• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#PetrinoForUSF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I've been wanting to hire Tressel since he got canned at OSU. 5 year show cause would mean he has 3 years after this season left right?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I've been wanting to hire Tressel since he got canned at OSU. 5 year show cause would mean he has 3 years after this season left right?

My fear withTressel was he was at OSU so long does he know how to recruit with a short hand? USF is no Ohio State.

Petrino, although a scum bag, he built Louisville into a national contender while they were in CUSA. The guy is a football savant.

No thanks on Petrino. Good coach, but will only be here for 3 years at most and then leave during the season or before the bowl game. Pass

Yeah, because having a coach build the team well enough to leave after three seasons would be just terrible. Petrino just wants the money. Throw the 4 million a year at him after a BCS season. He might stay.

That would be a lot better than a 9-3 / 8-4 program turning into a 5-7 program and keeping a coach for 10 years...

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Jim Tressell

Houston Nutt

Jim Leavitt

Randy Edsall (after this year)

Randy Edsall???? have you seen the mess at Maryland?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Clearly every top coach in the country would want to come here. Especially working with the budget we have...and a small fanbase that runs a coach out after 3 years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Clearly every top coach in the country would want to come here. Especially working with the budget we have...and a small fanbase that runs a coach out after 3 years.

With the new TV contract money coming in (it wont be world beating, but it should be about $10 million more than we were getting per year). Take half of that and buy a proven BCS coach with gobs of experience.

Why pay a Skip Holtz $2 million a year, when a Bobby Petrino made $4 million at Arkansas? USF should be able to swing it with the new TV money.

And just to clarify, I know this isn't going to happen. I'm just venting. If we end up 5-2 in the Big East, Skip is a hero. #FansBeingFans

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I'd like to look at an offensive or defensive line coach or special teams coach, who has been on a winning/successful staff in the NFL for years. not sure if the right guy is out there, but that might be a good place to look too.

The Saints staff or Patriots staff or Giants staff may be a good place to start. Solid, detail oriented staffs with anal head coaches.

Edited by FatDaddyBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Petrino's a **** ... You don't quit on your team, for any reason.