• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I have done a lot of business in South Carolina and I have yet to find "JUST A" USC fan or Clemson fan... most like both....

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I have done a lot of business in South Carolina and I have yet to find "JUST A" USC fan or Clemson fan... most like both....

Nationwide numbers are more important from a TV perspective.

THAT is yesterday's news, LOL

But you may be right, that article links to a map at commoncensus, and it LOOKs like Clemson has 401 vs. FSU at 306 (hard to tell since it won't zoom without crashing right now)

http://www.commoncen...pot.php?sport=5

In reality each network is going to measure things a bit differently, as they probably need different demographics to fill their particular portfolio. But by and large, Clemson is a pretty darn good pick once you get past the Texas and Oklahomas of the world. FSU might be on the same stage, but I'm fairly certain VaTech would lag behind.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

Coach Strong just tweeted that " big news for the university about to happen"

He does that whenever we get a new commit from a recruit. It's unfortunately not conference related.

Edited by HarveyGlass

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

There are only 4-6 schools worth looking into:

1. Notre Dame- are they finally ready to join a conference?

2. UCONN- bad blood with BC. Starting dialogue to resolve the issues caused by the 2005 lawsuit

3.USF- FL market, upgraded facilities. Some recent success in BBAll. ( made the NIT and NCAA 2 out of the last 3 years.)

4. Cincy- GReat tradition. Horrible facilities. they do have access to the Bengals facility if their current stadium is deemed too small.

5. Rutgers- I think this program has peaked, but strager things have happened when additional money is pupmed into it.

6. An upper tier CUSA team like ECu and Southen Miss- doubtful, or Houston, Memphis, I would think Houston is the front runner here.

the Acc's options are extremely limited. They need a FB presence and our record vs ACC teams shows we are already competitive in this league. I personally think it is a downgreade in competition for us, but a huge upgrade in $$ resources and perception. $$ talks and that is the reality.

Also keep in mind that the ACC has issues with how much "catring" is done to the BB powerhouses. the infighting is not as bad as the BE but the issue still exists here.

It is a pretty big issue with the BB powers. I think the only difference is they don't have any BB only schools. If we move to the ACC all we have done is move from one BB conference to another for maybe more money at the end.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013

http://floridastate....asp?CID=1364755

Looks like FSU will see what the Big 12 has to offer

"How do you not look into that option," asked Haggard. "On behalf of the Board of Trustees I can say that unanimously we would be in favor of seeing what the Big 12 might have to offer. We have to do what is in Florida State's best interest."

Edited by MechanicalBull

Interesting. There was the thought that if anyone would push a move to the Big 12, it would be Haggard.

So the Big East isn't the only conference that has an ongoing battle between football and basketball schools?