• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WTF: Wednesday vs. Rutgers

Guest Sunburned

Don't care for wednesday games, but this would all be a moot point of USF was 7-0 and ranked and playing a 7-0 Rutgers.  Meaning, people would show up on a wednesday if both teams were winning

I set Saturdays (especially evenings) aside for USF football (unless family events are planned). We plan other things for the other days of the week.     Mid-week away games also aren't conducive to traveling, and  the fact that because of TV, and  Saturday game times (home or away) aren't set until close to game day making those more difficult to plan for too.  Whether the team is on a winning or losing streak really doesn't enter into the decision (in my case) to  attend a game or not.  IE: Rutgers & Pitt could be the biggest games of the year in 2010, but I won't be there, because I have other things scheduled on those days.

Well whoop dee doo

The schedule was announced many months ago. The game wasn't moved to Wednesday last week, it has been on Wednesday since April, or whenever the schedule was announced. I'm going to guess that if you wanted to go to this game, it being on a Wednesday wouldn't have stopped you from being available.

You can just say, "I don't really care about going to this game," rather than blaming it on the day of the week. It's OK to not feel like going to a game, you don't have to fabricate excuses.

Well whoop dee doo! So, it was scheduled for a Wednesday  back in April.  That doesn't change fact that some people (myself included) have other things to do on Wednesday nights.  In my case,  it wouldn't matter if the Bulls were playing for the National Championship on a Wednesday, I wouldn't be there.  If I really didn't want to see the Bulls play Rutgers and other BE conference games, why in the world would I be a season ticket holder???  Unlike most people  know, it appears that you may not have much of a life outside of college football, so I sort of understand where you're coming from.

Week night college football games are designed for the couch potato TV viewer, not the season ticket holder.  I gave up being an NFL season ticket holder long ago and one reason was because Monday and Thursday games were not convenient for me to attend. Having the team owner telling tickets holders that he didn't care if we came to the games or not was the final straw. That was more than 25 years ago, and I haven't been to a game or watched the NFL on the tube since then.  Lifes been good without the NFL! 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

a wednesday night game is bush league. I guess I shouldn't complain if we start to play on tuesdays? or sundays? (wait we have played on a sunday).

LOL ....Stop changing your story ... Your whole premise on this thread is that Wednesday night home games are a huge detriment to building a program because it hurts ATTENDANCE .... but then you come out with no there's no harm in playing a Thursday night game once a year. You've been asked two times to differentiate between ATTENDANCE on Thursday night and ATTENDANCE on Wednesday night ... and two times you've chosen to ignore the question. Why is that?

how about if you show me viewership numbers? Which is higher rated on average? thursday night college football games or wednesday nights?

BTW I would prefer to play all our home games on a saturday. I said thursday is more convenient for me and the fact that a lot of college students don't have class on fridays would mean it's more convenient for them too.

anyway, see you on wednesday night. of course i can't tailgate and i may have to leave early so we can start the ***** threads about fans leaving early and low attendance now.

Don't care for wednesday games, but this would all be a moot point of USF was 7-0 and ranked and playing a 7-0 Rutgers.  Meaning, people would show up on a wednesday if both teams were winning

I set Saturdays (especially evenings) aside for USF football (unless family events are planned). We plan other things for the other days of the week.     Mid-week away games also aren't conducive to traveling, and  the fact that because of TV, and  Saturday game times (home or away) aren't set until close to game day making those more difficult to plan for too.  Whether the team is on a winning or losing streak really doesn't enter into the decision (in my case) to  attend a game or not.  IE: Rutgers & Pitt could be the biggest games of the year in 2010, but I won't be there, because I have other things scheduled on those days.

Well whoop dee doo

The schedule was announced many months ago. The game wasn't moved to Wednesday last week, it has been on Wednesday since April, or whenever the schedule was announced. I'm going to guess that if you wanted to go to this game, it being on a Wednesday wouldn't have stopped you from being available.

You can just say, "I don't really care about going to this game," rather than blaming it on the day of the week. It's OK to not feel like going to a game, you don't have to fabricate excuses.

