• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Dan Wetzel, of Yahoo Sports says B12 interested...

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/5/12/3016552/big-12-expansion-fsu-florida-state-acc

Only reason I give a darn is the slight, tiny, miniscule, unfounded, highly unlikely chance that USF could replace FSU in the ACC... the epic upgrade in opponents, bowls, and association would be enough of a boost for USF that it is worth sipping just a little Kool-Aid in hopes that the meteoric rise of USF football could continue in overall terms.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/5/12/3016552/big-12-expansion-fsu-florida-state-acc

Only reason I give a darn is the slight, tiny, miniscule, unfounded, highly unlikely chance that USF could replace FSU in the ACC... the epic upgrade in opponents, bowls, and association would be enough of a boost for USF that it is worth sipping just a little Kool-Aid in hopes that the meteoric rise of USF football could continue in overall terms.

I'm smelling that

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

http://www.sbnation....orida-state-acc

I would not consider it an epic upgrade in the quality of opponents. It's a wash, or the Big East is currently better, especially if you take out FSU and maybe Clemson.

It is an upgrade in prestige, and perceived upgrade of conference. Mostly, we'd probably get more money though not a lot more.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Lets say FSU, Clemson, UL and Miami to Big 12

Then VT and NC State to SEC

What happens to BE / ACC?

http://www.sbnation....orida-state-acc

I would not consider it an epic upgrade in the quality of opponents. It's a wash, or the Big East is currently better, especially if you take out FSU and maybe Clemson.

It is an upgrade in prestige, and perceived upgrade of conference. Mostly, we'd probably get more money though not a lot more.

You can easily argue that on the field that a few of the newcomers coupled with a few of the leftovers can hold their own against a majority of the teams in the other major conferences. Certainly, I don't feel the ACC should be considered in the same league of difficulty and prestige as a few of the other major conferences (though the national media seems to like referring to it like it is when comparing it to the BE), but if we were playing VaTech, Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech, etc year in and year out, I think the national perception would be that our opponents are upgraded compared with our current digs. You're right, facilities, tradition, fan base size, etc shouldn't objectively cause the ACC teams to be considered better on the field. I'm just working with the reality of perception here. And I think that in that reality, USF in the ACC would be considered to have upgraded opponents despite the recent successes of its leftover and incoming members.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Lets say FSU, Clemson, UL and Miami to Big 12

Then VT and NC State to SEC

What happens to BE / ACC?

That scenario could never happen.... VTech can't split from Virginia and likewise, NCSU will never go anywhere without UNC, Wake and Duke.

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

If USF wins the Big East including beat FSU, SU, and Pitt, ACC will consider us.

All these moves, at this point in time, have very little to do with on the field accomplishments ...

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

So much for all those "unfounded rumors". Eat this McMurphy.

Not to defend the BM but it looks like the rumors were unfounded .... until the Warchant interview with Haggard.