• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF doesn't want Boise??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

A lot of mention of FSU to SEC opening a spot for USF in the ACC, but what happens when the SEC takes Virginia Tech or Clemson? Will the ACC still want USF? I think we only get picked if FSU is the team to leave.

This has been the most optimistic thread in a while. Nobody knows how things will look for 2012. I'm really just hoping that the SEC and BigXII stop where they are for the 2012 season to give the Big East a few more months to get it together before any of the other conferences expand again.

So the Big East wants to go to 12, but recent reports indicate everyone has a different agenda, I could see the Big East possibly only being able to get to 9 or 10 football members because of it, with Boise excluded.

Question for everyone... Would you rather

join a 14 team BigXII with Mizzou (or WVU) in the SEC?

join a 14 team ACC with FSU in the SEC?

stay in a 12 team Big East and an added incredibly stiff exit penalty?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I would take either the ACC or BigXII, but BigXII would be my first choice.

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

With the BE basketball schools not wanting to add any more all sports members I think the writing on the wall is a little more clear. I just don't see how adding 4 or six football only schools saves BE football. Yes we are waiting for Mizzou to decide but chances are they stay B12 where they are middle of the pack than go to SEC where they are down a the bottom with Vandy. B12 will need to add a couple schools to enhance their TV contract. The realignment is somewhat orchestrated but not completely. UConn was supposed to go ACC but will not get in because of politics at BC. It is public knowledge ESPN is behind all the realignment in the BE to keep Comcast from getting BE TV rights. USF is trying to stay aligned with UL. VTech will not go SEC, it took an act of God (US Senator) to get them in ACC where they dominate football, make solid money and have a shot at National Championships. FSU is not going SEC because they can also dominate ACC if they get the right coaching staff and ACC has elevated their academics significantly. So that leaves WVU as SEC @14. Back to B12, they need two spots to get to 12. They have UL, UC and USF. In a close race, I think USF gets the nod over UC because of TV market and recruiting territory. The remaining BE schools go back to CUSA (UConn, RU, UC). If UC gets chosen over USF for B12, we go back to CUSA. BE football is done and we have two places to land. One is the back row of first class, the other is a middle seat between two 400lb men who just powered down 6 chili dogs and 4 beers each and then took four sleeping pills for the flight from Tampa to Seattle with Thunderstorms across the whole US. Yea you get there but its not something you want to do again (but you have to ride in that seat for another 10 years because your conference got screwed over by the greedy bastards at ESPN).

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I cant tell which conference is the one with the fat guys

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If this is true, then someone needs to shake some sense into USF.  Boise is a must for retaining AQ.  What is going on here.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/10/big_east_expansion_talks_cloud.html

As for that expansion, another top college official said the conference’s football schools — though there are just six now — can’t even come to a consensus on adding Boise State for football only.

That official, who also requested anonymity because of private nature of the conversations the past two days, gave an insight into just how fractured the league is:

• Though Boise State is the Big East’s best chance to retain its automatic bid to the BCS when the next evaluation period comes up in 2014, Louisville, Cincinnati and South Florida are lukewarm to the idea.

And Boise won’t commit to the league until the six holdover football schools do;

I doubt its USF, LV, and Natti... from what ESPN has been reporting its the basketball schools that don't want to add anyone... its like pulling teeth.

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

If this is true, then someone needs to shake some sense into USF.  Boise is a must for retaining AQ.  What is going on here.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/10/big_east_expansion_talks_cloud.html

As for that expansion, another top college official said the conference’s football schools — though there are just six now — can’t even come to a consensus on adding Boise State for football only.

That official, who also requested anonymity because of private nature of the conversations the past two days, gave an insight into just how fractured the league is:

• Though Boise State is the Big East’s best chance to retain its automatic bid to the BCS when the next evaluation period comes up in 2014, Louisville, Cincinnati and South Florida are lukewarm to the idea.

And Boise won’t commit to the league until the six holdover football schools do;

I doubt its USF, LV, and Natti... from what ESPN has been reporting its the basketball schools that don't want to add anyone... its like pulling teeth.

And I especially doubt its USF holding up anything.  Even if we are placed in a “western†conference, is flying to Houston, Dallas, Denver, Boise for football THAT much different than flying to Newark, Pittsburgh, Buffalo (closest to Syracuse?) etc…. We fly to all of all away conference games anyway now.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Hope this means USF has something STRONG about to happen.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Don't believe everything on the nets.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Lukewarm doesn't mean we're blocking it. 

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I would disregard anything that is leaked at this point. First off, anything leaked from people that are actually "in the know" are doing so to create a perception or send a trial balloon regarding their own specific agenda. Same can be said about someone anonomously being cited.

In this case word came from "a top college official". Doesn't even mention this person was even affiliated with the Big East. Could be someone from a college that may be left out of the expansion trying to paint a negative view on the proceedings.  

Even if these football schools are lukewarm to the idea, was it because they don't want Boise or was it because someone prooposed something ludicrous to go along with bringing Boise and that's what they were lukewarm about.

Until you hear something from an official spokesperson I would discount anything you hear in the media.

Archived