• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF claims they are on schedule with USF in 2014

Just curious. If the deal was anything other than a home and home series (meaning USF benefits more), would you be okay with signing a deal to play UCF?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

So can we assume that by restarting the "rivalry" they are not joining the BE like they've told every recruit for the last few years? No sense in setting up a home-and-home if they will be on the schedule anyways right?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Leavitt had vision? He shot himself in the foot on that one. For such a tough guy he sure came across as afraid to play them. The fan base that backs that up makes us look weak.  Everyone else can see that but some of you.

Looks to me like CJL's strategy worked just fine. Leavitt wanted to build a program, not appease a bunch of children in Orlando and, apparently, Tampa. Looks to me like the strategy worked perfectly. Waited to play them until we could give them a good game, kicked their ass four times in a row and moved on. There's very little upside to playing them right now and not a good move for the program ... Most can see that but some of you.

And this "afraid to play" drivel is nothing but simple minded ******** ... You do what's best for the program, screw how it looks.

I agree with you on both points.

• Content Count:  639

I say we take the WVU stance and demand a 2 for 1. If they're so bonered up to play us, they'll have to accept. If they can beat us in our house, or beat us two years in a row, then we'll consider an equal home and home series.

You may throw up the horns, but you're not Texas. An ACC and SEC school agreed to 1-1 w/ UCF, USF can also if they want to play. Hope it's a conference game sooner(2012) to introduce you to Mr. Godfrey

• Content Count:  138

Leavitt had vision? He shot himself in the foot on that one. For such a tough guy he sure came across as afraid to play them. The fan base that backs that up makes us look weak.  Everyone else can see that but some of you.

Looks to me like CJL's strategy worked just fine. Leavitt wanted to build a program, not appease a bunch of children in Orlando and, apparently, Tampa. Looks to me like the strategy worked perfectly. Waited to play them until we could give them a good game, kicked their *** four times in a row and moved on. There's very little upside to playing them right now and not a good move for the program ... Most can see that but some of you.

And this "afraid to play" drivel is nothing but simple minded ******** ... You do what's best for the program, screw how it looks.

Yeah, it was great when Miami looked like they were going to lock for good but that isn't the case. I'm pretty sure that UCF and USF are some of the geographically closest FBS programs in the nation.  Like it or not, not playing UCF the past few years has helped them grow leaps and bounds because they look good playing inferior conference opponents, and can get off saying that they are in a better situation than USF. They ended the year ranked and are getting sucked up to by every major media outlet when we all know very well that USF would have had the same results with that schedule.

As a team in our backyard, we also have to take advantage of the opportunity to take them to the woodshed.  They have an OCS, they’ve pumped money into athletics.  The look good and coaches consistently telling recruits that USF is afraid to play them actually works and it looks like that is the case.

I don’t get how you don’t see it. Kids watch these programs coming out of school. When one is bragging about a CUSA championship and a stadium, but can turn and look at a 50+ point shellacking at the hands of a legit football program, it helps set them straight. We don’t have that opportunity now because of a shortsighted program-building decision.

You say we have nothing to gain by playing them, and everything to lose. This is true of EVERY SINGLE non-BCS team we put on our schedule. UTEP, and particularly teams like FIU/FAU. What’s the difference there?

This all being said this could have been OLeary talking out his ass again. I do know that lining this up on Thanksgiving needs to be a crock, because that IS stupid.

• Content Count:  138

I missed when Godfrey became superman. He'll be nothing special to us. Geno Smith and Zach C are better and will be in much better offensive situations. It's not like our D doesn't have the opportunity to scrimmage against a talented dual threat QB either.

It will be a warm up before playing the rest of the BCS conference schedule. And Triple, I'm done, it's a fundamental difference of opinion that won't be won either way.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

I think we should relax as USF fans.  Right now it's just a two-game home and home.  We kick their asses twice more and move on once again. 

By the time we play them, we'll be so beyond their level they'll have to invoke a mercy rule on those bums in Orlando.  I can't wait to be 6-0 against them. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I love it.  The only down side is having to deal with the UCF clowns on the message boards again (in more volume).

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Looks to me like CJL's strategy worked just fine. Leavitt wanted to build a program, not appease a bunch of children in Orlando and, apparently, Tampa. Looks to me like the strategy worked perfectly. Waited to play them until we could give them a good game, kicked their *** four times in a row and moved on. There's very little upside to playing them right now and not a good move for the program ... Most can see that but some of you.

Yeah, it was great when Miami looked like they were going to lock for good but that isn't the case. I'm pretty sure that UCF and USF are some of the geographically closest FBS programs in the nation.  Like it or not, not playing UCF the past few years has helped them grow leaps and bounds because they look good playing inferior conference opponents, and can get off saying that they are in a better situation than USF. They ended the year ranked and are getting sucked up to by every major media outlet when we all know very well that USF would have had the same results with that schedule.

As a team in our backyard, we also have to take advantage of the opportunity to take them to the woodshed.  They have an OCS, they’ve pumped money into athletics.  The look good and coaches consistently telling recruits that USF is afraid to play them actually works and it looks like that is the case.

I don’t get how you don’t see it. Kids watch these programs coming out of school. When one is bragging about a CUSA championship and a stadium, but can turn and look at a 50+ point shellacking at the hands of a legit football program, it helps set them straight. We don’t have that opportunity now because of a shortsighted program-building decision.

You say we have nothing to gain by playing them, and everything to lose. This is true of EVERY SINGLE non-BCS team we put on our schedule. UTEP, and particularly teams like FIU/FAU. What’s the difference there?

This all being said this could have been OLeary talking out his ass again. I do know that lining this up on Thanksgiving needs to be a crock, because that IS stupid.

Hit the nail on the head. 

We probably lose more by NOT playing UCF than we do by putting them on the schedule.  UCF can claim C-USA championships and Top 25 rankings, but have never been truly tested.  There's no better comparison for our programs than a head-to-head matchup and I'm confident we can beat UCF twice more. 

No one in the country is going to look at this game and think we are deigning ourselves by playing UCF.  The OSU plays Cincy, WVU plays Marshall, Penn State plays Temple... Big time programs play little brother programs all the time to no real detriment their reputation.  If anything, this is an opportunity to prove to the college football world that UCF is that little brother program to us. 

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I say we take the WVU stance and demand a 2 for 1. If they're so bonered up to play us, they'll have to accept. If they can beat us in our house, or beat us two years in a row, then we'll consider an equal home and home series.

You may throw up the horns, but you're not Texas. An ACC and SEC school agreed to 1-1 w/ UCF, USF can also if they want to play. Hope it's a conference game sooner(2012) to introduce you to Mr. Godfrey

Last time you wanted to introduce us to your star player, I believe his name was Kevin Smith and you all assured us he would run all over our Big Least of a defense. What happened? Oh yeah, 55 yards rushing in the first half before he got benched to save him for the rest of the season.

• Content Count:  64

Honestly I am for this.  I hate to admit it but its the best rivalry game that he have going.  As much i would love to say Yea we have Miami or FSU, but those schools look at us like we look at UCF.  I also think this benefits us by strengthening our school pride.  I always felt like our fans had more pride in our school while we were playing that series.  And building more loyal fans is never a bad thing.

Archived