• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF claims they are on schedule with USF in 2014

Just curious. If the deal was anything other than a home and home series (meaning USF benefits more), would you be okay with signing a deal to play UCF?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

you used the FSU game example, well they will never agree to play a long series with USF...I know that was a well attended game by your students, why? b/c it's IN STATE. You don't have student traveling in bulk to Piscataway or Morgantown. You don't have that advantage of driving distance. And the Big East Champ lost to Temple last year, don't tell me the level of play is that much higher. CUSA is not a good conference but UCF had a quality Football Team that was top 25 in 2 polls

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

you used the FSU game example, well they will never agree to play a long series with USF

He used the FSU game as an example of the inaccuracy of one of your statements. Nobody has said FSU will be a rival ... in fact, in his post, Flip said just the opposite. If you're going to continue to respond, at least take a few minutes to read and actually comprehend what you're reading ...

And the Big East Champ lost to Temple last year, don't tell me the level of play is that much higher. CUSA is not a good conference but UCF had a quality Football Team that was top 25 in 2 polls

Just stop ... Quality football teams have at least one win over a team with a winning record. The Top 25 rankings were a ******* joke. Sagarin, who takes the human cluelessness factor out for the most part, had you ranked at 42 ... a much more plausible spot.

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

it's funny the denial that is a one sided interest at least on here...if you go to the ESPN Big East blog and the UCF comes up in a Big East expansion article or a UCF vs USF post, the blog blows up w/ hits and comments from Bulls fans. It goes beyond athletics. It's a natural hate and that's my whole point why it's a fun game to keep on the schedule every year. No other name riles your fans up despite the constant denials. In State games are fun for everyone, with only a 9 team conference there is room to make it happen but who knows what Woolard/Holtz think about it.

• Content Count:  21,332
  • Days Won:  10

it's funny the denial that is a one sided interest at least on here...if you go to the ESPN Big East blog and the UCF comes up in a Big East expansion article or a UCF vs USF post, the blog blows up w/ hits and comments from Bulls fans. It goes beyond athletics. It's a natural hate and that's my whole point why it's a fun game to keep on the schedule every year. No other name riles your fans up despite the constant denials. In State games are fun for everyone, with only a 9 team conference there is room to make it happen but who knows what Woolard/Holtz think about it.

I think that is really because after 4 losses your fans just don't get it.  For some reason your fan base acts like the are a BCS contender every year.  So, I would say your fans start it.  Just watch the ucf.rivals.com forum this fall, you will see anti USF posts weekly, especially if we lose.  That really does not happen on this site regarding UCF.   

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

you used the FSU game example

Yes, I did use FSU as an example since you said this:

No other away game on your schedule got the student travel, passion, and tailgate than the UCF game.

Are you really going to even try and dispute that?

well they will never agree to play a long series with USF...I know that was a well attended game by your students, why? b/c it's IN STATE. You don't have student traveling in bulk to Piscataway or Morgantown. You don't have that advantage of driving distance. And the Big East Champ lost to Temple last year, don't tell me the level of play is that much higher. CUSA is not a good conference but UCF had a quality Football Team that was top 25 in 2 polls

If the game is in state then how are you going to explain why there weren't more fans at the UCF game in 2006? You had the larger stadium to hold however many fans wanted to go. Since our fan base had a better "advantage of driving distance" you would think that they would have shown up better at UCF. Again, the bottom line is that the USF-UCF game is not as big as you try to make it out to be. Again, the 2007 game had the higher attendance due to our ranking at that time.

Who cares about what UConn did with Temple? UConn sucked the first few weeks of the season and put it together. The level of play in the Big East is better than what you have in C-USA. Being a "quality" team in C-USA is still not a springboard to thinking you're that good a team, let alone a Top 25 team. Keep trying to hang you hat on that Top 25 poll. Any fan outside of UCF knows that there were more than 25 teams that could have gone undefeated with the same schedule last season.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Denial? The proof is in the pudding. Look at the attendance in 2005 and 2006. The way you speak you would think that there would have been more people in the stands, regardless of either teams record. 2007 was USF being ranked #5 that drove the attendance. 2008 you had a smaller stadium, but I think it's safe to say that there wasn't going to be much more in the stadium than what you had.

I think the thing that you still don't get is that there isn't really that much of a "natural hate" from our side. Yes, I am sure we have some fans that do fall into that category, but I could honestly care less if you win or lose. I wouldn't categorize saying the name "UCF" riles us up. I am more amused that you continue to try and pump up something that just isn't there.

It also amuses me that you bring up the room on the schedule to "make it happen", yet you guys continually fill your OOC before USF and then cry wolf about it.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You're fan base has been trashing our program and university all over the internet for years (even before we ever played) and because of this some of our fans with to much time on our hands have become trolls themselves.  Don't read to much into people like FLsportsfan (and his many aliases) they are vast minority of our fanbase.  There are also fans out there that won't just let your fans try to tarnish our image or spew the delusional garbage that you knights believe everytime USF is brought up in a comment section or board they happen to be on.  One side has a legitimate hatred and a **** load of jealously (UCF) while the other just finds the first REALLY ******* ANNOYING.  

• Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I actually would love to play UCF in 2014 to shut them up. I think this matchup would be a lot of fun especially when it comes to tailgating. Tampa would be happening if these 2 teams played especially with so many UCF fans/alumni that live in the area.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

It's a natural hate

It's a natural hate like humans hate cockroaches ... and we don't go out of our way finding new ways to be around cockroaches more, do we?

Guest nybullsfan

It's a natural hate

It's a natural hate like humans hate cockroaches ... and we don't go out of our way finding new ways to be around cockroaches more, do we?

HOF post. This sums it up in a single sentence.

Archived