• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#PetrinoForUSF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Holtz has been disappointing, but I am curious to see how he does once he has his own QB.

this. Fitch needs to gtfo before he ruins AW too though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Holtz has been disappointing, but I am curious to see how he does once he has his own QB.

Do we expect to see anything different in our offensive play calling next year with Asianti (sp?). Fitch has one play book and, by God, you will run those plays. Peyton Manning or Cam Newton? Doesn't matter, we are running these plays no matter the skill set of the QB.

I just don't see any difference next year if we have the same off. coordinator.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Do we expect to see anything different in our offensive play calling next year with Asianti (sp?). Fitch has one play book and, by God, you will run those plays. Peyton Manning or Cam Newton? Doesn't matter, we are running these plays no matter the skill set of the QB.

this. Why oh why is he still here? Even my fiancee, who knows about football but certainly doesnt know playbooks or schemes asks "Why do we keep running the ball the same way if it hasnt worked at all?"

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

this. Why oh why is he still here? Even my fiancee, who knows about football but certainly doesnt know playbooks or schemes asks "Why do we keep running the ball the same way if it hasnt worked at all?"

I think we all in agree that Fitch sucks and needs to go. I don't ever see it happening though. Holtz might be a good coach for all we know and is being held back by his coordinators. He needs to man up and fire people if they don't get the job done. If he can't do that then he too needs to pack his **** and go.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

holtz has been using BJ as his scapegoat for 2+ years now.

if he doesn't have the guy to run his system on the roster then please change the **** system to fit the guy you do have. that's what good coaches do.

everyone is expecting miracles from a kid that has played QB for 1+years at the high school level. I'm not sure it's realistic to think he will come in a turn this offense around.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

if he doesn't have the guy to run his system on the roster then please change the **** system to fit the guy you do have. that's what good coaches do.

Hard to disagree with this. Urban Meyer did it for Chris Leak.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

good example. one of many

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

And Tim Tebow

Those offenses on those National Championship squads couldn't have been more different.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

In college you have to put the players you have in position to succeed. You can't pick up fee agents to fit your system, you're getting untested commodities out of high school. The coach is supposed to figure out how to make everything fit.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

And Tim Tebow

Those offenses on those National Championship squads couldn't have been more different.

Tebow was exactly the perfect QB for the offense Urban wanted to run. Urban once said that if they hadn't gotten Tebow to sign with UF that it would have set the program back decades. Probably some hyperbole there but probably some truth there too.