• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF doesn't want Boise??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Really, this has long been destined to reduce one of the five major conferences.  I really thought it might be the ACC for a while, then the Big12 almost blew itself up.  When the B12 put itself back together, it came down to ACC vs BE and the ACC struck first.  It is now pretty obvious that the ACC is just a more cohesive unit, even though they have their own issues.  But they could at least agree long enough to know they had to strike or be gone. 

BE and B12 remnants have been destined to merge for two years now.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

It'd be perfect. B12 is first to 16 and we dont have to play with UCF. Praying so hard for this right now.

Big East would be so much more competitive and less disrespected if the basketball schools werent there. Or at least if they had football programs.

It'd be perfect. B12 is first to 16 and we dont have to play with UCF. Praying so hard for this right now.

Big East would be so much more competitive and less disrespected if the basketball schools werent there. Or at least if they had football programs.

I think B12 is our most likely destination, but ACC is still in play if Mizzou stays in the B12.  That would push the SEC to look elsewhere, and might change the geography a bit.  I think the ACC will want us if FSU ends up in the SEC.  The Florida market is too big to ignore and Miami really isn't a huge draw all by itself.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I think B12 is our most likely destination, but ACC is still in play if Mizzou stays in the B12.  That would push the SEC to look elsewhere, and might change the geography a bit.  I think the ACC will want us if FSU ends up in the SEC.  The Florida market is too big to ignore and Miami really isn't a huge draw all by itself.

This is where I am at, critics and condescending reporters be damned.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

We can only hope

Politics or something unforeseen can certainly screw things up, but the odds are considerably in our favor.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Politics or something unforeseen can certainly screw things up, but the odds are considerably in our favor.

I'm not quite that optimisitic..

The best thing for us would be a re-fueled race to 16 teams.

Which could be prompted when Notre Dame decides it's time for a conference.  The B1G and the ACC are both waiting on ND.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

That's kind of why I think Mizzou to SEC works so well. It makes the SEC extremely West heavy(Mizzou and Tamu) opening a spot for 2 East Members. Prolly WVU and FSU.Alabama ain't moving they have been vocal bout that. It also forces the B12 to go raiding again. UL, and Cincy are the immediately available goals. ACC or B1G has to pick that steaming pile in NJ and the little turd  in Conn. and we get to dance into Acc south to replace our Indian friends. This guys Slive, Swofford , lately Neinas their taskmaster ESPN have had this thing gamed for a while. They come out smelling like they rescued everyone who was stranded by the evil Big East. This was just too big of a game for Tater Head and the little BB boys.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Which could be prompted when Notre Dame decides it's time for a conference.  The B1G and the ACC are both waiting on ND.

Notre Dame isn't going ANYWHERE. They make TV more money than any conference member in the country. They pick their bowl game, depending on how well they do. They don't have to deal with this conference crap. Anybody will take their BB and Olympic sports after the conferences settle down. Why would they move? Because everyone says" Notre Dame" has to join a conference? Hah.

Archived