• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your new Big East?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Easiest solution:

Have all the teams do well out of conference. That shuts up the haters easily. Win OOC games and bowl games, do well against other conferences. Win the games you "should" against lesser competition. Win games against good ("superior") competition.

Having a conference with many of the teams 3-1 or 4-0 out of conference is the true way to boost the rankings and perception of the conference. It ensures more teams have better chances at winning records overall, better chances that the top 2-3 teams that go anywhere from 8-0 to 6-2 or 5-3 in conference are guaranteed between 8-12 wins in a season and thus come higher rankings, better perception, and better opportunities for recruits, titles, and money.

It IS the bottom line. Win. Win. Win.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Easiest solution:

Have all the teams do well out of conference. That shuts up the haters easily. Win OOC games and bowl games, do well against other conferences. Win the games you "should" against lesser competition. Win games against good ("superior") competition.

Having a conference with many of the teams 3-1 or 4-0 out of conference is the true way to boost the rankings and perception of the conference. It ensures more teams have better chances at winning records overall, better chances that the top 2-3 teams that go anywhere from 8-0 to 6-2 or 5-3 in conference are guaranteed between 8-12 wins in a season and thus come higher rankings, better perception, and better opportunities for recruits, titles, and money.

It IS the bottom line. Win. Win. Win.

I agree. And Pitt / Syracuse were some of the worst offenders when it came to losing OOC games. Good riddence. I'll give WVU a pass on losing to LSU.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I never planned on going to Pitt or WV for away games. But Houston, Dallas or San Diego? Road trip baby!!! Boise may be a once in a lifetime thing. If we play out there during Sept or October I may go. Not going in the cold weather months. Rutgers game at 35 degrees was bad enough this year.

If WVU is still in the league next season I will probably go to that game.

+1

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

I never planned on going to Pitt or WV for away games. But Houston, Dallas or San Diego? Road trip baby!!! Boise may be a once in a lifetime thing. If we play out there during Sept or October I may go. Not going in the cold weather months. Rutgers game at 35 degrees was bad enough this year.

+1

If we are in the BE, I would highly recommend a trip up. 50-60k fans being louder than the ~15 k at the USF game. Yes there would be some idiots.

Also expect soon that Pitt and Cuse start throwing in that they want out in 2012, but I think they go in 2013, a year early with paying more than the $5 mil. (Probably $8)

Lets say Boise St replaces us next year as the 8th team, how would that suit you all?

Also Friday the 9th is the date of the Mon County hearing, so more info that afternoon should be out.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

BMM has it, so it must be official. :) Presser tonite at 5.

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29532522/33728643

• Content Count:  7,693

+1

If we are in the BE, I would highly recommend a trip up. 50-60k fans being louder than the ~15 k at the USF game. Yes there would be some idiots.

Also expect soon that Pitt and Cuse start throwing in that they want out in 2012, but I think they go in 2013, a year early with paying more than the $5 mil. (Probably $8)

Lets say Boise St replaces us next year as the 8th team, how would that suit you all?

Also Friday the 9th is the date of the Mon County hearing, so more info that afternoon should be out.

There is no way in hell that y'all are getting out of the Big East early... I don't see any judge okaying such a move.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I predict that Cincy, Ville, Boise, us and maybe Huston will be ranked by the end of next season. All of the BE teams are young this year. Next year will be more stable. Too bad this is not effective next year! Loking at the map we need a Colorado area school. BYU would ahve been perfect. To bad they think they are ND.

we will not be ranked next year___funny

swap out navy for csu

i love new teams and locations

• Content Count:  1,011

Conference is a joke now. Need to rename it the Big USA

Would you rather be in the MWCUSA merger? Because that is where we would be if this conference falls apart.

I'm not thrilled about the Big East, but it is the best option we have.

Archived