• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

John Marinatto has resigned as Big East commissioner

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

More...from UCFsports.com

McMurphy was on the Orlando Sports Radio Show, The Beat of Sports with Marc Daniels this morning and his point was to say that USF's blocking of UCF directly lead to the defections. He emphasized that while USF was just one vote, there was no rush or sense of urgency to add members, and so when Judy objected to UCF, the others went along as they wanted consensus as to who to add. He also said that the major impetus of the presidents backing out of the BE deal was the PAC deal, which made them all have $$ in their eyes.

Which goes back to his article about how the BE were also hoping to lure back Maryland and BC and how that was a pipe dream. The ESPN deal was their best offer and it came with UCF, in which Genshaft objected to...so they decided to look around. Had they just agreed to the ESPN deal, odds are Cuse and Pitt would be still in the league. WVU and TCU would not, most likely.

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Now it's coming down politically for Genshaft saying she lied to the state....

http://saintpetersbl...o-jack-latvala/

More...

http://blogs.orlando...m-big-east.html

While I would like to believe that one person could not block UCF from entering the Big East, the evidence is overwhelming. Not cool.

? in title;DR

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Too Funny. Im sure she reads Bianchi and the St. Petersblog, that bastion of news gathering prowess. Goldenbuc, you are the only one desperate enough to search far and wide for a rag that will support your position. Oh, and Bianchi and McMurphy are known liars and you have included yourself in their posse now. frankly I'll stick with Judy. even if she did block the Golden Shower Knights, I'd just say atta girl.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Too Funny. Im sure she reads Bianchi and the St. Petersblog, that bastion of news gathering prowess. Goldenbuc, you are the only one desperate enough to search far and wide for a rag that will support your position. Oh, and Bianchi and McMurphy are known liars and you have included yourself in their posse now. frankly I'll stick with Judy. even if she did block the Golden Shower Knights, I'd just say atta girl.

Exactly, hopefully she did try and keep that school out. UCF inclusion would've kept the BE together...lol that just sounds ridiculous.

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Whats point of this debate? Is it gonna change anything goldenbuc?

I think I'll take the odds and they weigh heavily in what is being reported. If this ends up causing Genshaft to have to step down and ruin her entire life, so be it.

More....

http://thebeatofsports.com/BOSNews/tabid/59/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/113/Whats-Next-For-The-Big-East.aspx

Whats point of this debate? Is it gonna change anything goldenbuc?

Probably not. But if this comes to be true...wouldn't you want something done? Her antics could have costs both of our schools millions of $$$!!

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What's being reported, besides the obvious axe-grinding by McMurphy? You're finding a few fringe blogs out there that are probably pro-UCF or anti USF/Genshaft. Big whoop. That's not reportage, that's any-old-joe who signs up for a blog, which anyone can do.

BTW, that link you just posted, the Beat of Sports - Scott, who wrote that article about the Big East, is a UCF grad:

"He's a man among men. A Taker of risks when there are no risks to be taken. Undeniably genuine, deniably disengenuous. A UCF Grad & 10 year veteran of the UCF Broadcast Team, Adams currently also hosts the National Powerball Drawing. Making miracles happen one number at a time, Adams moves millions faster in 57 seconds than most Wall Street suits do in a year! Check out Scott's Website

Archived