• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your new Big East?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

Put BSU and SDSU on opposite travel years and I wouldn't mind being in the Western Division. Think about getting the west teams in Tampa.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I never planned on going to Pitt or WV for away games. But Houston, Dallas or San Diego? Road trip baby!!! Boise may be a once in a lifetime thing. If we play out there during Sept or October I may go. Not going in the cold weather months. Rutgers game at 35 degrees was bad enough this year.

If WVU is still in the league next season I will probably go to that game.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

The nice thing about it is that all the schools are at major airports except Boise, so it won't be a total clusterfuck since they'll have the schedules out months ahead of time to make travel arrangements. I'm not sure how to get to Boise, but I'm sure you'd likely fly to Seattle or Denver or Salt Lake City first if there are no direct paths.

One thing I'm hoping for is that if we get Air Force and Navy, that they can put Navy in the Western Division. It won't make a ton of sense, but Navy has the budget to travel, and they also are used to taking those types of trips being independent and playing a very diverse travel schedule. Plus they'll get to play San Diego State often, which is a huge Navy base/fleet as well.

• Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

Conference is a joke now. Need to rename it the Big USA

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I never planned on going to Pitt or WV for away games. But Houston, Dallas or San Diego? Road trip baby!!! Boise may be a once in a lifetime thing. If we play out there during Sept or October I may go. Not going in the cold weather months. Rutgers game at 35 degrees was bad enough this year.

If WVU is still in the league next season I will probably go to that game.

Me too. I've heard it's the best game day atmosphere in the current BE, plus I've never been to WV, so would be another state to cross off the list.

• Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

I'm happy with the new additions. It makes things more interesting and it was only a matter of time before UCF got accepted. There was nothing that was going to prevent that. If Air Force and Navy end up joining then it will be a pretty viable conference in the years to come.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Negative Nancy.

Conference will still be the butt of all jokes (nothing has changed there). I have already read some articles where they continue to rip on us (now for being coast to coast), but they always ripped on us before anyway.

Either way, this is the conference we are in, so we might as well get excited about the project.

Perhaps, in time, we can have a good year with several ranked teams and they (the media) can pick on someone else for being weak.

The problem that has not been addressed, however, is this whole partial membership thing (football only and non-football)...that only serves to make the Big East very unstable.

• Content Count:  445

Uhh your joking right?

We just added three teams that would probably beat every team we are losing How is that joke. Also we are Adding one team that should be in the BCS (Boise State) and another that would be if not for conference title game loss (Houston). If they both had made it, that would have given the new conference THREE BCS games this season.

Sounds good to me.

• Content Count:  511

I predict that Cincy, Ville, Boise, us and maybe Huston will be ranked by the end of next season. All of the BE teams are young this year. Next year will be more stable. Too bad this is not effective next year! Loking at the map we need a Colorado area school. BYU would ahve been perfect. To bad they think they are ND.

Archived