• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF doesn't want Boise??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I've seen a couple of comments about how everyone is waiting for Missouri to decide on going to the SEC or not.  Living in Missouri, I think it's more accurate to say that everyone is waiting on the SEC to decide whether it wants Missouri.

Neither. No news is good news for Mizzou.  It doesn't take this long to know if you have the votes.  It does take this long to make things official.

It took about two weeks for Texas A & M to get the official invites, etc.  I have to believe that Mizzou is in, and it sure looks like Louisville is headed to the B12.  I'm really confused how Louisville plans to get to the B12 by 2012, unless there are some surprises on the way.

The deadlines have passed.  Mizzou will play football in the B12 next year (B12 wont let them go without an immediate replacement) and Louisville will play in the Big East next year (even if they get invited, the Big East wont let them go for scheduling reasons alone).  Who's playing where in 2013, now that's a different case.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I've seen a couple of comments about how everyone is waiting for Missouri to decide on going to the SEC or not.  Living in Missouri, I think it's more accurate to say that everyone is waiting on the SEC to decide whether it wants Missouri.

Neither. No news is good news for Mizzou.  It doesn't take this long to know if you have the votes.  It does take this long to make things official.

It took about two weeks for Texas A & M to get the official invites, etc.  I have to believe that Mizzou is in, and it sure looks like Louisville is headed to the B12.  I'm really confused how Louisville plans to get to the B12 by 2012, unless there are some surprises on the way.

The deadlines have passed.  Mizzou will play football in the B12 next year (B12 wont let them go without an immediate replacement) and Louisville will play in the Big East next year (even if they get invited, the Big East wont let them go for scheduling reasons alone).  Who's playing where in 2013, now that's a different case.

Who's deadlines?  The schools aren't governed by anyone other than the conferences.  I haven't read that the B12 has a specific deadline.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Aren't we looking at Jan. 2014 right now, assuming the BE manages to stay viable?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Who's deadlines?  The schools aren't governed by anyone other than the conferences.  I haven't read that the B12 has a specific deadline.

The B12 has already come out and said that they'll be a 10 team league next year no matter what Missouri decides, which means that the only way Missouri leaves for the 2012 season would be to have another team available for 2012.  The only team that is in a position to join in 2012 would be an independent, BYU, and they've already passed.

Louisville is apparently the number 1 option, but the Big East isn't letting anyone go until the conference is settled or football is eliminated altogether.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The B12 has already come out and said that they'll be a 10 team league next year no matter what Missouri decides, which means that the only way Missouri leaves for the 2012 season would be to have another team available for 2012. 

It's easy to say that.  That doesn't mean that is how it will happen if there isn't a requirement in their bylaws.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

SEC needs one more team.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

SEC needs one more team.

why?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

SEC needs one more team.

why?

If your going divisions, cross divisional games don't work. Unless everyone plays everyone (12 conference games).

Can't schedule 8 or 9 conference games with 7 in one division and 6 in the other.

Take out a piece of paper and try it.

Archived