• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF claims they are on schedule with USF in 2014

Just curious. If the deal was anything other than a home and home series (meaning USF benefits more), would you be okay with signing a deal to play UCF?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

tampa tribune writer created this story, not Orlando Sentinel or Oleary.

It was a mistake to stop playing UCF, natural rivalries are what college athletics are all about but

:deadhorse

The only people that think it was a mistake to stop playing you guys are UCF fans and Smazza. I wonder why that is.

this board is the minority of your fanbase. most of your fans loved the game

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I would disagree with that

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

It was a mistake to stop playing UCF, natural rivalries are what college athletics are all about but

There can only be 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

The only people that think it was a mistake to stop playing you guys are UCF fans and Smazza. I wonder why that is.

Link?

• Content Count:  1,741

Until they are listed here, do not believe it.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/ucf_future.htm

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Regarding the poll question I would only be in favor of playing UCF again if there was some kind of a traveling rivalry trophy and USF got to pick when we would play UCF, and UCF paid us to play them just like all of the other cup cakes...

Marshall has to pay WV to play them... Ohio has to pay Ohio State... Alabama State has to pay Alabama... this is what happens when you have a one sided rivalry.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Not a bad idea, Dixie.

• Content Count:  4,642

USF needs to make sure that we get a great deal of money to play these guys if it happens.  they want to play us pretty badly, so we need to charge a HUGE fee if we play in Orlando.

• Content Count:  4,642

can we please change the deadhorse emoticon?  why did we have to use one that consistently beats the horse's genitals?  :P  :D

• Content Count:  2,523

I think taking them off the schedule at the time when we were picking up Miami was the perfect move.  Miami isn't coming back any time soon, you can bet on that and FSU/UF games will be few and far between after beating FSU and having UF on the ropes. 

That leaves an opening in future schedules and I for one look at it like this.  Football games are during hunting/fishing season.  Would I not go hunting/fishing for the entire weekend for a few hours of USF vs. WKU, Indiana, Ball State, UTEP etc.?  Heck no.  It's an automatic win and there's no emotion between the fan bases.  When we play these schools, do we ever get any interesting back and forth going between rival fans on here? 

College football is entertainment.  Playing those teams is not entertaining and are we getting anything out of it?  Not like it's opening up new recruiting areas we need.

Faced with playing these schools, I'd be all for signing up UCF to play.  If it rubs you guys so wrong, then give them the same deal UF gave us. Play us at Ray Jay or not at all.  If they want it as bad as we want to play UF, they'll take it.  i for one have no problem playing them 1 and 1 as it makes an even bigger statement beating them in their house.

Make no mistake, UCF is pulling a few kids we'd love to have.  If we had continued beating them the last few seasons, we'd have those guys too and they'd be worse. 

If we were scheduling exciting matchups with our slots, then I'd be all for leaving them off the schedule, but when I see the boring matchups we're signing then to me that's a wasted weekend.

I don't know about you guys, but I really enjoy beating their brains in and it doesn't get old...Don't tell me that when we had our 2nd and 3rd string QBs throwing TDs that even that wasn't more exciting than the first quarter of games against these other schools.

Archived