• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Sometimes you want pulled pork and sometimes you want black beens and rice

And sometimes what you wind up with is a bunch of HAM. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

There are only 4-6 schools worth looking into:

1. Notre Dame- are they finally ready to join a conference?

2. UCONN- bad blood with BC. Starting dialogue to resolve the issues caused by the 2005 lawsuit

3.USF- FL market, upgraded facilities. Some recent success in BBAll. ( made the NIT and NCAA 2 out of the last 3 years.)

4. Cincy- GReat tradition. Horrible facilities. they do have access to the Bengals facility if their current stadium is deemed too small.

5. Rutgers- I think this program has peaked, but strager things have happened when additional money is pupmed into it.

6. An upper tier CUSA team like ECu and Southen Miss- doubtful, or Houston, Memphis, I would think Houston is the front runner here.

the Acc's options are extremely limited. They need a FB presence and our record vs ACC teams shows we are already competitive in this league. I personally think it is a downgreade in competition for us, but a huge upgrade in $$ resources and perception. $$ talks and that is the reality.

Also keep in mind that the ACC has issues with how much "catring" is done to the BB powerhouses. the infighting is not as bad as the BE but the issue still exists here.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

There are only 4-6 schools worth looking into:

1. Notre Dame- are they finally ready to join a conference?

2. UCONN- bad blood with BC. Starting dialogue to resolve the issues caused by the 2005 lawsuit

3.USF- FL market, upgraded facilities. Some recent success in BBAll. ( made the NIT and NCAA 2 out of the last 3 years.)

4. Cincy- GReat tradition. Horrible facilities. they do have access to the Bengals facility if their current stadium is deemed too small.

5. Rutgers- I think this program has peaked, but strager things have happened when additional money is pupmed into it.

6. An upper tier CUSA team like ECu and Southen Miss- doubtful, or Houston, Memphis, I would think Houston is the front runner here.

the Acc's options are extremely limited. They need a FB presence and our record vs ACC teams shows we are already competitive in this league. I personally think it is a downgreade in competition for us, but a huge upgrade in $$ resources and perception. $$ talks and that is the reality.

Also keep in mind that the ACC has issues with how much "catring" is done to the BB powerhouses. the infighting is not as bad as the BE but the issue still exists here.

1. You don't think Rutgers would be higher?

2. Academics have played a role in expansion in the past.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

In the end, the ACC isn't the SEC. Frankly, I'm convinced they raided the Big East as much to ensure the Big East did not surpass them as it was to pre-empt a strike from the SEC. If conference expansion keeps going, only one of the ACC or Big East is likely to survive. With TCU on board, if the Big East had been able to get Boise then the perceived gap with the ACC would have been even smaller. By striking early, they sucked some perceived prestige from the Big East to bolster their own.

As AA points out today, there are plenty of arguments to support the idea that the new Big East is still superior to the new ACC in football. If the Big East had not lost Pitt, Syracuse and then TCU as a result, the ACC would be in more danger than it currently is.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I would put Rutgers over Cincinnati and drop UConn below them.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Tuberville recently said this Thursday that he sees Big 12 staying at 10 ‘for awhile’.

“I think we’re going to be with 10 for awhile,†he said. “And we’re all on the same page with that. Unless there were some people we thought would enhance our 10-team league … I think we’re going to be in this league for awhile.â€

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

http://articles.orla...d-randy-spetman

FSU AD Randy Spetman on Big 12 rumors: 'We're committed to the ACC'

Which means nothing!

Exactly. "I am the head coach of the Miami Dolphins." - Saban

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

They are for now.

Getting their own TV network would be difficult to pass up.