• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

John Marinatto has resigned as Big East commissioner

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,651
  • Days Won:  424

Eric Crawford must have gone to UCiF....

Yeah, he knows that beatch in Tampa kept UCF out of the conference because Psycho Bianchi said so.

Wrong douche bag columnist this time ....

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Yeah, he knows that beatch in Tampa kept UCF out of the conference because Psycho Bianchi said so.

Yeah, but he was merely parroting Psycho Bianchi's whole diatribe. I mean, who do you think, "industry source" is? Well CFB certainly isn't an industry, the Big East isn't an industry it must be, Bingo. The made up news industry.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It is so ridiculously stupid to even remotely imply that UCF would have kept Pitt, Syracuse, TCU, and WVU from leaving. Even dumber to think that one president could have singlehandedly blocked UCF.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

The awesome and all powerfull " JUDY G"

Ok and now if had any computer skills I would have a video of The Wizard of Oz with the Wiz behind the current.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The awesome and all powerfull " JUDY G"

Ok and now if had any computer skills I would have a video of The Wizard of Oz with the Wiz behind the current.

Old version and New version, all we need is a photoshopper, LOL.

behind-the-curtain.gifgreat-oz.jpg

• Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/08/sports/ncaabasketball/john-marinatto-resigns-as-big-east-commissioner.html?pagewanted=2&_r=3&ref=sports

The former Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese called it a “sad day.â€

“I thought that the basketball and football schools coexisted beautifully up to the point when Syracuse, Pittsburgh and West Virginia departed,†Tranghese said Monday in a telephone interview. “At that point, I thought the basketball schools ought to take a real hard look. Whether they’re going to, I don’t know.â€

• Content Count:  6,928

imo UL is gone

L'Ville take us with you.....

• Content Count:  1,867

UL isn't gone yet... B12 may take it's time and wait to add them, make sure it's worth the trouble, and the bottom line...

Remember, this whole re-alignment parade is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, so just how much is UL worth to the B12?? not sure they get much more yearly revenue by adding them... we will see.

and without more chaos on a biblical scale in college football, nobody is coming to pick us up either... We all better hope the BE gets is S*** together for the time being. The landscape of college football is still a very shaky place!!

• Content Count:  711

Yeah, but he was merely parroting Psycho Bianchi's whole diatribe. I mean, who do you think, "industry source" is? Well CFB certainly isn't an industry, the Big East isn't an industry it must be, Bingo. The made up news industry.

Made up news? This isn't TMZ...this is coming for CBS sports. Sources aren't revealed in most factual stories and although I think this is a moot point by now....I think you have to realize the Judy G's selfishness got the Big East into where they are today. UCF played a part in the ESPN deal. It's not about UCF alone and UCF being so popular all of a sudden...it was just that ESPN wanted UCF added to the Big East and would offer the TV deal. Without UCF...no deal. Genshaft fought it and even offered Houston instead, won over the votes and now look where the Big East schools are sitting.

Heres' the facts...ESPN hand picked UCF and asked the Big East to have UCF as the 10th member of the Big East, after TCU was invited. With UCF's inclusion, ESPN offered the new $1.4 Billion TV deal to tMarinatto and in front of the Presidents. Genshaft blocked UCF, caused termoil and a stir to look for better TV deals and eventually the Big East turned down the ESPN deal, in favor of looking elsewhere.

Syracuse and Pitt (who were not shopping for a new conferences)..may have stayed, with stability. Because of Genshaft's decision to fight against UCF and losing the TV deal, Syracuse and Pitt were fed up and started pitching their desire to leave the Big East hard to the ACC. The ACC wasn't shopping around at all. They just signed a new TV with 12 members and 14 didn't change anything. ESPN was pissed off at the Big East and approached the ACC to green light Cuse and Pitt. ESPN wanted the Big East destroyed, after turning down their deal. After their defections, notice how quickly UCF was added.

However, I do believe that WVU would have left for the Big 12, if invited immediately.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,651
  • Days Won:  424

Made up news? This isn't TMZ...this is coming for CBS sports. Sources aren't revealed in most factual stories and although I think this is a moot point by now....I think you have to realize the Judy G's selfishness got the Big East into where they are today. UCF played a part in the ESPN deal. It's not about UCF alone and UCF being so popular all of a sudden...it was just that ESPN wanted UCF added to the Big East and would offer the TV deal. Without UCF...no deal. Genshaft fought it and even offered Houston instead, won over the votes and now look where the Big East schools are sitting.

Here's the facts...ESPN hand picked UCF and asked the Big East to have UCF as the 10th member of the Big East, after TCU was invited. With UCF's inclusion, ESPN offered the new $1.4 Billion TV deal to tMarinatto and in front of the Presidents. Genshaft blocked UCF, caused termoil and a stir to look for better TV deals and eventually the Big East turned down the ESPN deal, in favor of looking elsewhere.

Syracuse and Pitt (who were not shopping for a new conference and had there been a new TV deal with stability)..may have stayed. Because of Genshaft's decision to fight against UCF and losing the TV deal, Syracuse and Pitt were fed up and started pitching their desire to leave the Big East hard to the ACC. The ACC wasn't shopping around at all. They just signed a new TV with 12 members and 14 didn't change anything. ESPN was pissed off at the Big East and approached the ACC to green light Cuse and Pitt. ESPN wanted the Big East destroyed, after turning down their deal. After their defections, notice how quickly UCF was added.

However, I do believe that WVU would have left for the Big 12, if invited immediately.

:roflmao:

(Thanks for bringing that back, Brad ... Now we need the "Loser" one)

Archived