• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#PetrinoForUSF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Petrino's a **** ... You don't quit on your team, for any reason.

nvm... table didn't come out right.

Dudes college record speaks for itelf.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

I'd like to look at an offensive or defensive line coach or special teams coach, who has been on a winning/successful staff in the NFL for years. not sure if the right guy is out there, but that might be a good place to look too.

The Saints staff or Patriots staff or Giants staff may be a good place to start. Solid, detail oriented staffs with anal head coaches.

'niners have good LB's.. i wonder who their coach is

I'd rather have Nutt.

Now there's some outside the box thinking. I'd take Nutt. He knows how to recruit at a disadvantaged program.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Petrino's a **** ... You don't quit on your team, for any reason.

nvm... table didn't come out right.

Dudes college record speaks for itelf.

I'm aware of his college record and I usually don't have a problem when it comes to overlooking stuff to win but that is one of the few things I can't overlook ...

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Skip will be here until his contract extension runs out... or until he allows UCF to beat us twice... which ever happens first. How long was his contract extension for??

Petrino seems like a back stabbing douche bag to me... I would rather have a Tressell or a Tommy Bowden... how about that big fat guy from Kansas?

At this point I would LOVE to have Leavitt back... at least he had some passion... Skip is too soft for me, and he does not make players accountable. No way in hell would ole Jimbo have allowed BJD to remain the QB given his inconsistent passing game.

Edited by Bubba Bull

I'm aware of his college record and I usually don't have a problem when it comes to overlooking stuff to win but that is one of the few things I can't overlook ...

He went to the Falcons the year they lost Vick. The guys an offensive savant. He had no chance at recovering in Atlanta without Vick. Starting 3-10 he was going to get canned that year or the year after (probably not even an entire season into the second season). He took a great job for tons of money at Arkansas. He walked into a bear trap in Atlanta.

Skip will be here until his contract extension runs out... or until he allows UCF to beat us twice... which ever happens first. How long was his contract extension for??

Petrino seems like a back stabbing douche bag to me... I would rather have a Tressell or a Tommy Bowden... how about that big fat guy from Kansas?

I would renounce my USF fandom. That guy has done absolutely nothing at the college level.

Sure Petrino would probably walk out on us in three years, but at least we'd be 11 or 12-1 and in the 4 team playoff for one glorious season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

He went to the Falcons the year they lost Vick. The guys an offensive savant. He had no chance at recovering in Atlanta without Vick. Starting 3-10 he was going to get canned that year or the year after (probably not even an entire season into the second season). He took a great job for tons of money at Arkansas. He walked into a bear trap in Atlanta.

LOL ... You're kidding right? Atlanta went 11-5 the very next year and hasn't had a losing season since. Petrino's a chickenshit douchebag for leaving like he did ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

He would not have gotten canned after that year, or the year after. Arthur Blank doesn't operate that way. The Michael Vick thing did happen after he was hired, but he should at least have manned up and finished out the season with the Falcons before taking the job at Arkansas. He quit on his team. It's inexcusable.

LOL ... You're kidding right? Atlanta went 11-5 the very next year and hasn't had a losing season since. Petrino's a chickenshit douchebag for leaving like he did ...

Petrino didn't see Matt Ryan falling in his lap. Hind sight is 20-20. Maybe he had a chance, but how many teams go 3-10 one year and go 11-5 the next? It just doesn't happen. He had no reason to believe that the Falcons didn't just turn into the Lions.

No one on earth thought Atlanta was going to be any good at the beginning of that year (asinine Falcons homers, aside).