• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tonight is PROOF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

That our fanbase is awful.

You think USC never had a losing year. You think ND never had a losing year. You think the Gators never had a losing year. You think Alabama never had a losing year.

yet we are in our 16th year, 11th in d-1 and our fanbase some how automatically thinks we are deserving of BCS bowls every year.

WE ARE 2-1. We were in this game with 2:31 left even after terrible mistakes against the best Defense in the Big East. Yet everyone expects BJ Daniels to be the best QB in the Country. He is what he is. And that is an athletic guy with a big arm but not a QB. Stop losing your hat. We will still have a winning year. Andre Davis is the best WR we have ever had. Our D-Line is undersized and soft.

Lets beat Ball St.

Well there were *actually* people (a small minority, granted) on this board arguing that it was ridiculous to not expect the team to go undefeated. Someone ACTUALLY said that. Clearly there are some real idiots here. Thankfully, I think they are a very small minority, they just also happen to be the loudest, most obnoxious, and most attention-starved.

Well, there's undefeated and there's playing/coaching like ****. Subtle difference, maybe, but a difference nonetheless.

Also, I don't think as fans (many of whom have invested money and time in the program) it's unreasonable to want/expect consistency in play and some leadership and skill from our upper classman. I mean, Jeebus, if we're loaded with upper classman now, what are we going to look like in a rebuilding year?

Having said that, Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Well, we were 5-7 last year, 1-6 in Big East and missed a bowl game...

This is not exactly a stellar start....I see another 2-5 Big East campaign (beating Temple and Syracuse)

Neither one of those, especially Syracuse, will be easy games so I don't know why you would count them as a win. After Nevada (won by the grace of God) and Rutgers, I can't really say we will win another game beyond Ball State (and even that isn't a given). This team (coaches and players) are trying their best to take USF off the college football map. Jim Leavitt and previous players put us there and Skip and his crew are trying to have us removed. Skip's a huckster, like Lou, except without the coaching demeaner and acumen. We're f'd and well have many more losses before he is run out of town.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Looking like a long year

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I like how everyone forgets Leavitt went 16-10 and 5-9 in conference his last two years here. With losses similar to this.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I like how everyone forgets Leavitt went 16-10 and 5-9 in conference his last two years here. With losses similar to this.

this. Not liking Holtz as a coach is fine, but wanting Leavitt back? gtfo

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Holtz has nearly DOUBLE the $$$ to pay his assistants. He himself is getting paid a lot more than Leavitt. The program was progressing under Leavitt, its regressing under Holtz.

The Leavitt advantage to me was that he truly had passion for USF and cared about this program. I don't see that with Skippy.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Holtz has nearly DOUBLE the $$$ to pay his assistants. He himself is getting paid a lot more than Leavitt. The program was progressing under Leavitt, its regressing under Holtz.

The Leavitt advantage to me was that he truly had passion for USF and cared about this program. I don't see that with Skippy.

So because he isnt a loose cannon, he doesnt have any passion for the program? Got it. The program wasnt progressing under Leavitt that much. It had progressed, then plateaued. Maybe he would have gotten through it after a year or two, but there is no way of knowing that. I am willing to give Holtz another shot with AW. Our WR corps with Holtz is better than it ever was with CJL. I thought the running game was better but maybe I am wrong. It remains to be seen.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

Tampa's PLUSES are also it's negatives. The area is filled with transients with loyalties to other cities and teams; whether it be from MacDill, USF, or the turist just passing through. Couple that with the millions of things to do for fun, and you have the poor attendance.

Ask the Bucs & Rays... Same crap, different team. Ther Bucs needed wins and big named stars to fill the seats - Sapp, Brooks, Alstott, etc. The Bulls need the same + their own (on-campus) stadium.

Madden once said "winning is a good deodorant." Well losing is a great repellant for blue chips, assistants, and fans. ESPN is really trying to cram USF football down the throats of the general public and sell USF football as a worth-while product, BUT USF IS NOT DOING IT"S PART! The bulls had a NATIONAL audiance Thursday night and laid a big fat egg. Holtz's name was figured to be a draw and it was until he showed and continues to show HE CAN'T WIN AT THIS LEVEL! There were mistakes made out there that wreaks of poor coaching and disipline!

Edited by BuccarooBull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So because he isnt a loose cannon, he doesnt have any passion for the program? Got it. The program wasnt progressing under Leavitt that much. It had progressed, then plateaued. Maybe he would have gotten through it after a year or two, but there is no way of knowing that. I am willing to give Holtz another shot with AW. Our WR corps with Holtz is better than it ever was with CJL. I thought the running game was better but maybe I am wrong. It remains to be seen.

I'm not arguing in favor of leavitt but Holtz shouldn't have to have AW to prove he is a good coach. a good coach adapts his system to the talent he has and Bj will end up being the all time yardage leader in big east. not sure our wide receivers are all that much better either. I don't consider Hopkins and T rex to be anywhere near as good as some of the guys from the past. running game isn't even close. especially when you consider hall. heck brian fisher was head and shoulder better that what we see under Holtz.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The program was progressing under Leavitt

This is revisionist history at its finest.