• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

jim leavitt and usf settle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

For all that was made out about this.....this is getting almost NO coverage nationally. ESPN has this down as like the 10th article on their College Football Page.....not the front page. Just a little AP blurb.

This is basically how the Kansas situation was handled from the start.....I wonder if USF knew now what it knew then.....would it just have been easier to present CJL a settlement from the start? Did they have that kind of money available then? Or did it require dragging this out before both sides accepted this was probably in the best interests of everybody?

I'm guessing that's your answer .... and of course it's buried on ESPN, there's no bling factor ... especially since we're not that big of a player on the national stage ... yet.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Predictable really.  USF doesn't want this to go to a trial because that's expensive and messy.  Leavitt is not guaranteed anything if there is some dirt on him.  So USF pays money to make it all go away and Leavitt's reputation ends up getting cleaned up a bit in many eyes. 

So this is officially over and we can continue to be happy with Holtz as our HC.  Good luck to Leavitt wherever he goes.  I still think he eventually ends up at KState to succeed Bill Snyder.  I think he is now a little more free to pursue that with this all wrapped up.

• Content Count:  742
  • Days Won:  0

so since he settled...does he still have baggage? How would other colleges view this whole ordeal? Just wondering.

I cannot speak for other colleges since I am not them. But being someone that has hired people in the past there is no way that this would not come into consideration when thinking about hiring him.

KSU makes the most sense.

• Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Not to toot my own horn, but...toot  ;)

back to the topic at hand: i fully believe that a lawsuit will never be forthcoming as all of this was a horse and pony show instigated by usf. i believe that usf put the millers in contact with cohen and are trying to use his presence in an underhanded attempt to undermine leavitt's very strong wrongful termination claim. at the end of the day look for leavitt to get $2 to $3 million

USF handled the situation completely wrong, regardless of what Leavitt did or didn't do. I'm happy that the University can put this behind them at a relatively reasonable dollar figure and that Coach Leavitt can now focus on his true passion in life once again. Here is to good things in the future to all the parties involved.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

back to the topic at hand: i fully believe that a lawsuit will never be forthcoming as all of this was a horse and pony show instigated by usf. i believe that usf put the millers in contact with cohen and are trying to use his presence in an underhanded attempt to undermine leavitt's very strong wrongful termination claim. at the end of the day look for leavitt to get $2 to $3 million

USF handled the situation completely wrong, regardless of what Leavitt did or didn't do. I'm happy that the University can put this behind them at a relatively reasonable dollar figure and that Coach Leavitt can now focus on his true passion in life once again. Here is to good things in the future to all the parties involved.

Not sure how you can say there was an attempt to undermine the wrongful termination claim.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Great news for everyone!  I read the news on ESPN this morning on the front page of the website.  Now lets all move on.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

... Here is to good things in the future to all the parties involved.

Agreed !

• Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Not sure how you can say there was an attempt to undermine the wrongful termination claim.

That was referencing the Miller's , USF, and Barry Cohen's posturing to file a lawsuit against Jim Leavitt.

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Who pays?  The Athletic department or the University in general?  Does this impact our future athletic budget?  My guess is no but I don't know for sure.

Good luck Coach Leavitt, thank you for all you have done.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

That was referencing the Miller's , USF, and Barry Cohen's posturing to file a lawsuit against Jim Leavitt.

Toot away, Pulpit. I'm not a lawyer, but that's pretty damned intuitive.

Archived