• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#PetrinoForUSF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

if he doesn't have the guy to run his system on the roster then please change the **** system to fit the guy you do have. that's what good coaches do.

Hard to disagree with this. Urban Meyer did it for Chris Leak.

Um, the system looks completely different this year than last, because our personnel is completely different. Still have to have someone that can execute whatever it is you are tryiing to do. Coach Fitch isn't allowed to play QB anymore.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I can't forget that Petrino quit on the Falcons. Unexcusable and pitiful. Never want him on this team

Oh, just like how Nick Saban did with the Dolphins?

Just like how Saban did?? Far from it. I don't care for Saban but he handled the similar situation a lot better than the spineless weasel Petrino did ...

Have to agree with Triple here. Shame he is a douche b/c he is a good coach and is good at improving programs.

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Petrino is too much of a scumbag. Gotta be a good DC or OC from SEC or Big12 looking to move up after this year

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

I can't forget that Petrino quit on the Falcons. Unexcusable and pitiful. Never want him on this team

Just like how Saban did?? Far from it. I don't care for Saban but he handled the similar situation a lot better than the spineless weasel Petrino did ...

Have to agree with Triple here. Shame he is a douche b/c he is a good coach and is good at improving programs.

Forgot to post Saban's quotes:

“Well, honesty and integrity is an important part of our character, my character,†Saban said. “Those are words that we use all the time. I think that in an effort to protect our team at Miami — because I had not talked to Alabama and did not talk to them until the season ended — I express that (character is important) to (Alabama) through my agent and said it was up to them whether they wanted to wait and that I would not make any promises. I would talk to them then, [and] I would only reassess my circumstances and our situation as a family at the end of the year.

“But I kept getting asked about this over and over and over, and in trying to defuse the interest and leave the focus on our team in Miami (long pause) . . . I had a responsibility and obligation to the players on that team, the coaches on the staff, and I didn’t want that to be the focus of attention.

“So would I manage it differently? Absolutely. I would still have the same integrity for our team, but I just would not answer any questions relative to Alabama. . . . I do apologize for any professional mishandling that might have occurred.â€

nick-saban-apologizes-for-professional-mishandling-when-leaving-dolphins

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Forgot to post Saban's quotes:

“Well, honesty and integrity is an important part of our character, my character,†Saban said. “Those are words that we use all the time. I think that in an effort to protect our team at Miami — because I had not talked to Alabama and did not talk to them until the season ended — I express that (character is important) to (Alabama) through my agent and said it was up to them whether they wanted to wait and that I would not make any promises. I would talk to them then, [and] I would only reassess my circumstances and our situation as a family at the end of the year.

“But I kept getting asked about this over and over and over, and in trying to defuse the interest and leave the focus on our team in Miami (long pause) . . . I had a responsibility and obligation to the players on that team, the coaches on the staff, and I didn’t want that to be the focus of attention.

“So would I manage it differently? Absolutely. I would still have the same integrity for our team, but I just would not answer any questions relative to Alabama. . . . I do apologize for any professional mishandling that might have occurred.â€

nick-saban-apologizes-for-professional-mishandling-when-leaving-dolphins

Who cares? No one

It's not like Petrino is walking out on anyone now. He didn't quit from Arkansas. He's fine

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

He didn't quit from Arkansas. He's fine

Yeah, he got fired for lying to police, his team, and his boss. And probably was guilty of hiring someone just because he was sleeping with her. Much better than walking out of a contract. There is nothing about Bobby Petrino that is honest, honorable or trustworthy. The guy is a scum bag.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'd take Petrino in a second. First of all, after what he has done, he isn't commanding $4 mil in his first year back.

I'm not concerned about him leaving Atlanta. Piss poor that he did it before the end of the season.

You can put a personal conduct clause in his contract and keep him on a short leash. The guy may be an *******, but I doubt he is not stupid enough to understand that this would be his last chance to redeem himself and reputation. Besides, the only way he is bolting early is if he shows success. We can live with that.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

I like to have a defensive mind head coach. Defense wins the game. I wonder who is Alabama or LSU's DC? I have no doubt that they can recruit well like Louisville head coach Charlie Strong.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971

Petrino might be a good fit for UCiF post-O'Liar. Chizik may also become available. Stay tuned. GB!