• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

Best case is we somehow worm our way into the ACC or SEC, but that is extreemely unlikely.

Realistically, our only hope of staying AQ is UT&co heading west and this B12 merger happening.

I dont think a conference with Missouri/WVU, TCU, USF, UL, UC, KU etc would be stripped of AQ immeditely, though adding BYU and maybe even BSU would make it a lot safer.

I know being in a league with BSU and BYU would suck, but its desperation mode right now.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  84

I am as nervous as the next guy...but this I know from a very good source, as long as UT goes to the PAC we will "be okay."

:lmao

laugh all you want but that is the truth....if UT goes everything fall into place.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I remain very concerned about the lack of any mention of USF in ANY articles, tweets, blogs, etc.

How many times do you feel like you have to say this exact same thing?

+1000

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I am as nervous as the next guy...but this I know from a very good source, as long as UT goes to the PAC we will "be okay."

laugh all you want but that is the truth....if UT goes everything fall into place.

Makes sense. Don't know why he is laughing.

• Content Count:  2,461

Seeing articles pop up about at BE/B12 merger.  Decent news for now.

Best we can hope for other than a USF to the ACC article... and I don't think that's coming anytime soon with this leaked.

Let the Big 12/East haters start saying we're not AQ material...

• Content Count:  993

One thing I don't see anybody mentioning is what happens when the SEC decides they are going to start poaching from the ACC?

Haha.  No offense but what are you watching/reading where you don't see this mentioned?  It has been mentioned extensively for a year+ but was largely put to rest when the ACC raised their buyout to 20 million.

• Content Count:  228

Dude, it is not like me saying the same thing a few times is a big deal. There are 96 pages in this thread, and I am sure not the only one saying the same thing.

I think Greg Auman needs to do a records request per the Sunshine Law to see what Judy and Doug are strategizing!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I guess with the sunshine law you need a separate private phone with a line to other private phones.

• Content Count:  459

One thing I don't see anybody mentioning is what happens when the SEC decides they are going to start poaching from the ACC?

Haha.  No offense but what are you watching/reading where you don't see this mentioned?  It has been mentioned extensively for a year+ but was largely put to rest when the ACC raised their buyout to 20 million.

So essentially what you are saying is it is impossible?  Last time I checked USF paid Jim Leavitt $3 million to go away quietly.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if somebody wants out of the ACC they'll move along.  If somebody wants to leave they'll pony up the dough.  You don't think some fat-cat donors are going to make sure the best move happens?  After all, if two or three (say VT, FSU) start being rumored to leave everybody is going to get happy feet.   Does Miami or Clemson really want to stick around to play Maryland, Duke, UConn, Pitt and UNC?  This is likely the last expansion/shift we'll see.  Might as well jump on board the right boat.

I mean honestly...do you really think Pitt and UConn are going to be playing football in the Big East for the next 27 months?  I see them possibly playing next season...possibly.  After that, they're gone bye-bye.  See last conference expansion/shakeup for more. 

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Thank you for your approval! I will continue to laugh at you.  :thumbnew

Archived