• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WTF: Wednesday vs. Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

BTW as a season ticket holder...wouldn't u look at your tickets and/or game schedule near the beginning of the season and see which day the games are on?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

successful businesses put their customers first.

USF is not putting it's season ticket holders and donors first when they schedule crappy OOC opponents and Wednesday night games.

In the long run it will cost them those customers but hey at least we get a hundred grand and a 1 rating share for our trouble.

then teach them a lesson big boy, don't go, don't give, see what happens.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I see nothing wrong with a Wed game. One game on coast to coast and ESPN gives us money which we need to fund our athletic program.

the 3 crappy OOC...we don't know what went into scheduling...these things happened years ago...maybe these were the best we could get at the time and with the $ we do have.

BTW did you see soon-to-be NC BSU play on a TUESDAY night...we one upped them by playing on Wed...

we'll be on at 4 pm on the west coast. woohoo

we need donors and season ticket holders to fund our program not a crappy wednesday night payout.

again the blind loyalists have every excuse in the book for Woolard's crappy home scheduling. "it was the best he could do" excuse is lame. UCF is signing better home and away deals than we are.

ND fired their AD in part because of his terrible scheduling. He brought it bottom rung one and dones. it hurt their program. their new AD is signing top notch neutral site games against top 10 programs.

No I don't watch college football on tuesday. so much for the exposure.

BTW it will only hurt them. people think it's bush league.

USF is not putting it's season ticket holders and donors first when they schedule crappy OOC opponents and Wednesday night games.

In the long run it will cost them those customers but hey at least we get a hundred grand and a 1 rating share for our trouble.

I'm glad you're rooting for our program to go in the crapper.

maybe when you're sitting in the stadium on a wednesday night in a game against western kentucky you can come on here and brag that you are one of the only 12k "die hards' left.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

Isn't this more of a conference thing when it comes to scheduling rather than the individual schools? I'm assuming that ESPN saw the matchups before the season and went to the BE with their "suggestions" ..... Does Woolard even have a say in the conference games days and times??

Isn't this more of a conference thing when it comes to scheduling rather than the individual schools? I'm assuming that ESPN saw the matchups before the season and went to the BE with their "suggestions" ..... Does Woolard even have a say in the conference games days and times??

home team makes the call.

that's why you see programs like FSU play on a thursday when they are on the road but not at home.

any big program that plays on a thursday is on the road just like USC at Oregon State, etc.

again I'm not totally against a thursday or even friday but wednesday is bush league.

the problem with the new ESPN deals with the ACC and SEC is that we will be pushed to wednesday nights and they will take thursday and friday nights.

• Content Count:  1,400

Wow slow sports week... This isn't the first weekgame we have ever played. FSU just played yesterday and Miami played two already. All the Conferences are playing during the week now including the Mighty SEC so to call us bushleague for playind during the week is ridiculous. I know we would all like a Sat 7pm kickoff with a clear sky and a cool breeze but you cant always get what you want so better get used to it.

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

BTW 3 of our top 5 best attended games occurred on weekdays.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

I'm glad you're rooting for our program to go in the crapper.

If our program goes into the crapper because we played Wednesday night games, it never had a chance to begin with ....

Wow slow sports week... This isn't the first weekgame we have ever played. FSU just played yesterday and Miami played two already. All the Conferences are playing during the week now including the Mighty SEC so to call us bushleague for playind during the week is ridiculous. I know we would all like a Sat 7pm kickoff with a clear sky and a cool breeze but you cant always get what you want so better get used to it.

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

BTW 3 of our top 5 best attended games occurred on weekdays.

it's wednesday!! nobody said anything about thursday or friday games. now that it's fashionable, teams from the SEC and ACC will play on thursdays leaving us with the scraps.

• Content Count:  5,241

More money to be made on ESPN than in the stands.

It sucks, but I can deal with it if its like once every 4 years.

Archived