• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question for those of you that think BJ should keep his starting job

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Do you think BJD presents the best option to win? Would you be willing to sacrifice a game, just go ahead and write off a conference loss,  for the experience of 'seeing' what the backup would do? I don't think coaches are 50/50 flip-a-coin type of guys. We're not in a position to risk, on the off chance of success, another conference loss to experiment. The bottom line here is that BJD either embraces, lives-eats-sleeps-and-excels at the CSH system or he gets replaced with someone who does. And that person may not yet be on the roster.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

how do you know what Eveld can or cant do? on the other hand we have seen what BJ is doing this year.......how many Rutgers fan believed before the season that Chas Dodd would be better than Savage?

Dodd is a bad example seeing as how he could have gone to South Carolina, Clemson, or Wake Forrest if he chose to.  The guy was a talented and proven player in high school, not a walk on who didn't have any good offers coming out of high school.  Also it seems that the only person who would have enough evidence to "know" if Eveld could do it or not hasn't put him in the game other than extreme garbage minutes, and that's with BJ looking just terrible the last couple of games.  Now, no i don't know for sure, but i really don't see and evidence that he can do it and i certainly don't think his lack of mobility would help at all behind our offensive line.   If Eveld comes in the game during meaningful minutes and I'm the D Coordinator for the other team, my eyes light up and i send the house relentlessly.  Remember when BJ uses his elusiveness to avoid a sack, which happens often, that is something that Eveld simply cannot do, its not in his skillset.  From watching the games this season this is something BJ has had to do often.  Some people think it can't get any worse, well it certainly can.  Imagine taking twice as many sacks and being in long yardage with the passing game we have currently......  

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I would have to say think of last year when Grothe went down and we were all concerned that we had this Freshman QB that had no experience we had to play, then he beat FSU and started out great.  We thought we were then OK we had found this gem.

Last year in the BCS game when Texas star went down and their frosh QB with no snaps had to come in, and wow, he played well.

Fact is, we do not know what Eveld can do.  There was a reason the staff decided to make him number 2 and RS Gunsby.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I would have to say think of last year when Grothe went down and we were all concerned that we had this Freshman QB that had no experience we had to play, then he beat FSU and started out great.  We thought we were then OK we had found this gem.

Last year in the BCS game when Texas star went down and their frosh QB with no snaps had to come in, and wow, he played well.

Fact is, we do not know what Eveld can do.  There was a reason the staff decided to make him number 2 and RS Gunsby.

you're comparing a 5 star (#2 at his position; #18 overall) that played a half of football for a UT team loaded with weapons to a walk-on that will play half a season with 7 of 8 top receivers missing from a year ago.

BTW Gibbert was 15 for 40 with 4 interceptions in that game.

weird thing was their coaches called a pass play with under 30 seconds left from their own 37 yard line that was returned for a TD. sounds familiar.

this year he has 4 TDs and 5 picks and Bj Daniels passer rating is only 9 points below his.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

how do you know what Eveld can or cant do?

Uh, none of us do, that's the whole point. Skip Holtz, on the other hand, has a much better idea of what Eveld can or can't do, because he sees him practice every day. The ones demanding Daniels be benched are the ones making assumptions about Eveld, the more sensible people defer to the coach, who actually can form a worthwhile opinion on the matter.

Seriously, how freaking hard is that to grasp??

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Picture this....stranded on an island and all you left is a years supply **** sandwiches....guess what-you eat it and like it...why, because that's all you have.....

Well bulls fans-open wide until next year......

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

He'll certainly be in as long as there is a chance for a bowl game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Picture this....stranded on an island and all you left is a years supply **** sandwiches....guess what-you eat it and like it...why, because that's all you have.....

Well bulls fans-open wide until next year......

I'd prefer not to make an analogy of our student athletes to **** sandwiches but whatever floats your boat ...

• Content Count:  174
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys... On this board or any board for that matter, what is said, really is our opinion and I could be wrong.. But, I doubt that we can effect the decisions on how the team should operate...  ;D But.. it's fun letting off steam... 8-)

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Hey guys... On this board or any board for that matter, what is said, really is our opinion and I could be wrong.. But, I doubt that we can effect the decisions on how the team should operate...  ;D But.. it's fun letting off steam... 8-)

This....not talking about BJ, but the situation....I agree-they are students and not pros....my bad for not clarifying...

Archived