• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your new Big East?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

Awesome, a 13 team league.

maybe with the new additions, the BE lets the deflectors walk away? Big John still saying no to leaving early:

USFOracleSports USF Oracle

The announcement of new members today will not allow Pittsburgh, West Virginia and Syracuse to leave earlier than 27 month exit period.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

The new BE upgraded in terms of TV markets and on the field. Trading WVU, Pitt and Cuse for Boise, Houston, SMU, San Diego State and (cough) UCF is an upgrade.

However, what the new BE lacks is tradition. Hopefully, time and some new born rivalries will replace the lost tradition.

It's beginning to grow on me.

• Content Count:  1,204

Awesome, a 13 team league.

maybe with the new additions, the BE lets the deflectors walk away? Big John still saying no to leaving early:

USFOracleSports USF Oracle

The announcement of new members today will not allow Pittsburgh, West Virginia and Syracuse to leave earlier than 27 month exit period.

I figured that. We'll be at eight next year, though there's been some talk we might see some moves earlier. Boise State will not have as big of a payout for leaving next season due to not being in the BCS. And if that happens then I'd expect San Diego State to leave with them. So we might be at 10 teams next season for football.

We'll have 13 teams in 2013 and I still think Pitt and Syracuse actually might stay if the TV contract ends up larger per team than the ACC. That's an IF, but if they stay put and get another couple million a year then why bail?

• Content Count:  312

I have never really thought about the possibility of Pitt and Syracuse pulling a TCU and bailing on the ACC to stay w/ the NBE... this would maintain the conference strength in basketball which would bring in even more $$ on a TV deal... Could have been what Pitt and Syracuse wanted all along

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Cuse would give us an automatic win in conference play every year. that would be nice. LOL.

• Content Count:  312

lol I know right. Unless we schedule the on 4 days rest on the road for the first conference game of the year... Someone slap whoever planned that Pitt game this year.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

lol I know right. Unless we schedule the on 4 days rest on the road for the first conference game of the year... Someone slap whoever planned that Pitt game this year.

i'm guessing ESPN planned it.

• Content Count:  684

I'm convinced ESPN was involved with Pitt and Cuse leaving, they knew this would have been bad for bball as well. Either way, on a positive note, I wouldn't be surprised if this places an OCS up a few spots on the priority list.... Even sounds like potential recruits know about something we don't :-)

BiVvTakeover_26 Showtime BiVv

but we will! BE title, new stadium, facilities

Would like to see a continuation of the facilities upgrade.... Arms Race !!!!!

• Content Count:  820

Pitt and Cuse will not pay $20 mil to not go to ACC like TCU paid BE $5 mil.

Also with the new additions and our case Pitt and Cuse might be trying to speed up their exit strategy to 2012, but I see them out after next season.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Although most people will only care about FBall, when it comes to full-members, geographically, the conference isn't too much of a trainwreck. We still maintain an unbroken chain of states from Rhode Island to Wisconsin (with or w/o ND). Only big-market FL and TX aren't contiguous with the rest of the league - no different from what we would've had with TCU. I guess G'Town isn't actually connected (although Loyola-MD womens LAX is in BE), but at least it is on the MD side of the Potomac. The FBall-only members are just a curiosity, only here for the obvious reasons. This shouldn't bother the non-FBall members, for whom the only real loss is Syracuse (although with the molestation charges, maybe it's good they're leaving).

Archived