FBS school in the state without an OCS. We've seen what our neighbors in Orlando have done, and while we may not want their stadium we collectively agree that their atmosphere is much better for college football. I do not want to be surpassed by UCF. We are terrible at home the last couple of years, we have no home field advantage, we essentially play 6-7 neutral site games a year. FSU game could almost be considered neutral site for all intensive purposes. I would be embarassed to take recruits to games at RJS, when the crowds a spread out all over the stadium, and there is no engagement.

I personally worry that USF is lacking a clear vision and strategy for the future, and once they put one into place we will have fallen further behind other schools in this state.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we played poorly in nevada and were lucky too win

we played terrible against rutgers

usf has reason to worry and be concerned

5-7 is a real possibility

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193

we played poorly in nevada and were lucky too win

we played terrible against rutgers

usf has reason to worry and be concerned

5-7 is a real possibility

+1000000000000

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I think a lot of people are getting down on the team because of the performance against RU. The defense played off. BJ couldn't make short passes because our O-line couldn't handle the blitz and he was throwing on the run alot. Our run game is much worse than I thought it was to this point.

Key points to think about though are:

Rutgers has 3 guys that are over 6'6" that they were targeting. No way we can blitz affectively with that size. We had to play off and leave it to the D-Line which got tired out through the 3rd quarter because they were on the field for the first 7 mins.

We rely on young players at a lot of key positions: Returner/Wide Reciever/O-Line/Some D-Line

-because of that we're going to have a lot of stupid mistakes(fumbling the ball as they go out of bounds on a return)

BJ can't throw the short to intermediate pass with any accuracy.

-the most disappointing aspect of the season and something I didn't expect. It is easy to blitz a QB that can't throw to a checkdown or a hot route. We have the talent at WR and TE but we can't get the ball to them in space because BJ can't get it to them.

Someone brought up the 20 seconds to go in the first half with two timeouts situation. How did BJ do with 2 mins to go on the 40 against rutgers? Basically how he did against WVU, UofF, and many other teams. He has no accuracy and if I was Skip I wouldn't trust him either.

All that said. I never truly thought we were going to when this game anyways. Coming back from nevada practicing with no sleep on sunday and then going at it on a thursday night against a top 3 big east team is pretty tough. I'm proud of the way the defense played. I wish we could have gotten some interceptions but they had a game plan and the executed it against Rutgers. Remember 10 of their points were of turnovers and it could have easily been 9-0 going into the half if BJ doesn't throw that interception.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I think a lot of people are getting down on the team because of the performance against RU. The defense played off. BJ couldn't make short passes because our O-line couldn't handle the blitz and he was throwing on the run alot. Our run game is much worse than I thought it was to this point.

Rutgers has 3 guys that are over 6'6" that they were targeting. No way we can blitz affectively with that size. We had to play off and leave it to the D-Line which got tired out through the 3rd quarter because they were on the field for the first 7 mins.

We rely on young players at a lot of key positions: Returner/Wide Reciever/O-Line/Some D-Line

-because of that we're going to have a lot of stupid mistakes(fumbling the ball as they go out of bounds on a return)

-the most disappointing aspect of the season and something I didn't expect. It is easy to blitz a QB that can't throw to a checkdown or a hot route. We have the talent at WR and TE but we can't get the ball to them in space because BJ can't get it to them.

Someone brought up the 20 seconds to go in the first half with two timeouts situation. How did BJ do with 2 mins to go on the 40 against rutgers? Basically how he did against WVU, UofF, and many other teams. He has no accuracy and if I was Skip I wouldn't trust him either.

All that said. I never truly thought we were going to when this game anyways. Coming back from nevada practicing with no sleep on sunday and then going at it on a thursday night against a top 3 big east team is pretty tough. I'm proud of the way the defense played. I wish we could have gotten some interceptions but they had a game plan and the executed it against Rutgers. Remember 10 of their points were of turnovers and it could have easily been 9-0 going into the half if BJ doesn't throw that interception.

I was reading this and I thought:

Bottom line, if we play mistake free football and our opponent turns over the ball enough (whether we force it or they just have a bad day) we win. Otherwise, we lose. If we play mistake free, we beat RU. Same with last year and the year before.

It's just not that often that we play mistake free.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  476

I was reading this and I thought:

Bottom line, if we play mistake free football and our opponent turns over the ball enough (whether we force it or they just have a bad day) we win. Otherwise, we lose. If we play mistake free, we beat RU. Same with last year and the year before.

It's just not that often that we play mistake free.

Agreed this is the only way we beat Notre Dame last year. Turnovers.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

All that said. I never truly thought we were going to when this game anyways. Coming back from nevada practicing with no sleep on sunday and then going at it on a thursday night against a top 3 big east team is pretty tough.

I've seen alot of people make this excuse, but realistically it just doesn't hold water. We didn't play a late game out west, we played a game that was 3:30 Eastern Time. The game got done around 7PM our time, and even if they didn't take off till around 10PM our time, they still should have gotten in sometime around 1AM. Is this any different than if we were playing a night game on Saturday at basically any other Big East team?

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  476

Didn't get back in to campus until around 4 am.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

All that said. I never truly thought we were going to when this game anyways. Coming back from nevada practicing with no sleep on sunday and then going at it on a thursday night against a top 3 big east team is pretty tough.

I've seen alot of people make this excuse, but realistically it just doesn't hold water. We didn't play a late game out west, we played a game that was 3:30 Eastern Time. The game got done around 7PM our time, and even if they didn't take off till around 10PM our time, they still should have gotten in sometime around 1AM. Is this any different than if we were playing a night game on Saturday at basically any other Big East team?

Uhhhhh, the team got home at 4:00am eastern time.