• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Lets say FSU, Clemson, UL and Miami to Big 12

Then VT and NC State to SEC

What happens to BE / ACC?

Most likely a conference is born from the remaining BE originals, the ACC leftovers and a couple of the new BE schools. Rutgers looks like a possibility to go the B1G.

I expect we will be in some conference with Pitt and Syracuse again very soon. Maybe even before we play a season with them in a different conference.

So much for all those "unfounded rumors". Eat this McMurphy.

Not to defend the BM but it looks like the rumors were unfounded .... until the Warchant interview with Haggard.

Very doubtful. Spetman was saying what you are supposed to say when you have a contract with a conference. Informal discussions were already underway, but they aren't supposed to say anything until the school says they are leaving. Otherwise you get into lawsuit scenarios like the BE and WVU.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

My personal opinion is that the Big East could be stabilized if it made a splash hire with some balls at Commish and then a sweet TV contract was negotiated that was at least as good, if not much better, than the ACC or other conferences. It is theoretically possible, but without those elements of stability, we're in serious limbo in the meantime. It sure would be nice to outperform the ACC on income via open-market negotiations and subsequently outperform the tar out of them on the field. A beautiful pipe dream for now... but within the realm of possibility.

Frankly, I'd rather see all this happen publicly, and more quickly.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Lets say FSU, Clemson, UL and Miami to Big 12

Then VT and NC State to SEC

What happens to BE / ACC?

That scenario could never happen.... VTech can't split from Virginia and likewise, NCSU will never go anywhere without UNC, Wake and Duke.

True. I think it more likely that the SEC would go for either VT and Virginia OR NC State and UNC. They mainly would do it out of expediency. Either group does not step on the toes of current members, though I'd guess South Carolina would prefer they go for the Virginia teams so the Gamecocks could be the only Carolina team in the SEC.

As for the Big XII, I'm not sure they'd take more than two right now. I think it'd either be 2 or 6, nothing in between. The only reason they'd expand is to snag FSU.

I also think we'd have a strong chance to get into the ACC if FSU leaves. Miami doesn't command the kind of TV ratings or attention it once did. A second team from Florida would be good for the ACC. The question would be if they lose four if they'd like to go back to just 12, 14, or just go crazy and up it to 16.

If they go to 14 after losing VT, Virginia, Clemson, and FSU then taking the remaining Big East members on the coast makes sense: USF, Rutgers, UConn, UCF. As for Cincy and Louisville, they certainly could be added if the ACC desires to basically change what they define as the Atlantic coast, but both could add to the league in football and basketball. Of course, Navy could get an invite as part of this and they would fit in quite nicely. So would Army, if they'd join. So that could be the 16 team league.

Can't blame FSU if they're interested. I think the BXII is only interested because FSU is involved. FSU can pretty much pick whoever it is they wish to take with them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Of course, the only downside there is that Mousetown school to the East benefits from it all too...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

FSU is so gone to B12, it would mean an additional yearly payout to the school of at least $10MM. With their Athletics Dept bleeding money, how would they not take that?

20 million dollar buy out. Top football program of the league if they stay. If they move, they're Texas' *****.

That logic is absurd. Florida State has nothing to fear in Texas. I'm sure LSU, Auburn, Florida, etc wish they could get out of the SEC so they wouldn't have to fight with Alabama for the championship...

In the politics of college football and the Big XII they certainly have a ton to fear.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

So much for all those "unfounded rumors". Eat this McMurphy.

Not to defend the BM but it looks like the rumors were unfounded .... until the Warchant interview with Haggard.

Really have to disagree, trip. The reason the rumors were floating was because of what Haggard came out and said publicly today. FSU is fed up with the ACC, a whole lot of people know that and hence, unsourced rumors. Just because it's a rumor doesn't mean it's wrong. BMM was just flat wrong on this one.His sources are BE and he was just spitballing the FSU/B12 stuff. He missed this one by a country mile.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

"No"

-Pitt & 'Cuse

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Rats in the ACC. Please secure life vests in preparation for abandoning ship.