• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF claims they are on schedule with USF in 2014

Just curious. If the deal was anything other than a home and home series (meaning USF benefits more), would you be okay with signing a deal to play UCF?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

Just cause O'Leary said something doesnt make it true...that being said, UCF wanted it so bad the first time around and we saw what happened.  What will they say when we beat them four more times?

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

tumblr_lj5ie58WU11qhnqsco1_250.gif

This post sums up why we don't want to deal with you.

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

It has its pros and cons

Pros

1) Almost a guaranteed sellout every time

2) Easy away game to travel to

3) Fun atmosphere

Cons

1) We have to play UCF....

2) God forbid we lose, we hear about it for years and years to come

3) Possibility of being associated more with the UCF/FAU/FIU types rather than UF/FSU/UM

4) They'll try to use it as a recruiting leverage ("We play a BCS school and our 'rival' every year")

In all, I don't like the move. I'd much rather us hound other schools for series

It doesn't matter though, by that time we'll have our BE and National Championship trophies, so they won't have a chance in hell of winning.  ;D

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

George O'Leary's cow claims the "rivalry" is on. Do we have a rivalry with Ball state, too?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/report-oleary-says-usf-ucf-rivalry-rekindled

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

this does absolutely nothing for USF. Beating UF, FSU, UM or Auburn will catapult us up the ranking, beating UCF might actually lower our ranking a bit.

• Content Count:  1,474
  • Days Won:  0

this does absolutely nothing for USF. Beating UF, FSU, UM or Auburn will catapult us up the ranking, beating UCF might actually lower our ranking a bit.

To play devils advocate... UCF was ranked last year. They have a good team. That said.. What the hell is that picture that 813knight posted? I guess when you have never beaten a team before, you can only go up. I mean, i do hate them more than Miami (barely), UF, and FSU. But the fact remains, that they are our competition to enter among the ranks of the Big 3 (4). If UCF becomes a BCS team, it would hurt us. There's not much room for 5 BCS teams in the same state to be in the national spotlight.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I'll wait for a more credible source ... but if it is true, I'm all for getting them in the BE then. It's NOT a win-win situation for both programs the way it stands now. If we're going to play them, at least make it MEAN something.

It's in both papers this morning... I doubt Greg and Adam would both run with it if it didn't have legs.... Agree though... If we're going to have to do this atleast make it worth something.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Oh Noes...

• Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

If it is going to be OCC game.  Thanksgiving is perfect weekend.  It will help fill seats in what would be a low attendance game.

Archived