• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WTF: Wednesday vs. Rutgers

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

successful businesses put their customers first.

USF is not putting it's season ticket holders and donors first when they schedule crappy OOC opponents and Wednesday night games.

In the long run it will cost them those customers but hey at least we get a hundred grand and a 1 rating share for our trouble.

then teach them a lesson big boy, don't go, don't give, see what happens.

I'm glad you're rooting for our program to go in the crapper.

If our program goes into the crapper because we played Wednesday night games, it never had a chance to begin with ....

you really think the right way to build a college football program is to play on wednesdays??

I think when and where you play has a miniscule effect on building a program ...

it's like a minister saying that holding services on  tuesdays at 11 am instead of  sundays at 11 am should have no effect on how he builds his congregation.

But what if God told him to hold his services then ....

really?? so if we played all our games on wednesdays at 11 am, you think that wouldn't effect attendance and eventually growth of our program.

that's absurd.

My bad .... I thought I was discussing this with someone rooted in the real world.

then his church would be out of business.

God wouldn't steer him wrong ..

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

More money to be made on ESPN than in the stands.

It *****, but I can deal with it if its like once every 4 years.

and that goes back to what I'm saying. USF is treating their donors and season ticket holders like crap. they can't expect to grow them by playing on wednesdays. they are more worried about the short term dollar gain and less about the long term season ticket holder base.

You conveniently ignored the rest of his post ..... You'd still whine if it was once every 4 years or so?

Personally I'm going. it sucks it's on a wednesday but I'll be there. I expect attendance to be terrible and i don't believe it's the best way to grow a fan base. there will be very few casual fans and many season ticket holders won't show.

what do they think when they scratch that check next year?

"I couldn't make the wednesday, WKU, FAU, and Stoney Brook don't really do it for me. I think I'll save the hundreds or thousands of dollars this year and scalp for the few games i'm interested in."

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

USF is not putting it's season ticket holders and donors first when they schedule crappy OOC opponents and Wednesday night games.

In the long run it will cost them those customers but hey at least we get a hundred grand and a 1 rating share for our trouble.

If our program goes into the crapper because we played Wednesday night games, it never had a chance to begin with ....

you really think the right way to build a college football program is to play on wednesdays??

I think when and where you play has a miniscule effect on building a program ...

it's like a minister saying that holding services on  tuesdays at 11 am instead of  sundays at 11 am should have no effect on how he builds his congregation.

really?? so if we played all our games on wednesdays at 11 am, you think that wouldn't effect attendance and eventually growth of our program.

that's absurd.

My bad .... I thought I was discussing this with someone rooted in the real world.

not sure what you mean by real world but you said time and place has very little effect. I disagree. You believe we should be able to play anytime, anywhere and bring in casual fans and turn them into die hards. That's not the case.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

More money to be made on ESPN than in the stands.

It *****, but I can deal with it if its like once every 4 years.

and that goes back to what I'm saying. USF is treating their donors and season ticket holders like crap. they can't expect to grow them by playing on wednesdays. they are more worried about the short term dollar gain and less about the long term season ticket holder base.

You conveniently ignored the rest of his post ..... You'd still whine if it was once every 4 years or so?

Personally I'm going. it sucks it's on a wednesday but I'll be there. I expect attendance to be terrible and i don't believe it's the best way to grow a fan base. there will be very few casual fans and many season ticket holders won't show.

what do they think when they scratch that check next year?

"I couldn't make the wednesday, WKU, FAU, and Stoney Brook don't really do it for me. I think I'll save the hundreds or thousands of dollars this year and scalp for the few games i'm interested in."

Sorry, I don't think that way and most of the season ticket holders I know don't either. Since you think Donno's solution is bad, how do you propose we, as fans, solve this problem?

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Sucks its on wed but oh well.

Hope with the win over cincy we can have 40k.

The bay area has alot of people from NJ and NY so hope that helps some even if it makes the stadium smell of hair grease lol

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

I have 10 season tickets and this will be the first game this year where ALL of the seats WILL have butts in them!!! I would never give up my seats even if we played exclusively on weeknights...lol I like it because then I can golf or whatnot on Sat. and still get to watch a bunch of college football.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

that's absurd.

not sure what you mean by real world but you said time and place has very little effect. I disagree. You believe we should be able to play anytime, anywhere and bring in casual fans and turn them into die hards. That's not the case.

Come on, man, you're not this dense .... Real world meaning REAL WORLD. They don't schedule games Wednesdays at 11:00 AM in the REAL WORLD ... and my point was, if I have to spell it out, is that what we accomplish on the field is how we build the program and a midweek game here and there and funky Saturday times will have minimal effect.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

So to those of you saying it's ridiculous to have a football game on a weekday night because people have to be up early, why do professional baseball, basketball, and hockey teams manage to schedule games on all days of the week? How about Sunday night and Monday night NFL games? Is it stupid for them too? Because nobody can attend sporting events on days when then next morning is a business day, right?

Just because something is not what you would personally want it to be, that doesn't mean it is "stupid."

Also, this game has been scheduled on Wednesday for months and months and months. You're getting upset about it five days before the game. Come on.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Also, I think any day of the week is a good day to watch USF whoop up on Rutgers. I can handle being tired the next day to watch that! :)

• Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

So to those of you saying it's ridiculous to have a football game on a weekday night because people have to be up early, why do professional baseball, basketball, and hockey teams manage to schedule games on all days of the week? How about Sunday night and Monday night NFL games? Is it stupid for them too? Because nobody can attend sporting events on days when then next morning is a business day, right?

Just because something is not what you would personally want it to be, that doesn't mean it is "stupid."

Also, this game has been scheduled on Wednesday for months and months and months. You're getting upset about it five days before the game. Come on.

Bravo, couldn't have said it better myself.  It's not bad at all, we were aware of the date when the schedule came out & it's the only non-Saturday HOME game all year.

Oh, and it'll be great seeing these guys and all their friends get smoked by the Bulls:

alg_jersey_shore_mtv.jpg

Archived