• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Possible Agreement With WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

triple b - The tweet refers to an article on WV metro news that Hoppy has written an article on today, I am on iPad and don't know how to link, later if not linked I will reference it. (Remember hoppy is part of MSNetwork, WVU)

Also with the recruiting stuff today this is getting a little buried.

Spoke to someone about the stay in WV, this actually keeps the date on the ~June 21St, 2012 court date in WV which actually has dates for the depositions set, therefore with FOIA that WVU falls under all information is going to start coming out that was asked in suits soon, unless an agreement is finalized.

Short version: WV judge is going to let the RI judge handle it if at all possible.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

triple b - The tweet refers to an article on WV metro news that Hoppy has written an article on today, I am on iPad and don't know how to link, later if not linked I will reference it. (Remember hoppy is part of MSNetwork, WVU)

Spoke to someone about the stay in WV, this actually keeps the date on the ~June 21St, 2012 court date in WV which actually has dates for the depositions set, therefore with FOIA that WVU falls under all information is going to start coming out that was asked in suits soon, unless an agreement is finalized.

Short version: WV judge is going to let the RI judge handle it if at all possible.

By hell yes, if the WV judge can get the RI judge to get a settlement he is free and clear, remember he is elected official in Monongalia County. The issue with this is the WV court has its dates set which apparently will happen first since RI has not done dates yet except for Feb. 9th, when they review how the mediation is going.

Here is AA from ESPN Blog on schedule

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/29825/big-12-has-schedule-ready-to-go

• Content Count:  1,204

By hell yes, if the WV judge can get the RI judge to get a settlement he is free and clear, remember he is elected official in Monongalia County. The issue with this is the WV court has its dates set which apparently will happen first since RI has not done dates yet except for Feb. 9th, when they review how the mediation is going.

http://espn.go.com/b...ule-ready-to-go

If there's no settlement then this winds up in Federal court one way or the other. Since it involves interstate commerce, it would be wise to combine the two cases into one Federal case. That's likely to happen upon appeal.

If no deal is reached, I expect the BE to move for an injunction in RI to prevent a move. If one is issued, I expect the BE to then move for one in WV as well to enforce the RI injunction locally.

If WVU just notified the Big XII that they can't play with them next year this would make everything easier, but WVU is intent on breaching their contract with the BE.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

By hell yes, if the WV judge can get the RI judge to get a settlement he is free and clear, remember he is elected official in Monongalia County.

Exactly. You told me that all West Viriginia judges are corrupt and would rule in favor of WVU immediately whether or not the case had merit. This guy seems to be skittish.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

By hell yes, if the WV judge can get the RI judge to get a settlement he is free and clear, remember he is elected official in Monongalia County.

Exactly. You told me that all West Viriginia judges are corrupt and would rule in favor of WVU immediately whether or not the case had merit. This guy seems to be skittish.

what if you somehow get a judge who's a marshall fan?

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

simple solution. big 12 should offer 1 OOC game a year for evey current big east team for next 2 years. 1 home and 1 away. that replaces wvu on everyone's schedule. plus cash to offset loss in tv revenue from wvu departure. they all have cupcakes they can replace or push back. if they really want wvu then they can sacrifice for the betterment of their conference.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

http://espn.go.com/b...ule-ready-to-go

If there's no settlement then this winds up in Federal court one way or the other. Since it involves interstate commerce, it would be wise to combine the two cases into one Federal case. That's likely to happen upon appeal.

If no deal is reached, I expect the BE to move for an injunction in RI to prevent a move. If one is issued, I expect the BE to then move for one in WV as well to enforce the RI injunction locally.

If WVU just notified the Big XII that they can't play with them next year this would make everything easier, but WVU is intent on breaching their contract with the BE.

I have a feeling that WVU's assurance that they would be available to play in the B12 in 2012 is the reason they were selected. If they don't come in 2012, they might be asked to stay home for 2013 and beyond as well.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

simple solution. big 12 should offer 1 OOC game a year for evey current big east team for next 2 years. 1 home and 1 away. that replaces wvu on everyone's schedule. plus cash to offset loss in tv revenue from wvu departure. they all have cupcakes they can replace or push back. if they really want wvu then they can sacrifice for the betterment of their conference.

I like your idea, but it should be a game per year where the Big 12 teams travels to play the Big East team.

This is supposedly part of the agreement but with a home/home, but not in next 2 years, probably within 6. Note: OU is already working on this with Rutgers.

The ACC did the same on first raid, thus the FSU/WVU games upcoming next 2 seasons. Note: it is expected that this series will be dropped assuming a 9 game Big 12 schedule because of the number of home games, WVU needs to have. FSU is supposed to be at WVU in 2013, if it was 2012 it probably be different. Also don't see FSU switching home dates.

Its expected WVU gets Mizzou's schedule to a point, and thus the Big 12 reporting WVU at Texas Nov 10th and OU at WVU Sept 22.

The real kicker is that JMU game, that Redskins are paying us over $1.5 million to be at and buyout over $1million.

2012 WVU "Expected" Football Schedule

Sept. 1 Marshall

Sept. 15 vs. JMU (Fed Ex Field)

Sept. 22 Oklahoma

Sept. 29 Maryland

Oct. 6 Kansas St.

Oct. 13 at Iowa St.

Oct. 20 at Okla. St.

Oct. 27 Texas Christian

Nov. 3 Baylor

Nov. 10 at Texas

Nov. 17 at Texas Tech

Nov. 24 Kansas

what if you somehow get a judge who's a marshall fan?

Of course hes skittish, wouldnt you be? Again if RI gets this done in a manner he approves then he is good. It will be interested to see what happens the 9th with the review, because I believe deposition paperwork will start funneling out within a couple weeks in WV.

There is not a lot of Marshall fans, Marshall does not have a law school.

Our Federal Court is located in Clarksburg, WV which is 40 minutes south of Morgantown, if this case was in Huntington (Marshall) I would be scared.

Heres one for ya.

A Marshall alumni left the state of WV and moved to Kentucky, while doing so he raised both states IQs. :P

Archived