• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

1. acc would want to replace fsu with usf i bet to maintain a florida presense in addition to miami

all we can do is hope

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Tuberville recently said this Thursday that he sees Big 12 staying at 10 ‘for awhile’.

“I think we’re going to be with 10 for awhile,†he said. “And we’re all on the same page with that. Unless there were some people we thought would enhance our 10-team league … I think we’re going to be in this league for awhile.â€

I think FSU and Clemson would fit that criteria.

I don't think Clemson does, but FSU definitely would add some lustre. Virginia Tech would probably be the #2 team to pilfer from the ACC, but I don't think they can move without Virginia. So Clemson would be a good add, but they'd only get to come because of FSU.

FSU and VT are really the only prizes left out there between the Big East and the ACC. Louisville is not a bad add, but they're not a prize either. Their basketball is a plus, but their football is a few years removed from glory with great potential to return to the rankings.

The ACC and BXII all got some extra money out of this round. I think they sit it out for awhile until the dust settles from a new system.

The next big shoe to drop will be the SEC contract regotiations which should push the SEC well above all the other leagues for money. That could either set off another flurry or it'll cause the conferences to settle in for awhile.

I tend to think they'll stay calm through the renewal of the BCS contracts and the bidding on the new system that will take place.

Big question for us is if the league can stay together to get a TV contract done this year. That depends on Boise St and if they notify before July 1.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Clemson has a larger fan base across the country. Actually larger than FSU. Clemson is also a somewhat better geographic fit than VT.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Clemson has a larger fan base across the country. Actually larger than FSU.

I would love to see or at least know how you came to that conclusion.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I've looked at the baseball cap displays in truck stops around the country, and my unofficial poll puts FSU waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of Clemson. Not quite Miami, ND, USC, Michigan/OSU rank, but very close. Clemson? Can't say I ever recall seeing one,even in the south.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I wouldn't say he's that far off. Clemson is a very tradition rich program.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I've looked at the baseball cap displays in truck stops around the country, and my unofficial poll puts FSU waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of Clemson. Not quite Miami, ND, USC, Michigan/OSU rank, but very close. Clemson? Can't say I ever recall seeing one,even in the south.

I know the BCS rankings have a category in their formula. BBCITS(BaseBall Caps in Truck Stops).It's a sophisticated stat. I think they actually have video capture to see how many caps there truly are as opposed to trusting die hard Truck Stop owners from fudging the results. Now if the hats were made of straw. Of course, we would would be talking about a straw poll. But this should probably be referred to as the BCS(Ball Cap Statistic).

I know the BCS rankings have a category in their formula. BBCITS(BaseBall Caps in Truck Stops).It's a sophisticated stat. I think they actually have video capture to see how many caps there truly are as opposed to trusting die hard Truck Stop owners from fudging the results. Now if the hats were made of straw. Of course, we would would be talking about a straw poll. But this should probably be referred to as the BCS(Ball Cap Statistic).

:D

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Here's one measure.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/the-geography-of-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/

Most of you kids forget that FSU has not been around that long as a football school. Before Bobby, FSU was not on the radar screen. You don't build a national fan base in a year, or in ten. Back in 1900-1903, Clemson had this player named Heisman, you may have heard of his trophy.

THAT is tradition.

Here's one measure.

http://thequad.blogs...lignment-chaos/

Most of you kids forget that FSU has not been around that long as a football school. Before Bobby, FSU was not on the radar screen. You don't build a national fan base in a year, or in ten. Back in 1900-1903, Clemson had this player named Heisman, you may have heard of his trophy.

THAT is tradition.

THAT is yesterday's news, LOL

But you may be right, that article links to a map at commoncensus, and it LOOKs like Clemson has 401 vs. FSU at 306 (hard to tell since it won't zoom without crashing right now)

http://www.commoncensus.org/sports_hotspot.php?sport=5