• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

If this is true, shame on us...

Considering this info is coming from inside Pitt, I'm hesitant to believe it.  Spinning the story to justify themselves, especially after the rest of the Big East is not happy with them.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

If this is true, shame on us...

Considering this info is coming from inside Pitt, I'm hesitant to believe it.  Spinning the story to justify themselves, especially after the rest of the Big East is not happy with them.

Agreed

• Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

Someone, non news source tweeted this recently,

Word has it WVU, USF, & ND will be coming to the SEC after aTm. ND? That is way outta left field & stupid

ridiculous... might as well say Florida is moving the the MEAC.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

My home newspaper has a lot of links on this subject linked to this page on their site:

Around the web: College football realignment

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/articles/2011/09/19/20110919college-football-realignment-superconferences-news.html

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Word has it WVU, USF, & ND will be coming to the SEC after aTm. ND? That is way outta left field & stupid

Please let this be true.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I gots to see how how the commish is holding Pitt and Cuse to their 27 month contractual agreement, ignoring the buyout clause.

It's not "wait 27 months OR pay the buyout," it's "wait 27 months AND pay the buyout."

• Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

ridiculous... might as well say Florida is moving the the MEAC.

I would imagine that if you had told someone from UCF that USF was going to move to the Big East out of CUSA back then, they would have the same reaction.

its the ND that I don't get... their basketball is in the best bb conference and the football has that nbc deal.  for them to go to the SEC, it would take a deal that would allow them to keep that nbc contract.  not impossible, but unlikely.

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

I gots to see how how the commish is holding Pitt and Cuse to their 27 month contractual agreement, ignoring the buyout clause.

That IS the buyout clause. Five million plus 27 months notice.

• Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

If whats true?  That we may have bllocked UCF?  Just like we may be blocked by UF and FSU?

Blocking UCF makes good business sense for us.  Kind of like how letting is in to compete directly with these other "storied" programs is dangerous for them.

In other words, I'm all for it :)  Unfortunately, I am really confused as to which non-leftovers conference would have a real interest in having us.

Archived