• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WTF: Wednesday vs. Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  1

I was making plans for next weekend since my 5 year-old daughter was asking when the next Bulls game was, so I checked my tickets and realized it was Wednesday night.  Who schedules these things?  I realize I'm just a teacher and a mid-week game is no big deal, but school starts early!!! 

I don't know.  Anyone else on this board miffed about this?  I realize I lurk more than post, but I just felt like venting a little this morning (It's a planning day so we have no students and my grades are already done).  >:(

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I agree its stupid and wednesday is no time for football because almost everyone has to get up the next day and go to work, school, etc. Unfortunately, ESPN has more sway with the university than I do.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

this is what happens when revenue to an athletic department becomes more important than the actual fans themselves.

• Content Count:  809

this is what happens when revenue to an athletic department becomes more important than the actual fans themselves.

Ughhhh.....how is the school gonna make more money playing on a Wednesday night over a Saturday?

Do you seriously think this was 100% USF's fault?

Do you prefer NOT to have national exposure?

Ughhhh.....how is the school gonna make more money playing on a Wednesday night over a Saturday?

Ughhhh.....you don't think ESPN pays us to be on Wednesday night? why else would they do it? Not to please their fans that's for sure.

Yes the home team decides whether they want to take a midweek game or not.

National exposure on a Wednesday? It's one thing for a thursday night or even maybe a friday but wednesday is bush league and you look bush league playing on a wednesday. that's not the national reputation you want with all that "exposure".

It's a money grab plain and simple. and it shows a lack of respect for the fans that pay donations and attend the games to pay their overpriced salaries.

• Content Count:  476

Plus it's a little earlier with a 7 pm start compared to 7:30 for Thursday games and 8 pm for Friday games. It'll make tailgating difficult for those working and going to the game.

• Content Count:  1,412

Ughhhh.....you don't think ESPN pays us to be on Wednesday night? why else would they do it? Not to please their fans that's for sure.

National exposure on a Wednesday? It's one thing for a thursday night or even maybe a friday but wednesday is bush league and you look bush league playing on a wednesday. that's not the national reputation you want with all that "exposure".

It's a money grab plain and simple. and it shows a lack of respect for the fans that pay donations and attend the games to pay their overpriced salaries.

hmmm....

Only game on TV vs  One of a hundred games on TV

You guys are ridiculous...  

Lack of respect for the gan?  geez...

You want to take care of this, stop ********, stop paying, stop donating, stop caring and we can go back to the early 90's and drop football.

You want football, you want to be good?  It takes money and exposure!  

Overpriced salaries?  Really, you think we can hire someone for 50K to come in here and dedicate their lives to winning the University football games?

Why do you think these top tier coaches are naming their salary b/c they can, b/c if we don't pay them someone else win.  Why is that?  Because they do win, and if they are not making us money by winning, they will make someone else money by winning.

You boys need to get your heads out of the sand and wake up to the real world, it takes money and effort and these things aren't cheap.

hmmm....

Only game on TV vs  One of a hundred games on TV

You guys are ridiculous...  

Lack of respect for the gan?  geez...

You want to take care of this, stop ********, stop paying, stop donating, stop caring and we can go back to the early 90's and drop football.

You want football, you want to be good?  It takes money and exposure!  

Overpriced salaries?  Really, you think we can hire someone for 50K to come in here and dedicate their lives to winning the University football games?

Why do you think these top tier coaches are naming their salary b/c they can, b/c if we don't pay them someone else win.  Why is that?  Because they do win, and if they are not making us money by winning, they will make someone else money by winning.

You boys need to get your heads out of the sand and wake up to the real world, it takes money and effort and these things aren't cheap.

great locker room speech. way to rally the troops!

there are plenty of lower tier successful coaches that make less and I wasn't even talking about the coaches. I was talking about the AD. If all it took was money then ND would have won the NC for the last 10 years.

Woolard better realize that the way he scheduled this year is going to have a long term negative effect on the program.

sure scheduling 3 crappy OOC opponents and a wednesday night game this year might be good for the bottom line this year but notice all the empty seats(no shows). there are plenty of season ticket holders not coming to these games.

next year when their donation is due and they have to decide whether to renew they might think there is a better way to spend their money. maybe little johnny needs braces and they can cut hundreds or even thousands from the budget by not renewing. they can easily get cheap scalped tickets the day of the game if they really want to go.

the blind loyalists on here are amazing. you're willing to be bent over and just ask for more.

the casual fan is what you need to fund a solid program and we won't be getting any by playing on a wednesday night. In fact if we keep it up we will be losing season ticket holders.

successful businesses put their customers first.

USF is not putting it's season ticket holders and donors first when they schedule crappy OOC opponents and Wednesday night games.

In the long run it will cost them those customers but hey at least we get a hundred grand and a 1 rating share for our trouble.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

I see nothing wrong with a Wed game. One game on coast to coast and ESPN gives us money which we need to fund our athletic program.

the 3 crappy OOC...we don't know what went into scheduling...these things happened years ago...maybe these were the best we could get at the time and with the $ we do have.

BTW did you see soon-to-be NC BSU play on a TUESDAY night...we one upped them by playing on Wed...

Archived