Well whoop dee doo! So, it was scheduled for a Wednesday  back in April.  That doesn't change fact that some people (myself included) have other things to do on Wednesday nights.  In my case,  it wouldn't matter if the Bulls were playing for the National Championship on a Wednesday, I wouldn't be there.  If I really didn't want to see the Bulls play Rutgers and other BE conference games, why in the world would I be a season ticket holder???  Unlike most people  know, it appears that you may not have much of a life outside of college football, so I sort of understand where you're coming from.

Week night college football games are designed for the couch potato TV viewer, not the season ticket holder.  I gave up being an NFL season ticket holder long ago and one reason was because Monday and Thursday games were not convenient for me to attend. Having the team owner telling tickets holders that he didn't care if we came to the games or not was the final straw. That was more than 25 years ago, and I haven't been to a game or watched the NFL on the tube since then.  Lifes been good without the NFL! 

come on. I have a hard time believing you can't drop everything, take a couple of days off work, let the kids skip school on wednesday and thursday and enjoy some midweek football. where are your priorities!! ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

a wednesday night game is bush league. I guess I shouldn't complain if we start to play on tuesdays? or sundays? (wait we have played on a sunday).

LOL ....Stop changing your story ... Your whole premise on this thread is that Wednesday night home games are a huge detriment to building a program because it hurts ATTENDANCE .... but then you come out with no there's no harm in playing a Thursday night game once a year. You've been asked two times to differentiate between ATTENDANCE on Thursday night and ATTENDANCE on Wednesday night ... and two times you've chosen to ignore the question. Why is that?

how about if you show me viewership numbers? Which is higher rated on average? thursday night college football games or wednesday nights?

DoubleFacepalmRickerPicard.jpg

would someone please lock this **** thread??!?!?!

are you forced to open it?

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

would someone please lock this **** thread??!?!?!

are you forced to open it?

Much like a train wreck, you don't want to look but...

:trainwreck

DoubleFacepalmRickerPicard.jpg

obviously you know there is no way to compare like attendance for thursdays and wednesdays.

I can tell you the big programs don't play football on wednesdays (or weekdays for the most part)for a reason. at least some of the respectable programs are playing on thursday nights.

I don't like midweek games at all. If we want to differentiate ourselves from UCF, playing on wednesdays doesn't help. they played 2 wednesday night games this year. that's the league wednesdays puts us in.

midweek games are for the benefit of the tv audience not the actual donors and season ticket holders.

here is the list of wednesday night games. this is the company we keep.

UAB vs UCF

Marshal v UCF

Rutgers vs USF

Miami(Oh) v Bowling Green

Bowling Green vs Toledo

Akron vs Miami(oh)

that's an impressive list. only BCS program to play a home game on a wednesday. embarrassing.

Guest Sunburned

Wednesday Night Football is a FLOP.

The Bulls are playing Big East rival Rutgers and USF is desperate to put bodes in the lower bowl of the RJ.

Faculty and Staff Discount Available for Rutgers Game

Courtesy: USF

Release: 11/02/2010

TAMPA - University of South Florida faculty and staff can take advantage of a special buy-one-get-one-free offer for Wednesday night's football game against the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers. Kickoff  is set for 7 p.m. at Raymond James Stadium.

With the purchase of a lower bowel ticket, faculty and staff will receive one free. Tickets must be purchased on-line at www.ticketmaster.com, where they will enter the discount code: colin.

In addition, fans attending Wednesday night's game are encouraged to visit the north side of Raymond James Stadium from 4:30-6:30 p.m. for a pregame tailgate, presented by Bulls Country Taste of Bulls. The tailgate will be located in a fenced-in area between gates A and B on the Pirate Ship end of the stadium.

For more information on USF Football or for up-to-date scores and statistics, visit the official website of Bulls Athletics at www.GoUSFBulls.com.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=205023531

Tickets still available for USF football game with Rutgers

Courtesy: USF

Release: 11/02/2010

Tickets are still available for USF's Wednesday night game with Rutgers. The Bulls are looking for their second consecutive BIG EAST victory when they host the Scarlet Knights at Raymond James Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.

Lower level tickets start as low as $25 and buy-one-get-one-free tickets are available in the upper deck for as low as $5. Tickets may be purchased on-line at www.ticketmaster.com, over the phone by dialing 1-800-745-3000, or in person at the USF Ticket Office.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=205023096

• Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

I'll actually be there tomorrow with my wife for the game, have the rest of the week off  ;)

Archived