• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Has anyone heard if we've sent any apps out to the other conferences?

MEAC?  (We can finally get that 10 win season!)  :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

what a great time

For?  Maybe the talking heads.  They will have fewer teams which they have to cover. ::)

• Content Count:  1,204

UT Board of Regents do NOT give UT President authorization to change conferences. Wow.

http://twitter.com/#!/kbohls

Yet ESPN indicates UT President has been given authority to change conferences.

ESPN doesn't indicate that the President has the authority to change conferences, just the "authority to take action".  The could just mean that UT has given him the ability to apply formally to the PAC-12.  If the application is accepted then the conference will issue an invitation.  The Regents probably will want to vote on the invitation.  They just didn't grant him unilateral power to shift conferences without coming back to them.

• Content Count:  771

Baylor

Kansas

Kstate

Tcu

Boise st

Houston

Usf

Wvu

Louisville

Cinci

Memphis

Ucf

Ecu sucks this year and ucf has better athletics as a whole.  Memphis is decent size market

• Content Count:  771

Baylor

Kansas

Kstate

Tcu

Boise st

Houston

Usf

Wvu

Louisville

Cinci

Memphis

Ucf

Ecu ***** this year and ucf has better athletics as a whole.  Memphis is decent size market

I forgot iowa state so scratch ucf

• Content Count:  1,251

Baylor

Kansas

Kstate

Tcu

Boise st

Houston

Usf

Wvu

Louisville

Cinci

Memphis

Ucf

Ecu ***** this year and ucf has better athletics as a whole.  Memphis is decent size market

I forgot iowa state so scratch ucf

i feel like that is our best possible outcome....switch iowa state for UCF and im good with that

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

merge them now. ironclad agreements. 2 divisions. one champ game. 16 teams.

texas                      wvu

ttech                      rutgers

ou                          uconn

okst                        cincy 

baylor                      usf

kansas                      iowa state

k state                    u of l

missouri                    tcu

play 7 one your side and 1 or 2 rotating games on other side. essentially keeps what we have intact with the exception of iowa state. they need to be proactive. start a big 16 network that compliments LHN.

• Content Count:  1,204

Still not convinced that the SEC or Big Ten will be moving to 16.  If West Virginia's application was denied then that indicates that the SEC is in no rush.  Who will they add?  I think the ACC schools aren't going anywhere.  They voted unanimously to jack up their conference exit fee, so they're sticking together.  And as one of my friends, an FSU grad, said last night, "Why would FSU want to be in the SEC?  They have a much easier path to the BCS and a Title in the ACC."  Exactly.  Adding Pitt, Rutgers, UConn, and Syracuse doesn't change that.  With Miami facing major sanctions, FSU doesn't have a lot of worries.  Sure, Clemson and Georgia Tech could be pesky here and there, but Virginia Tech is the only other major consistent big wig in the conference.  

I think if UT goes to the PAC-12 that we'll get that Big East/Big XII football merger.  The Big East football teams will just all leave the BE in a bloc.  TCU will roll into the Big XII.  They'll have 10 teams and their TV contract intact.  The Big Ten will stay put unless ND decides to join - and they might because their other sports will be hung out to dry.  

Or the Big XII could make a play at being a 16 team conference by adding the Big East teams, adding Boise State, BYU, Army, Navy, Air Force, and Houston/SMU/Whoever.  

If the ACC teams don't want to leave then the SEC really doesn't have a lot of options to get up to 16.  If they did deny WVU then they aren't willing to expand at any cost.  

I think the Big Ten stays at 12 or goes to 13 with ND.  I think the SEC stays at 13.  I think the Big XII expands to 12 at most, adding Boise State and BYU into the mix.  The ACC and PAC-12 go 16.  The Big East still exists, but no longer for football.  Notre Dame will stay put there and the conference will expand to at least 12 non-football schools by adding teams like Dayton, Xavier, Temple, and Richmond into the fold with ND, Villanova, Georgetown, St. John's, Seton Hall, Marquette, Providence, and DePaul.  That would still be a great basketball conference and bball will be the focus.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

I've received at least four "inappropriate post" notifications on this thread. Please cease thw use of profanity and other inapproriate language.

Thanks,

Brad, aka Bulliever

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Wow. I will never get back the twenty-four hours of my life I spent following this thread.

This is not intended to be a negative comment, I just started thinking about what is going to happen if this lasts until December to all shake out...

Archived