• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WTF: Wednesday vs. Rutgers

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I can't believe this thread has reached 9 pages with this topic......again.

I can't believe you can't believe that ....  8-)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

There's an easy solution...

Dont-Feed-the-Trolls.png

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I can't believe Educabull just realized this was a Wednesday night game until just this past Friday?!? The schedule has been out for months.

There you go little troll  :D

There's an easy solution...

Dont-Feed-the-Trolls.png

I honestly believe there is a difference between outright trolls (I'll provide a list if requested) and misguided souls who just need to be shown the light .... although after 9 pages, I'm beginning to think this thread is the equivalent of a Black Hole.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

the BE is ESPNs *****.

Better than being CBSS's ***** ...

you're wrong.  CBS has two networks to schedule.  ESPN has four and will put you wherever they want.

Interesting way to look at it ... Pros and cons for each .... I'm not sure how many casual fans even realize there is a CBSS.

Thursday is the only prominent weeknight game in my opinion.  Now that the Thursday night game have become vogue the Big East has been pushed another rung down the ladder to Wednesday.

I think prominent weeknight is an oxymoron ....

i think thursday night is strong.  even the nfl has scheduled thursday games. 

also worth mentioning that one weeknight game is good for the program.  3 in a row?  kind of a joke

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I honestly believe there is a difference between outright trolls (I'll provide a list if requested) and misguided souls who just need to be shown the light .... although after 9 pages, I'm beginning to think this thread is the equivalent of a Black Hole.

I'd love to see the list.  ;D

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

3 weekdays games on a row is silly

no tradition can be developed but at the end of the day if usf wins whocares

Guest Sunburned

Don't care for wednesday games, but this would all be a moot point of USF was 7-0 and ranked and playing a 7-0 Rutgers.  Meaning, people would show up on a wednesday if both teams were winning

I set Saturdays (especially evenings) aside for USF football (unless family events are planned). We plan other things for the other days of the week.    Mid-week away games also aren't conducive to traveling, and  the fact that because of TV, and  Saturday game times (home or away) aren't set until close to game day making those more difficult to plan for too.  Whether the team is on a winning or losing streak really doesn't enter into the decision (in my case) to  attend a game or not.  IE: Rutgers & Pitt could be the biggest games of the year in 2010, but I won't be there, because I have other things scheduled on those days.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Don't care for wednesday games, but this would all be a moot point of USF was 7-0 and ranked and playing a 7-0 Rutgers.  Meaning, people would show up on a wednesday if both teams were winning

I set Saturdays (especially evenings) aside for USF football (unless family events are planned). We plan other things for the other days of the week.     Mid-week away games also aren't conducive to traveling, and  the fact that because of TV, and  Saturday game times (home or away) aren't set until close to game day making those more difficult to plan for too.  Whether the team is on a winning or losing streak really doesn't enter into the decision (in my case) to  attend a game or not.  IE: Rutgers & Pitt could be the biggest games of the year in 2010, but I won't be there, because I have other things scheduled on those days.

The schedule was announced many months ago. The game wasn't moved to Wednesday last week, it has been on Wednesday since April, or whenever the schedule was announced. I'm going to guess that if you wanted to go to this game, it being on a Wednesday wouldn't have stopped you from being available.

You can just say, "I don't really care about going to this game," rather than blaming it on the day of the week. It's OK to not feel like going to a game, you don't have to fabricate excuses.

the BE is ESPNs *****.

Better than being CBSS's ***** ...

you're wrong.  CBS has two networks to schedule.  ESPN has four and will put you wherever they want.

Interesting way to look at it ... Pros and cons for each .... I'm not sure how many casual fans even realize there is a CBSS.

Thursday is the only prominent weeknight game in my opinion.  Now that the Thursday night game have become vogue the Big East has been pushed another rung down the ladder to Wednesday.

I think prominent weeknight is an oxymoron ....

i think thursday night is strong.  even the nfl has scheduled thursday games.

I guess we each have our own definition of "strong" ... The NFL has Monday and Sunday night games but I wouldn't consider a college game, under normal circumstances, played on those nights strong.

also worth mentioning that one weeknight game is good for the program.  3 in a row?  kind of a joke

I guess it's what you make of it ... You win, you've got positive pub, all to yourself for that night as far as college football is concerned. Plus, it's a built in excuse for not travelling well.  ;)

What will really kill ANY pub for this Wednesday is if SF doesn't put it away tonight ...

Archived