• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

jim leavitt and usf settle

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

it's over...why are you guys still arguing over it? Nothing you can do about it now.

As opposed to that time when we could do something about it ....?   ::)

you could have done something, you just didn't try hard enough. Where there's a will, there's a way  ;D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

it's over...why are you guys still arguing over it? Nothing you can do about it now.

you could have done something, you just didn't try hard enough. Where there's a will, there's a way  ;D

**** it .... I hate when that happens.

Actually, everything worked out pretty well as far as I'm concerned ... If I had gotten involved, Lord knows what would have happened!  :D

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Actually, everything worked out pretty well as far as I'm concerned ... If I had gotten involved, Lord knows what would have happened!  :D

that's what I'm thinking....

Guest nybullsfan

that's what I'm thinking....

+1 LOL

You seem to not care about how coaches treat players..

Not true at all ... I think Bear Bryant should have been locked up for endangering the Junction Boys the way he did ... and if any go to those extremes today, I'd think the same thing. What you're getting your panties in a wad over, the insults, what you consider verbal "abuse", probably goes on, in some form, at the majority of major college football programs in this country .... maybe smazza should concoct some sort of class action suit.

If they can't take verbal abuse, they are wimps. If they can't take being degraded, they are wimps. That's from your take on Pat White and Michigan football player's statements about Rich Rod's demeanor to student athletes.l They can't take insults and verbally abusive behavior so they are wimps

Actually, the term I used was pansies and obviously those players COULD take the abuse because none of them quit ... and probably, deep down, they understood it was part of the process of making them better players ...

That same behavior that Rich Rod displays is banned here.  Why? Because insulting people and attacking them is pretty much wrong in any situation. But you seem to think on a playing field or locker room it is.

If we thought imitating the same type behavior in here that RR displayed would make better posters and ultimately a better board, we'd let you fling away unabated .... but, alas, I don't think that would be the result.

Yes I think the abuse should stop. You don't think it has any impact on the player and his relationships throughout the rest of their life? You don't hear about football players girlfriend's/wives being abused? Of their kids?

If there are some kind of studies backing up those contentions, that football players have a noticeably higher rate of spouse and child abuse I would seriously like to see them ...

Coaches have brought teams to the pinnacle of their sport without acting despicable in practice. You may think its OK to treat people like crap in certain situations. When students and educators are involved, no excuse for this behavior that you and others condone. If you think that is BS you need to sit down with Tony Dungy and let him explain it to you.

Never said it was the ONLY way. Different coaching styles can produce the same results ... ie, winning .... but, also, the term "Nice guys finish last" wasn't just pulled out of thin air.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Triple B is right.  things worked out fine given the circumstances.

CJL got a handsome settlement that was partially worded as a payment for his effort in making usf football nationally recognized

USF and CJL can move on.

only one mad is the lawyer on board

only one mad is the lawyer on board

Slick doesn't seem too keen on it because he believes it has now potentially exposed thousands of college football players to rampant abuse ...

I, honestly, kind if see where he's coming from but I still think it's an overeaction of Biblical proportions ...

Archived