• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF claims they are on schedule with USF in 2014

Just curious. If the deal was anything other than a home and home series (meaning USF benefits more), would you be okay with signing a deal to play UCF?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I say we take the WVU stance and demand a 2 for 1. If they're so bonered up to play us, they'll have to accept. If they can beat us in our house, or beat us two years in a row, then we'll consider an equal home and home series.

You may throw up the horns, but you're not Texas. An ACC and SEC school agreed to 1-1 w/ UCF, USF can also if they want to play. Hope it's a conference game sooner(2012) to introduce you to Mr. Godfrey

No, but we beat you all four times and we do have the right to set up a series as we see fit. If UCF was unwilling to accept, then we should move on.

Already overhyping Godfrey? Not too surprising I guess.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I say we take the WVU stance and demand a 2 for 1. If they're so bonered up to play us, they'll have to accept. If they can beat us in our house, or beat us two years in a row, then we'll consider an equal home and home series.

You may throw up the horns, but you're not Texas. An ACC and SEC school agreed to 1-1 w/ UCF, USF can also if they want to play. Hope it's a conference game sooner(2012) to introduce you to Mr. Godfrey

Last time you wanted to introduce us to your star player, I believe his name was Kevin Smith and you all assured us he would run all over our Big Least of a defense. What happened? Oh yeah, 55 yards rushing in the first half before he got benched to save him for the rest of the season.

Kevin Smith scored more points for USF than he did for UCF in the games we played against one another. Enough said.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't think we gain anything from this game but whatever.  Also this beng scheduled as OOC should tell everyone something about UCF's shot at getting into the BE. 

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN Big East Blog post:

Central Florida is still waiting and hoping for a Big East invitation. But whether the Knights ever get one, they will soon be playing South Florida again on a regular basis.

At least that's what UCF head coach George O'Leary said at an alumni function on Thursday, according to the Tampa Tribune. O'Leary said the USF-UCF series, which has been dormant since 2008, will resume by 2015.

"We're on the docket to play a home-and-home series and we'll try to make that a yearly thing, hopefully every Thanksgiving," O'Leary said. "That's something that is a no-brainer. For the life of me I don't understand why people don't want to do that."

There was no confirmation of this from South Florida officials, who clearly wanted to end the series while the Knights wanted to keep playing. The Bulls have far less to gain in this confrontation, but they are 4-0 all-time in "The War on I-4."

I think these two teams should play, because it's a natural rivalry that is far more interesting for fans than playing Stony Brook, Western Kentucky or Florida Atlantic. UCF is on the rise, coming off an 11-3 record last season, and that should make for some competitive games going forward.

The Thanksgiving time frame, though, doesn't make a lot of sense. With the Big East going to eight conference games when TCU arrives, the league should save that weekend for its showcase conference matchups. Unless, you know, this becomes one of those.

We should increase visitor ticket prices for that game to make some nice money off of them, or force their school to buy more tickets from our office.  I've always appreciated the Knights supporting USF athletics like when they brought so many fans to the game when we beat their ass by 50 points.  Nice.

• Content Count:  5,241

If its true, cool. Its always a fun game despite the drivel between both fans on here.

If its not true, then we should laugh at O'leary again and slowly watch this fade into oblivion

No, but we beat you all four times and we do have the right to set up a series as we see fit. If UCF was unwilling to accept, then we should move on.

Already overhyping Godfrey? Not too surprising I guess.

what else would you expect from these fools?  this is their level of success - winning and unproven recruit and beating a bad UGA team.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

do_not_want.jpg

do-not-want.jpg

political-pictures-qe2-do-not-want.jpg

do_not_want8.jpg

omg-do-not-want!.jpg

winston_do_not_want.JPG

bush-do-not-want.gif

do_not_want_top_100-s480x358-148890.jpg

c2066983e8.jpg

captions03211.jpg?w=500&h=332

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

do_not_want.jpg

do-not-want.jpg

political-pictures-qe2-do-not-want.jpg

do_not_want8.jpg

winston_do_not_want.JPG

bush-do-not-want.gif

do_not_want_top_100-s480x358-148890.jpg

c2066983e8.jpg

captions03211.jpg?w=500&h=332

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,531
  • Days Won:  422

No one in the country is going to look at this game and think we are deigning ourselves by playing UCF.  The OSU plays Cincy, WVU plays Marshall, Penn State plays Temple... Big time programs play little brother programs all the time to no real detriment their reputation.  If anything, this is an opportunity to prove to the college football world that UCF is that little brother program to us. 

Good Lord, please take off the Green and Gold goggles!! We are NOT a big time program like Ohio State, not even as big as WVU ... but to play along ... OSU has played Cincy 4 times and is scheduled for 2 more. 5 did or are taking place AT OSU. WVU's deal with Marshall isn't quite as one sided but is still in favor of WVU. If we're going to play UCF, with nothing to gain, we should at least get the home games in our favor ... which, of course, UCF won't agree to because they are God's gift to college football.

Archived