• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your new Big East?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

50-60k fans being louder than the ~15 k at the USF game. .

Reason #57 why I hate WVU and WVU fans. Must you lie to pump up your pathetic self-esteem?

Are you really saying we did not have 15k people at the USF game last week? We were at least 40-50% of the crowd, or you one of the many USF fans that did not attend?

I was loud Thurs night so much so I was horse the next day, and the section I was in 127 was clearly 80% WVU fans.

We have an average attendance against good teams of 50 - 60 k, and if you get the chance to come to a game here in 3-4 years if we have a home and home you will see.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,807

Reason #57 why I hate WVU and WVU fans. Must you lie to pump up your pathetic self-esteem?

Are you really saying we did not have 15k people at the USF game last week? We were at least 40-50% of the crowd, or you one of the many USF fans that did not attend?

I was loud Thurs night so much so I was horse the next day, and the section I was in 127 was clearly 80% WVU fans.

We have an average attendance against good teams of 50 - 60 k, and if you get the chance to come to a game here in 3-4 years if we have a home and home you will see.

It says I reached my quota for negative quotes for the day but you would get two. First of all no one wants to go to West Virginia. #2. The people there have nothing else to do. THis is your NFL team. I could go on but you get the point the. You are West Virginia.

• Content Count:  820

It says I reached my quota for negative quotes for the day but you would get two. First of all no one wants to go to West Virginia. #2. The people there have nothing else to do. THis is your NFL team. I could go on but you get the point the. You are West Virginia.

I have stated before WVU is our NFL team on this site. The whole state practically feels this way.

I would disagree about no one wants to go to WV.

WVU is in Morgantown, probably in top 20 college football game day locations.

Greenbrier is here, just ask any PGA player what is the best relaxing week on tour.

Job market here right now is booming in energy, gas, oil, coal

Now there is places in WV I wont go but there is that in Tampa also

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

http://ucf.rivals.co...sid=908&style=2

Its been what a day and the Futgers and UCiF fans are already making kissy face with each other while trashing USF...

Who cares?

There's actually some pretty funny banter at that link.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

http://ucf.rivals.co...sid=908&style=2

Its been what a day and the Futgers and UCiF fans are already making kissy face with each other while trashing USF...

Who cares?

Hopefully DB fully de-liced before signing back on here ...

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Job market here right now is booming in energy, gas, oil, coal

I think I'm getting the black lung, pop ...

zoolander.jpg

• Content Count:  4,879

jvwvu, i hope you have enjoyed your run, as you will no go from being a big fish in a small pond to being the guppy in the ocean. have fun in the last bcs game you'll see for a looooong time.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

My interpretation of your post is that there were only 15k fans at this years game while you will draw 50-60k at next years USF-WVU game. My post was saying that there were far more than 15k at this years game.

I apologize since I apparently misinterpreted, and instead you believe that 15k traveled for the game at RayJay. I really can't say either way on that, but I would guess you are overestimating.

On another note, I'm quite surprised you are talking about next years USF-WVU game. I thought there was no way in the world WVU would be in the Big East.

• Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Future questionable for new Big East

http://espn.go.com/c...east-conference

This article by Andrea Adelson proves two things: (1) Adelson lacks creativity and merely repeats what she's heard from others; and (2) ESPN's hostility against the Big East is transparent and here to stay.

IMHO, what the Big East needs is a new identity.  The problem is that the conference lacks leadership (we all know this), and what we sorely need is for someone to rebrand the conference using NEW rules, not the stodgy rules applied by the other conferences.

For example, rather than letting others criticize the Big East for being "coast-to-coast," why not embrace it?  I like how the Big East is pointing out that it can fill up 12 consecutive hours on Saturday, with one game in each time zone.  Why not consider renaming the conference?  Some say that it wants to keep the Big East "brand" it has already developed over the years, but the problem (in football, anyways) IS the brand.  The Big East name is associated with weak football.  While winning on the field is the only thing that can substantively change that perception, why not break with the past and change the name?  Do we really think we have the cache of the SEC or the Big 10, to where our name should remain the same notwithstanding the fact the names don't match reality (Texas A&M and Mizzou are not in the southeast, and the Big 10 has 12 teams)?  NEWS FLASH TO MARINATTO: THE BIG EAST DOESN'T HAVE THE BRAND EQUITY THAT THE SEC OR THE BIG 10 HAVE (in fact, the name has become a liability), so why not give our new conference a fresh start?  (I know, basketball may not be on board - but ultimately their success is tied to the football teams' success, so they should be willing to at least consider the idea.)

As for Adelson, what can I say?  Like many bad "journalists," she craps on the Big East, and if criticized falls back on her "I'm not a fan, I'm objective" nonsense.  The above-cited article is a joke.  For example, she shakes her head and characterizes the Big East as "desperate" because it has added far-flung schools like Boise State, which is 3 million miles (or something like that) from Providence.  In the very next breath, she says that while the structure of the BCS has forced its hand, the Big East isn't faultless in all this because it didn't add Boise State EARLIER, before the mass defections occurred.  Huh?  Which is it?

Honestly, I'm over the Big East bashing.  It's pretty stupid and uninformed.  Had Adelson had two brain cells to rub together (she has three, but two of them are at war), she should have written an article about how the BCS system has forced the dissolution of regional rivalries and undermined the purpose of conferences, citing the Big East's impossible position as an example (expand with BCS-ranked teams, be irrelevant, or fold).  But no.  Instead she regurgitates the same snarky stuff we hear from people who are secretly Ohio State and USC fans.

I wish there were a way for the new Big East's schools to collaborate in some way, for P.R. purposes, in a kind of "us against the world" rebranding campaign.  It's clear everyone hates the Big East, for various reasons.  So, instead of begging to be members of their stupid traditional "club," why not call them out and say, "yeah, we know you hate us.  We don't care.  We're new, improved, and next time you play us, we're going to beat the crap out of you."  Of course, then we actually have to go out and DO IT.  But I'm talking concepts here.  And being on a new network (NBC) will hopefully give us a new major media outlet that is on our side; currently, I don't think anyone's on our side,  And we all know that ESPN's definitely not going to be a cheerleader for us - they're too busy taking over the world.

Anyways, just some random, in some cases half-baked thoughts.

Good thoughts here--I think you should be writing the Big East blog for ESPN!

Thanks, maybe I should!

• Content Count:  274

How about 2 divisons of 8 teams. each team plays every one in their division plus 2 from other div. 1 at home and 1 away. Marinatto had mentioned joining up with the Mountain west as one of his ideas. now the map won't look so crazy! Just add some teams like UNLV,fresno state, co.st.

Archived