• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Possible Agreement With WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Big East / WVU negotiations will go a long way in deciding whether Luck is the new B12 commish or not.

I completely agree.

As for the schedule I traveled back from Tampa today and got home, I knew nothing about the delay until an hour ago. Again I am telling you what I am being told, or putting my opinion on things. And to delay the schedule, imo, is this thing is real close to being done otherwise you release the schedule and go to WV court at middle of June.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  260

If the Big XII puts WVU on the schedule for next year then I file suit against them pretty quickly as well. Doing so opens them up to litigation for sticking their foot in where they should not. They do it at their peril. If WVU does not join due to injunction then the Big XII may end up seeing their TV deals voided due to breach. That may lead to the league completely falling apart, with Oklahoma, Texas, etc deciding to move the the PAC-12 to get out from under the mess.
thats just not how contract law works. the BE would not have a legitimate claim agains the BXII, only WVU. Let's say you hire a contractor to paint your house. He doesnt show up when scheduled, and is painting someone else house that same week. You have no claim against the other homeowner who hired the contractor, only agains the comntractor himself.
Oh sure lets start again :) You base things on the past and during my time with attorneys(more then I like to remember) they are always coming up with new things. I mean would you have ever thought that that if you spilled hot coffee in your lap it would be worth over a 100k to ya ? (see McDonalds) I don't see any way that the BE could go after the Big 12 in this situation BUT creative attornys can do many interesting things. Ask all the Bond holders and stock holders at GM about contract law.

lol - you know what? we all laugh at the mcdonalds coffee lawsuit, but if you go research it, it actually was a valid suit - the coffee was way too hot and the lady really was burned badly from it. handing someone a boiling cup of fluid in a flimsy container into an automobile was a dangerous thing to be doing. the settlement of course got some lawyers rich, but it was a punitive settlement against mcdonalds - and they got the message and lowered the temperature at which they serve their coffee.

as far as the creative lawyers going after the BXII - i agree, nothing is absolute - BE could indeed potentially go after them, i hope i didnt say that could not happen at all, i just think on its surface merits, a judge would throw it out.

• Content Count:  4,501

Reports that the Big 12 might not release their schedule tomorrow.

http://dennis-dodd.b...270202/34641444

I am shocked !

• Content Count:  4,501

I think the Big East / WVU negotiations will go a long way in deciding whether Luck is the new B12 commish or not.

How so ? Not trying to be smart Data I am just curious why you said that.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

lol - you know what? we all laugh at the mcdonalds coffee lawsuit, but if you go research it, it actually was a valid suit - the coffee was way too hot and the lady really was burned badly from it. handing someone a boiling cup of fluid in a flimsy container into an automobile was a dangerous thing to be doing. the settlement of course got some lawyers rich, but it was a punitive settlement against mcdonalds - and they got the message and lowered the temperature at which they serve their coffee.

We are wandering off topic, but the lawyers did not get rich. The woman did not get millions of dollars, either. That was knocked down in appeals and eventually a reasonable settlement was achieved. But, yes, it was a legit lawsuit. McDonald's knew that they were serving coffee at a termperature that was not drinkable and would cause skin to burn. They also knew that most people that buy coffee in the drive through put their condiments in the coffee while in the car. They had commissioned studies on both, and still went ahead and served the coffee at a temperature that was dangerous and not even convenient for their customers since it was undrinkable until it cooled.

How so ? Not trying to be smart Data I am just curious why you said that.

If he can come through this mess with an agreement that is reasonable for WVU and the B12, that would prove he is a master negotiator which is the #1 asset for a conference commissioner. If this blows up in the face of WVU and/or the B12, no way he gets the job as commish. He has pretty much staked his future job potential on this lawsuit.

• Content Count:  84

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/34641444

If I understood Dodd correctly, they did releas the schedule to those they are legally contracted to, aka the networks. They just will not be releasing it to the public yet.....and if it is a 10 team schedule, it does not bode well for the BE presently or in the future.

http://dennis-dodd.b...270202/34641444

If I understood Dodd correctly, they did releas the schedule to those they are legally contracted to, aka the networks. They just will not be releasing it to the public yet.....and if it is a 10 team schedule, it does not bode well for the BE presently or in the future.

If all was cool with WVU there wouldn't be any reason not to release the schedule. This could get very interesting.

Incidentally, the link has been updated since I posted it initially. The stuff about it being released to the TV partners is new.

Archived