• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question for those of you that think BJ should keep his starting job

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Does BJ get a FREE PASS this entire season to be the starter simply because we don't have an "expirienced" back-up to replace him with? What if he has another 3 INT 0TD game against Cincy on Friday (Cincy btw has the worst...I repeat WORST statistical pass defense in the entire Big East) should he still get another yet another chance to prove himself?

Personally I think this game is where BJ HAS TO breakout, like I said earlier Cincy is awful defending the pass, if he can't make positive plays happen against them then we really have to give someone else a chance.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Does BJ get a FREE PASS this entire season to be the starter simply because we don't have an "expirienced" back-up to replace him with? What if he has another 3 INT 0TD game against Cincy on Friday (Cincy btw has the worst...I repeat WORST statistical pass defense in the entire Big East) should he still get another yet another chance to prove himself?

Personally I think this game is where BJ HAS TO breakout, like I said earlier Cincy is awful defending the pass, if he can't make positive plays happen against them then we really have to give someone else a chance.

I don't think it's a free pass as much as it's that we don't have another viable option on the roster, or at least that's how i look at it.  Eveld is the guy listed as the #2 and a walk on true Frosh with no mobility behind our offensive line doesn't sound like a decent proposition to me.  I'm not a fan of change just for the sake of change and i feel there is not a more viable realistic option on the roster at the moment.  I also think the fact that we have not seen Eveld outside of obvious garbage time, even with how terrible BJ has played, says a lot about where he is as a QB right now and the staff's confidence in him.   

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I don't think it's a free pass as much as it's that we don't have another viable option on the roster, or at least that's how i look at it.  Eveld is the guy listed as the #2 and a walk on true Frosh with no mobility behind our offensive line doesn't sound like a decent proposition to me.  I'm not a fan of change just for the sake of change and i feel there is not a more viable realistic option on the roster at the moment.  I also think the fact that we have not seen Eveld outside of obvious garbage time, even with how terrible BJ has played, says a lot about where he is as a QB right now and the staff's confidence in him.     

+1

I don't think we have another option. Eveld's numbers in 2A high school football last year weren't as good as Bj's were in BCS football. I'm not sure why anybody is clamoring for him as if he is the answer.

• Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Agree with the other two; the reason BJ is still playing is because he is the best of what we have. I think next Spring Skip opens it up and has a competition between BJ and Weatherford and when Stevie wins I hope Skip moves BJ to WR where he could be a game changer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,654
  • Days Won:  424

I guess I'm one of those message board mavericks that believe the coaches get paid the big bucks for a reason. I've got to assume that Skip, for the most part, knows what the hell he's doing. He obviously believes that the best thing for the program is to keep BJ in there.They've got a helluva lot more information to base that decision on than us chumps on a message board ...f there comes a time this season where he thinks it's not in the best interest to start BJ, I've got to assume he makes the switch ...

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

+1

I don't think we have another option. Eveld's numbers in 2A high school football last year weren't as good as bj daniels were in BCS football. I'm not sure why anybody is clamoring for him as if he is the answer.

isn't the 2nd string qb always the best player on the team?  ;)

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

isn't the 2nd string qb always the best player on the team?

Unless the kicker sucks, then it's everyone on the soccer team.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

As much as I may or may not agree with, I called Ms Cleo and she said when were no longer able to make a bowl you will see a benching. 

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

how do you know what Eveld can or cant do? on the other hand we have seen what BJ is doing this year.......how many Rutgers fan believed before the season that Chas Dodd would be better than Savage?

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

how do you know what Eveld can or cant do?

Uh, none of us do, that's the whole point. Skip Holtz, on the other hand, has a much better idea of what Eveld can or can't do, because he sees him practice every day. The ones demanding Daniels be benched are the ones making assumptions about Eveld, the more sensible people defer to the coach, who actually can form a worthwhile opinion on the matter.

Archived