• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

As long as WVU or Mizzou is stuck in a league with us, we are ok...........no way either of these teams gets excluded from BCS

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The "Tired of Politics" Thread was ridiculously long,  into the hundreds of pages if i remember correctly. 

True, but I never got tired of reading it.  ::)

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Be careful what you wish for.  If the TX/OK schools stay, the BXII might just cherry-pick TCU/UC/UL or WVU if available, leaving us in even worse shape.

If it's going to 16 anyway then  the two weakest should be the first to strike. Sign huge guarantees. It's essentially 2 smaller conferences that have a championship game. I don't believe either league office has the cojones to do it though. They will just wait to pick up the pieces after their conferences get picked apart.

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

As long as WVU or Mizzou is stuck in a league with us, we are ok...........no way either of these teams gets excluded from BCS

+1.

I think Baylor and Iowa State will be the ones pushing hard for Big XII expansion, but all the remaining teams over there will because they'll want to keep the TV contract.  

I think we'll be okay.  Beebe will want to keep it together for the Big XII.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

don't get too excited-- it was more or less a joke by the initial poster-- some took it for real and gave us some props but the majority were saying no way (and honestly-- I am not surprised)

the amount of disinformation about our school is pretty alarming though -- too many of their posters were going crazy with the commuter school tag (thanks Fowler -- you continually drop that little gem every chance you get when talking about us- even though I doubt you have ever been to the campus OR know how many people live on it and in the immediate surrounding area--  you bag of crap)

oops-- tangent

anyway-- I wouldn't even bother worrying about the SEC adding us-- they are above all that. AnNd honestly-- do you think we belong in that conference? I don't

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

impact of the football teams leaving the Big East---

will the basketball schools be expecting us to pay them for the right to leave a dying football conference? I think they should get bent

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Rumor on Mizzou board is that WVU's application was rejected by SEC. I can't judge the accuracy of it (gswaim tweet, they say).

Not only did WVU fight against the South, they became their own separate state. 

My SEC friends say that is why they should not be in SEC.

Proves my earlier post about the SEC = Confederacy... Mizzou will get an invite, it was a Confederate State

Mizzou, Kentucky, Maryland, and Delaware were all slave states that stayed in the Union. West Virginia broke away from Virginia during the war.

slavery has nothin to do with it... its all about who fought for who... Kentucky an Mizzou both fought for both sides, whereas Maryland was neutral.

Most states played both sides of the fence and no one was neutral. Georgia and Alabama had Union regiments form. Northerners left their home and joined the Confederate armies.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Cannot believe we are freaking seriously discussing the civil war and its implications related to the current conference realignment news.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

impact of the football teams leaving the Big East---

will the basketball schools be expecting us to pay them for the right to leave a dying football conference? I think they should get bent

They will get all the basketball credits from the tourney. Big money. Plus they keep the name

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah, I know many want little moderation, it would help to stay on topic.

Archived