• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Possible Agreement With WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

It would be great if we could get Boise in for next year and take lots of millions from WVU.

Boise is coming in next year.

He is saying Boise coming in 2012 to replace WVU and get a $20-25 million dollar payout from WVU.

who? is there any links to that?

nm

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

What a ****** up mess ....

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

What a ****** up mess ....

Sure is.

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

USF was schedule to go to UWV this year. Hopefully instead of going to Idaho the Bg East wil send Pitt and the Orange instead and we can get Boise on our home schedule for next year.

• Content Count:  820

With payout from WVU ($20-25mil as broken Down prior), Boise St possibly taking WVU's schedule in 2012, and possibly home/home series with Big 12 Team (may be existing 5 teams only) in next 6 years. OU and Rutgers already scheduling one of these.

Note the FSU/WVU series the next two years was part of the ACCs agreement with first BE raid, WVU will mostly likely have to cancel this series next year since first game is in Tallahasse, and WVU is tied up with a JMU game at Fedex field with a huge buyout to the Redskins, leaving the OOC home games as Marshall ($150k buyout) and Maryland ($300k buyout).

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Still would rather see WVU in the league one more season.

I would assume if you're $20-$25 million is correct most of that money goes to help Boise. I still wouldn't have agreed to that if I were Marinatto

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

If true, wouldn't that agreement set a precedent so that the b12 could just come back and take another school (Louisville) and know the 27 month rule could just be bought out?

• Content Count:  820

Still would rather see WVU in the league one more season.

I would assume if you're $20-$25 million is correct most of that money goes to help Boise. I still wouldn't have agreed to that if I were Marinatto

From my understanding on Boise St their buyouts is ~$7 mil this year and $3 mil next year. Now if they made it to a BCS game this year their buyouts would have been $21 mil this year and $7 next year. When they lost to TCU this year during regular season, this appeared to help get them to BE sooner and cheaper.

(Conspiracy theory upcoming). Boise St did not get a BCS bowl invite to play Michigan after Houston lost in it's championship game, because of this and part of reason VT got 2nd ACC bid which was not deserved.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If true, wouldn't that agreement set a precedent so that the b12 could just come back and take another school (Louisville) and know the 27 month rule could just be bought out?

If that school wants to pony up $25 mil. Realize that is double the buyout that A & M and Mizzou paid to get out of the Big 12. It is possible, but unlikely that other teams would want to pay that much just to get out earlier.

And we don't even know what the dollar figures are yet, but these would be record setting dollar amounts by far.

Archived