• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WTF: Wednesday vs. Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

QUESTIONS:

1 How many Wednesday games have we played?

2 Educabull, really?

3 Sunburned, where were your seats for football?

4 Does wtf mean "Wednesday game This Fall"?

GO BULLS!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

QUESTIONS:

2 Educabull, really?

GO BULLS!

1 but plan for far more in the future. we are espn's ***** and the SEC and ACC will take over thursdays

can't fault the educator of our children for wanting a clear head and a good nights rest

I'd rather be gaining season ticket holders not losing them. I woul;dn't want to lose our best donors so I could sit at the 50

WTF means we have 3 weeknight games in a row. that's bush league

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

QUESTIONS:

2 Educabull, really?

GO BULLS!

1 but plan for far more in the future. we are espn's ***** and the SEC and ACC will take over thursdays

can't fault the educator of our children for wanting a clear head and a good nights rest

I'd rather be gaining season ticket holders not losing them. I woul;dn't want to lose our best donors so I could sit at the 50

Again I ask, what do we, as fans, do to stop this perceived insanity?

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

QUESTIONS:

2 Educabull, really?

GO BULLS!

Again I ask, what do we, as fans, do to stop this perceived insanity?

we don't make the schedule. write woolard I guess. tell him NDs AD  got fired for scheduling weak. the new guy signs neutral site games with OU instead of 1 and dones with san jose state. that will help their program in the long run.

hopefully he figures out wednesday night games won't draw in casual fans and they alienate some season ticket holders. 5k less season ticket holders at a wednesday night game compared to a saturday is an awful lot of disgruntled customers. nobody wants to pay good money and get nothing in return.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

this is what happens when revenue to an athletic department becomes more important than the actual fans themselves.

Ughhhh.....how is the school gonna make more money playing on a Wednesday night over a Saturday?

Do you seriously think this was 100% USF's fault?

Do you prefer NOT to have national exposure?

Ughhhh.....you don't think ESPN pays us to be on Wednesday night? why else would they do it? Not to please their fans that's for sure.

Yes the home team decides whether they want to take a midweek game or not.

National exposure on a Wednesday? It's one thing for a thursday night or even maybe a friday but wednesday is bush league and you look bush league playing on a wednesday. that's not the national reputation you want with all that "exposure".

It's a money grab plain and simple. and it shows a lack of respect for the fans that pay donations and attend the games to pay their overpriced salaries.

hmmm....

Only game on TV vs  One of a hundred games on TV

You guys are ridiculous...  

Lack of respect for the gan?  geez...

You want to take care of this, stop ********, stop paying, stop donating, stop caring and we can go back to the early 90's and drop football.

You want football, you want to be good?  It takes money and exposure!  

Overpriced salaries?  Really, you think we can hire someone for 50K to come in here and dedicate their lives to winning the University football games?

Why do you think these top tier coaches are naming their salary b/c they can, b/c if we don't pay them someone else win.  Why is that?  Because they do win, and if they are not making us money by winning, they will make someone else money by winning.

You boys need to get your heads out of the sand and wake up to the real world, it takes money and effort and these things aren't cheap.

great locker room speech. way to rally the troops!

there are plenty of lower tier successful coaches that make less and I wasn't even talking about the coaches. I was talking about the AD. If all it took was money then ND would have won the NC for the last 10 years.

Woolard better realize that the way he scheduled this year is going to have a long term negative effect on the program.

sure scheduling 3 crappy OOC opponents and a wednesday night game this year might be good for the bottom line this year but notice all the empty seats(no shows). there are plenty of season ticket holders not coming to these games.

next year when their donation is due and they have to decide whether to renew they might think there is a better way to spend their money. maybe little johnny needs braces and they can cut hundreds or even thousands from the budget by not renewing. they can easily get cheap scalped tickets the day of the game if they really want to go.

the blind loyalists on here are amazing. you're willing to be bent over and just ask for more.

the casual fan is what you need to fund a solid program and we won't be getting any by playing on a wednesday night. In fact if we keep it up we will be losing season ticket holders.

So without getting nasty with me, what EXACTLY have you done to express your displeasure with the 2010 schedule?  Have you made any calls to the AD's office?  Have you said anything to your Bulls Club or ticket rep?  Have you sent any letters to the AD or President of the University?

We know you've voiced it here.  And that is what a Message Board is for.  Put there aren't many here on the Board that can covey your displeasure with the situation.

Empty seats have always plagued this program (at least since I started attending games).  Any constructive criticism for the AD?  How do you solve this?  And don't tell me schedule UF here 'cause that ain't happenin.  Next year's schedule looks pretty good.  Part of the problem is the BE rotation.  We get WV, L'ville and Cinci all in the same year.  That is just an unfortunate circumstance that can't be change.

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

successful businesses put their customers first.

USF is not putting it's season ticket holders and donors first when they schedule crappy OOC opponents and Wednesday night games.

In the long run it will cost them those customers but hey at least we get a hundred grand and a 1 rating share for our trouble.

A lot of season ticket holders don't even show up for the games.

Jim

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

we will not draw as well on a wednesday than we will on a saturday given the same circumstances. you can argue that all you want but you are wrong.

Stop making up **** to help you not look ridiculous ... NOBODY is saying we will draw as well on Wednesday as we would on Saturday.

playing on a wednesday does not help us grow our fan base. it's not a night a casual college football fan will attend a game.

Again, NOBODY is saying that, either .... ****, man, it's easy to win these arguments when you're making up the positions for BOTH sides.

I'm not dumb enough to think that if we are 9-0 and playing UF on a wednesday night that we wouldn't draw better than if we were 0-8 and playing western kentucky on a saturday at 7 but to say the time and day have very little effect is naive at best.

we would draw at least 5k more if this same game were on a saturday at 7.(actual fans -not phony counts)

Serious question, do you have a reading comprehension problem? It looks like you're responding as if I said attendance doesn't matter based on what day and time it's played ... Shirley, you can't be serious?

Not miffed by it, but I'm old school...college football = Saturday games!  After much consideration, (weeknight games, poor home schedules, ticket holders/donors not as important as TV) we have decided not to renew our season tickets (football, basketball) or Bulls Club donation.  We'll  helping the program by watching games on TV thus helping the TV ratings,  or buying tickets to games we wish to attend on the resale market.

IMO, The BE needs more teams to make the season more than 3 or 4 home conference games really doesn't provider much to look forward too.  To me 9 or 11  teams (play all of them every year) would be the way to fly. 

3 week day games in arow

isa bit much

Pay attention, smazz, we're whining about week day home games and how they will be the death of the program ....

QUESTIONS:

18?

2 Educabull, really?

Honestly, I don't blame EB too much because his reaction was probably like a lot of ours when we first found out we had a Wednesday game. He's just learned a lesson about checking his tix, though.  ;)

:-X

Yes

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

So you take the ESPN money and use it to improve your athletic program.  Then when recruits come and see all the shiny things ESPN money bought they decide to play for USF.  The results on the field improve and you start to win conference titles and get larger bowl bids.  Wash, rinse, repeat for several years and then guess what happens.  You can schedule a game at 4am on a Tuesday and people will pack out the stadium.

The way to put people in the seats is winning consistently. That's it. There is no special sauce.  Just win, baby.  Also, this is ESPN's world we're just living in it.

Archived