• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Possible Agreement With WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

Incidentally, the link has been updated since I posted it initially. The stuff about it being released to the TV partners is new.

Do you think we/USF/BE is in trouble, because I do? This "release" is not good news....it looks to me like WVU is gone and now they are just haggling over a price.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

If the Big XII puts WVU on the schedule for next year then I file suit against them pretty quickly as well. Doing so opens them up to litigation for sticking their foot in where they should not. They do it at their peril. If WVU does not join due to injunction then the Big XII may end up seeing their TV deals voided due to breach. That may lead to the league completely falling apart, with Oklahoma, Texas, etc deciding to move the the PAC-12 to get out from under the mess.

thats just not how contract law works. the BE would not have a legitimate claim agains the BXII, only WVU. Let's say you hire a contractor to paint your house. He doesnt show up when scheduled, and is painting someone else house that same week. You have no claim against the other homeowner who hired the contractor, only agains the comntractor himself.

Au contraire, It's called Tortious interference with a contract and is one of the VERY common contract law disputes. You are just wrong. The analogy would be more like if the contractor was painting your house and the neighbor came over and offered him more money to work on his house, knowing that he was working on your house and knowing how much he was being paid, you sought to interfere with that contract by offering more money. Check it out.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I think the Big East / WVU negotiations will go a long way in deciding whether Luck is the new B12 commish or not.

I completely agree.

As for the schedule I traveled back from Tampa today and got home, I knew nothing about the delay until an hour ago. Again I am telling you what I am being told, or putting my opinion on things. And to delay the schedule, imo, is this thing is real close to being done otherwise you release the schedule and go to WV court at middle of June.

Or you realize you don't have a deal , don't know what next to do and punt.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Incidentally, the link has been updated since I posted it initially. The stuff about it being released to the TV partners is new.

Do you think we/USF/BE is in trouble, because I do? This "release" is not good news....it looks to me like WVU is gone and now they are just haggling over a price.

I really don't why either would be in trouble. The BE has several schools lined up for 2013. WVU leaving early creates an opening on the schedule for the remaining seven Big East schools, and maybe presents some sort of TV contract issue. But ESPN is already counting on Big East programming for next year, so they aren't going to cut and run. There may end up being a reduced payout, or even a reduced per team payout. But that will be offset by WVU penalties for leaving.

Seeing the numbers being thrown around for a settlement, WVU and/or the B12 have much bigger problems than the BE right now. If WVU is willing to pony up $20mil, they know they are in deep doo doo. And if the BIg East isn't willing to accept that number, they know they are standing on much better legal ground. No matter what ends up happening, WVU looks like they will end up paying silly money for pulling this stunt.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Not much USF can do, but WVU and the Big XII could be in some serious trouble if the Mountaineers show up on the Big XII schedule today without having settled with the Big East.

• Content Count:  84

I really don't why either would be in trouble. The BE has several schools lined up for 2013. WVU leaving early creates an opening on the schedule for the remaining seven Big East schools, and maybe presents some sort of TV contract issue. But ESPN is already counting on Big East programming for next year, so they aren't going to cut and run. There may end up being a reduced payout, or even a reduced per team payout. But that will be offset by WVU penalties for leaving.

Seeing the numbers being thrown around for a settlement, WVU and/or the B12 have much bigger problems than the BE right now. If WVU is willing to pony up $20mil, they know they are in deep doo doo. And if the BIg East isn't willing to accept that number, they know they are standing on much better legal ground. No matter what ends up happening, WVU looks like they will end up paying silly money for pulling this stunt.

I agree with you but the problem I see arising is with trying to hold on to SU and Pitt beyond the 12-13 season. If WVU leaves, I think that those wo will try to leave before the 27 months....possibly leaving the BE without a championship game until 15 When NAVY arrives (and whoever else we get).

I agree with you but the problem I see arising is with trying to hold on to SU and Pitt beyond the 12-13 season. If WVU leaves, I think that those wo will try to leave before the 27 months....possibly leaving the BE without a championship game until 15 When NAVY arrives (and whoever else we get).

With the other programs coming in '13 it's not going to be a problem.

Not having a championship game is not that big of a deal.

• Content Count:  260

Neinas is being replaced shortly... multiple reports that a search committee is gathering to look for a new B12 leader... wonder if schools are unhappy with the way he has handled this situation...

Neinas is an old man. He was the commissioner for the old Big 8 conference, which is why he was approached for the interim position - the old B8 members were familiar with him and liked and respected him. This was always going to be a temporary position for him. That is the only reason he agreed to dso it - he isnt interested in the job full time.

• Content Count:  820

The MSNetwork - Mountaineers Sports Network (part of AD departement) realised the news that a 10 team schedule was given to Fox and ESPN for today. Now rumor has WVU was 10th team, and the only Big12 schedule letting was Texas from Orangebloods with WVU at Texas Nov 10th and Greg Swaim reporting Oklahoma at WVU on Sept 22nd.

Now back to recruiting.

Nothing coming from any credible media source.

Would be nice to see the Big XII release that schedule and the impending lawsuit from the Big East.

Archived