• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#PetrinoForUSF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

I would take Petrino in a second.....

Not gonna happen as Skippy has (now many years left) on his contract?.....

Dougie will not buy him out. We are stuck with him.

Hope it gets better.....

JMHO,

Ty

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Point being: winning is all that matters. Yes Petrino is a scum bag, but he wins. After two seasons no one would care and be screaming for Woolard to throw 6 million at him to make sure he never left.

I would take Petrino in a second.....

Not gonna happen as Skippy has (now many years left) on his contract?.....

Dougie will not buy him out. We are stuck with him.

Hope it gets better.....

JMHO,

Ty

Oh we're definitely not buying Skip out. This is all just hypothetical dreaming.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I'd like to look at an offensive or defensive line coach or special teams coach, who has been on a winning/successful staff in the NFL for years. not sure if the right guy is out there, but that might be a good place to look too.

The Saints staff or Patriots staff or Giants staff may be a good place to start. Solid, detail oriented staffs with anal head coaches.

'niners have good LB's.. i wonder who their coach is

Will never happen, but I'd take the Jim back in a heart beat (never really wanted to see him go in the first place). Would love to see what he could do recruiting wise with the new facilities and extra money for assistants.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Everyone says that DW will stick with him, but remember, Doug has $$ riding on the success of the program too. Failure hurts his wallet and may prompt him to make changes.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

I'm aware of his college record and I usually don't have a problem when it comes to overlooking stuff to win but that is one of the few things I can't overlook ...

He went to the Falcons the year they lost Vick. The guys an offensive savant. He had no chance at recovering in Atlanta without Vick. Starting 3-10 he was going to get canned that year or the year after (probably not even an entire season into the second season). He took a great job for tons of money at Arkansas. He walked into a bear trap in Atlanta.

LOL ... You're kidding right? Atlanta went 11-5 the very next year and hasn't had a losing season since. Petrino's a chickenshit douchebag for leaving like he did ...

Petrino didn't see Matt Ryan falling in his lap. Hind sight is 20-20. Maybe he had a chance, but how many teams go 3-10 one year and go 11-5 the next? It just doesn't happen. He had no reason to believe that the Falcons didn't just turn into the Lions.

No one on earth thought Atlanta was going to be any good at the beginning of that year (asinine Falcons homers, aside).

He wasn't even there a full year!! ... and if even if you don't think you're good enough to turn things around, you don't walk out on your team before the end of the season.

Everyone says that DW will stick with him, but remember, Doug has $$ riding on the success of the program too. Failure hurts his wallet and may prompt him to make changes.

It would cost to much to get rid of him. Even if he goes 2-10 this year, he'll be back. If he went 2-10 next year too, then maybe.

I hope he can turn it around, but I'm starting to think that I hope there's a Nick Saban type NFL failure sitting out there we could steal. We just need Pete Carrol to hold on in Seattle for 2 more seasons.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Wait, Wasnt it just a couple of years ago everyone was telling me that CSH was THE guy to take the Bulls to the next level? That we HAD to get rid of CJL, so we could move forward? And as soon as the next guy who comes in you all will be telling me how HE is going to take us to the next level, until he loses that is.

Bring back CJL.

• Upvote 1

Petrino didn't see Matt Ryan falling in his lap. Hind sight is 20-20. Maybe he had a chance, but how many teams go 3-10 one year and go 11-5 the next? It just doesn't happen. He had no reason to believe that the Falcons didn't just turn into the Lions.

No one on earth thought Atlanta was going to be any good at the beginning of that year (asinine Falcons homers, aside).

He wasn't even there a full year!! ... and if even if you don't think you're good enough to turn things around, you don't walk out on your team before the end of the season.

I'd still take him in a heart beat, even if it meant the new $10 million a year in the TV deal went exclusevly into paying Skip Holtz and Bobby Petrino. I'd even let Petrino live in a sorority house and pay to have unqualified female assistants.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Wait, Wasnt it just a couple of years ago everyone was telling me that CSH was THE guy to take the Bulls to the next level? That we HAD to get rid of CJL, so we could move forward? And as soon as the next guy who comes in you all will be telling me how HE is going to take us to the next level, until he loses that is.

Bring back CJL.

This