• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF doesn't want Boise??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Do you guys think this might be why we're getting no looks from other conferences?  Maybe we're not looking, and we're content with a watered down BE.

Were we looking when we got the BE invite?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Do you guys think this might be why we're getting no looks from other conferences?  Maybe we're not looking, and we're content with a watered down BE.

Not my point.  Maybe USF doesn't want to leave the Big East.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

LOL.

You gotta give them more credit than that.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

LOL.

You gotta give them more credit than that.

I just have zero idea on why they would want to block Boise State.  Especially if we divide east and west.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The 3 teams allegedly lukewarm are the 3 most likely tone left holding the bag if the conference fails. 

Louisville and Cincinatti are the mostly likely to get B12 invites, except maybe WVU.  UL and UC are much better fits geographically and have been linked to the B12 a lot.  A fair number of people have Louisville as the most likely school to leave first.

I would rank Rutgers as the most likely stuck without a conference.

• Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe UC, UL, and USF are against the idea because the idea is for them to be in the western division with BSU. I know i wouldnt want to be in their divsion, a flight diagonally across the country to play football on a blue field every other year? I dont blame USF for being against this idea.

The only good way to add BSU is with 5-7 other western schools to create a truely western division.

Imagine if this 6/6 conference thats been talked about happens, and USF is put in a western division with Houston, AFA, UL, UC, and BSU.. The travel costs would be aweful.

The really optomistic view of our opposition to BSU is UL is bringing us with them to the B12, but i highly doubt that one is true, as much as I'd love it to be.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Yes.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Yes.

Link?

:D

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The 3 teams allegedly lukewarm are the 3 most likely tone left holding the bag if the conference fails.  They probably asked for assurances (in the form of exit fees and media rights) to ensure that everyone stays and they don't get stuck with teams 2000 miles away and no AQ money and those have been rebuffed.

I hate to go conspiracy theory on stuff like this, but you almost have to start figuring out people's motivations for leaking the information they leak and primary among them is not being the basis for the death of the BE and being able to shift it to someone else.

Pretty close. What if they weren't the teams to be left "holding the bag"? And I wholeheartedly agree that the info that is being leaked into the ethos is self motivated and a lot of it is crap. What is obvious, and which really has been that way for a while, is that Big East Football is toast. All the new member crap is being floated to try to divert from the actual outcome. I mean rumors today "Villanova blocking Temple", "George O'Leary expects offer soon"," USF, Cincy and UL blocking Boise" and "WVU heading to B12" Come on, there are a lot smarter people than those leaking, who are managing this affair. ESPN, Slive, Swofford and Neinas are running multi-billion dollar efforts. They know what they are up to. When this thing finally sorts out everyone will  understand how well orchestrated it was. A few flies in the ointment but it is progressing. These moves require a lot of due diligence and a lot of hand holding. They aren't even close to as chaotic as the rumor mill wants them to be. Media feeds on the frustration of people. Sound familiar?

Oh, BTW, I don't know everything about what is happening but I operated in similar situations constantly for 20 years. Buying, selling, merging companies and  shutting down under-performing businesses.   The parallels are scary, but I know one thing above all else, It never pays to panic. We are gonna be fine.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Maybe UC, UL, and USF are against the idea because the idea is for them to be in the western division with BSU. I know i wouldnt want to be in their divsion, a flight diagonally across the country to play football on a blue field every other year? I dont blame USF for being against this idea.

The only good way to add BSU is with 5-7 other western schools to create a truely western division.

Imagine if this 6/6 conference thats been talked about happens, and USF is put in a western division with Houston, AFA, UL, UC, and BSU.. The travel costs would be aweful.

The really optomistic view of our opposition to BSU is UL is bringing us with them to the B12, but i highly doubt that one is true, as much as I'd love it to be.

A week ago, lots of people on here did not believe that the conferences really get "advice" from ESPN when choosing schools.  Then the BC AD admitted it.

Absolutely nothing that is happening right now is a random game of chance.  True, few schools have an ironclad guarantee about what is going to happen.  But I'd wager significant sums of money that every school in the BE has an excellent idea where they would end up if the BE were to vote to disband tomorrow.

You must remember that raiding another conference is considered bad for at best, a lawsuit risk at worst.  Now that BC has painted a bullseye on ESPN, this will unfold one of two ways.  The BE will be put back together and retain the AQ spot for at least a few more years along with a reasonably good ESPN TV contract.  Or, the football BE will disband within the next month and the six football schools will unbelievably all find a landing spot.  BC may have just guaranteed UConn a spot in the ACC. UL and Cincy would already be headed to the B12 if not for the 27 month BE waiting period.  WVU certainly has a spot somewhere, and USF and Rutgers will find a home.

Archived