• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

John Marinatto has resigned as Big East commissioner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

According to this ( http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7899745/big-east-commish-john-marinatto-quits-amid-shift-landscape ) this was led by the BASKETBALL schools who felt they didn't have enough say.

The source said the basketball members in the Big East were upset that they had no say in the expansion process.

Are they crazy????? The basketball schools should have LESS say, not more.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

Look at who broke the story. I know many of you hate Brett but he is **** good at what he does.

If you mean answering his phone and releasing news that would be released a few hours later anyway, I guess he is pretty good ...

You need to get this

man-crush-thumbnail-w-bevel-copy.jpg

under control.

• Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

• Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/brett-mcmurphy/18983292

Sources told CBSSports.com potential candidates for the next Big East commissioner include current Big East associate commissioners Nick Carparelli and Tom Odjakjian, SEC executive associate commissioner Mark Womack, Pac-12 deputy commissioner Kevin Weiberg, Greg Shaheen, former NCAA executive vice president for championships; Rutgers athletic director Tim Pernetti and Kit Morris, director of college sports at Nike.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

According to this ( http://espn.go.com/c...shift-landscape ) this was led by the BASKETBALL schools who felt they didn't have enough say.

The source said the basketball members in the Big East were upset that they had no say in the expansion process.

Are they crazy????? The basketball schools should have LESS say, not more.

That is outrageous, considering the revenue stream comparison. Looks like the basketball mafia got their panties in a twist on this one. If they get their way in the hiring of the new commish, this league is done for sure.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Glad he's gone but it's too late, the damage has been done.

As someone on Greg's blog already stated, any changes made now is akin to shuffling around deck chairs on the Titanic.

• Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

This might be the best time for the basketball and the football schools to finally throw in the towel and split.

I would really like to see us playing in a quality, regional (read: not coast-to-coast) all-sports conference:

North

Navy

Temple

Cincinnati

ECU

Ohio

Marshall

South

USF

UCF

Memphis

Houston

SMU

S. Miss

Yes, basically, it's CUSA all over again - but I really think that's where we are headed. I'm considering Rutgers, UConn and Louisville out of the picture.

But, if we don't get the call up to the 'power conference', I'm not sure what else we can do. If the conference does split, I don't see the west coast teams hanging around. If Boise, San Diego and the aforementioned teams are out of the picture, I don't see a super lucrative television contract. Hell, I don't even know if Navy would stay around.

If the other schools split, I think we really need to partner with the best of who's left and form the best quality, regional conference we can.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bad bad news. Right in the middle of a playoff negotiation.

Archived